GDT 17, Finally...this season is OVER! Now What the hell happens?

Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Sunday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Jimmy Truckstop
    • Kiwi
    • Hornby
    • Just shoot me now.
    • Better shoot me again. This has gone on for 20 years now.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:
22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup Landry played hard every week except today. Gave up on multiple routes.

hahah ... come on man... all game he put in good work. you see 1 play and that means he didn't play hard today?

You ever played a game with a serious injury to your hip or lower body for over 50 snaps? If you play football injured you can only go so much.

It's one route in question and the spacing was awful the earlier one.

That last pass was uncatchable.  His momentum was taking him the other way. He stopped to head the other way but he couldn't get to that. 

In real time turning to get that with the ball traveling at velocity he's not getting close to that.. The TV copy maybe distorts the proximity to some but everyone I'm watching the game with readily saw that ball as uncatchable. Robert Smith says "doesn't even try" then opinions fly off.

I don't walk away from the game saying "man landry tried all year but those 2 plays i saw mean he didn't have effort today." He put it on the line the entire game injured needing surgery.

I commend him and hope he returns healthy next year.

Yeah Dawg don't trust what you see, Mind saw every route and every play so he knows Landry gave 100% every time out. How do you not know this? Your opinion is wrong because Mind uses facts.

Facts that aren't facts but facts nonetheless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Vernon

Richardson

You only cut guys if you can upgrade them in off-season.

As much as I'd like to upgrade over Olivier, we're not going to find a Defensive end in round 3 or later that can come in and be better than Vernon.  Our 1st and 2nd round picks are going to go to more pressing needs along the Offensive line. 

The Free Agent class at DE and DT is abysmal unless we want a Jadaveon Clowney at DE or somehow the Chiefs give up on Chris Jones.

Vernon already got his bonus money and now he just gets his base salary.

Richardson was solid all year. We can't upgrade over him either as the DT class is even worse than the DE class. 

Keeping Vernon and Richardson are the best moves considering the scarcity at DE and DT in upcoming free agency and the draft.

I wish it was otherwise but I'm it afraid it's likely not.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

As much as I'd like to upgrade over Olivier, we're not going to find a Defensive end in round 3 or later that can come in and be better than Vernon.  Our 1st and 2nd round picks are going to go to more pressing needs along the Offensive line. 

The Free Agent class at DE and DT is abysmal unless we want a Jadaveon Clowney at DE or somehow the Chiefs give up on Chris Jones.

Richardson was solid all year. We can't upgrade over him either as the DT class is even worse than the DE class. 

Keeping Vernon and Richardson are the best moves considering the scarcity at DE and DT in upcoming free agency and the draft.

I wish it was otherwise but I'm it afraid it's likely not.

That’s not true.  You cut a guy making 15 million if he can’t see the field and produce more than 3 sacks regardless of whether or not you can find someone better.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

Looks like someone has never heard the term “cap casualty”. 

Eh, I didn’t see much of a drop off with Chad Thomas tbh.

Vernon did nothing after preseason.

Which is how much again?

And his dead cap is what?

Agreed there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm tempted to say something that I know will annoy @Mind Character just so I can get him to write an essay in response to me.

Love ya Mind. 😘

I'm done man... i promise.. no matter what's said... haha.. I'm hanging it up....

I don't care at this point... disgusting season of foolishness...

... people lash out at stuff and attribute blame where they see fit... it's a frustrating time.. people don't agree with me and I don't agree with them.. it is what it is...

It turns out it wasn't nigh.... lol...

No Amnesia-ing .. everyone is awake and pissed...

Baker's is going to fix everything by himself this off-season... We're bringing back SASHI... you heard it here first...

What a time to be alive...

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'm done man... i promise.. no matter what's said... haha.. I'm hanging it up....

I don't care at this point... disgusting season of foolishness...

... people lash out at stuff and attribute blame where they see fit... it's a frustrating time.. people don't agree with me and I don't agree with them.. it is what it is...

It turns out it wasn't nigh.... lol...

No Amnesia-ing .. everyone is awake and pissed...

Baker's is going to fix everything by himself this off-season... We're bringing back SASHI... you heard it here first...

What a time to be alive...

U better not be fckin with us about sashi you’ll crush @LETSGOBROWNIES if you’re lying 

• Like 1