GDT 17, Finally...this season is OVER! Now What the hell happens?

Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Sunday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Jimmy Truckstop
    • Kiwi
    • Hornby
    • Just shoot me now.
    • Better shoot me again. This has gone on for 20 years now.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Stop with the emotion crap.Why would I be emotional? Don't talk yourself into me being emotional to think it proves your point, it doesn't. You think we have good pass pro on average this season and I haven't seen anything close to it. It doesn't mean I'm emotional.

Mind has a habit of pointing to analytical stuff when it supports him and dismissing it in favor of watching the tape when it doesn’t.

We all do I suppose.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not emotional. Landry backing off of that throw in the first Ravens game. OBJ walking off of the field during a play.

You are based on the inferences you're making.

Landry moving slow leading to others inferring that he quit or didn't give effort. We don't know that. What if he's gutting it out in the highest level of football possible and just couldnt go on that play -OR- Instead he had to slow the pace of his route because 3 route combos were in close area. The point is we don't know which is which or if it's even something else. So, why react as if we do know.

OBJ walking off, the announcer making an inference and you and others doing so as well. The inference supports and confirms your prior belief. OBJ returned. In football when players are injured and run a hard route or run up the middle they come out for a play if not more especially if it was a 3rd down conversion. That's basic football; if you played (you probably did) that happens.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Landry moving slow leading to others inferring that he quit or didn't give effort. We don't know that. What if he's gutting it out in the highest level of football possible and just couldnt go on that play -OR- Instead he had to slow the pace of his route because 3 route combos were in close area. The point is we don't know which is which or if it's even something else. So, why react as if we do know.

OBJ walking off, the announcer making an inference and you and others doing so as well. The inference supports and confirms your prior belief. OBJ returned. In football when players are injured and run a hard route or run up the middle they come out for a play if not more especially if it was a 3rd down conversion. That's basic football; if you played (you probably did) that happens.

I bet you're fun at parties.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I'm talking about OBJ leaving the field instead of trying to tackle the player who interceped it. I have no idea what you are talking about with Landry. If you think both gave 100% on every play this season then just go with that.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Stop with the emotion crap.Why would I be emotional? Don't talk yourself into me being emotional to think it proves your point, it doesn't. You think we have good pass pro on average this season and I haven't seen anything close to it. It doesn't mean I'm emotional.

Fine ... you're not emotional... but your point about the oline has not been substantiated and you are holding onto that unsubstantiated opinion for other non-emotional reasons. 

That ignores all available consensus data we have about OLine play in the NFL 2019. 

I'm all for critiquing analytics or whether they accurately are representing the reality of play. I often do, but based on analytical data AND consensus traditional scouting data of the league, that is what the data says... It's not my personal belief...

If you choose to ignore, maybe not emotional in the true sense what I was trying to say by "emotional" is that you have reasons that seem to be overriding being open to what consensus data says.