SNF: SF at Sea(Quest for the 1)

Malfatron

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was just dumb. If the trainers needed to go out to look at him, Fant needed to come out for that play. It would have cost them 10 second IIRC though. 

Terrible situational awareness. 

It would not have cost them 10 second after the spike! The clock was stopped therefore no run off. Only if the injury stops the clock. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's right, it was after an incompletion, so there would have been no run off. Fant still would have needed to come out though.

Correct on Fant! In hindsight, he should have come out a play! 

BTW, that is one of the free agents I'd like to target. He would be a really good back up swing tackle. He may have made himself a ton of money this week though. He was solid against Bosa all night. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

After major struggles against Blough, Trubisky, Haskins, Jones, Allen, etc etc I wouldn't be confident against Bridgewater, much less Brees

What major struggles? They all combined for a 6 TD 8 INT Ratio against us

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Just now, Golfman said:

Correct on Fant! In hindsight, he should have come out a play! 

BTW, that is one of the free agents I'd like to target. He would be a really good back up swing tackle. He may have made himself a ton of money this week though. He was solid against Bosa all night. 

I think we were more seeing the 49ers with a more contain based rush to account for Wilson's running ability than anything Fant was doing.

Wasn't he their 4th OT to start the year?

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Catch a break with old man Brees throwing in bad weather and you might have a shot.

another silver lining is that the bad weather should mean that Rodgers won't be airmailing receivers but rather underthrowing it. At least they'll have a shot to make a play on the ball though

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

After major struggles against Blough, Trubisky, Haskins, Jones, Allen, etc etc I wouldn't be confident against Bridgewater, much less Brees

Exactly. Blough missed some throws that could've sealed our fate. The way Rodgers is playing doesn't give me any hope this postseason. He's back to playing McCarthy ball, that's all he knows. He just can't play within a system. All he knows is scramble drill playground football.