SNF: SF at Sea(Quest for the 1)

Malfatron

I won't mind playing NO just to avoid the inevitable off-season back and forth about whether this GB team had any chance to beat them.  I'm fine with finding out first hand in two weeks.  I don't think this Packers team would have much of a chance if the game were played in NO, but they have a punchers chance in GB.  Especially if bad weather is in play.  If the Saints come to GB in mid-January and beat the Packers, that's a pretty clear indicator that the right team is moving on to the NFCC.  Barring ref/replay related controversies (never a given these days) I'll have no complaints either way.

Edited by Mazrimiv

I can't wait to beat the Saints in Lambeau.  Brees outdoors is very human.  Hopefully it comes down to a controversial no PI call as Jaire breaks up a last ditch attempt and the Aints fans can cry their way to another rule change that effs up next years football season. (and the viking fans can cry about the Pack getting all the calls!)

32 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I won't mind playing NO just to avoid the inevitable off-season back and forth about whether this GB team had any chance to beat them.  I'm fine with finding out first hand in two weeks.  I don't think this Packers team would have much of a chance if the game were played in NO, but they have a punchers chance in GB.  Especially if bad weather is in play.  If the Saints come to GB in mid-January and beat the Packers, that's a pretty clear indicator that the right team is moving on to the NFCC.  Barring ref/replay related controversies (never a given these days) I'll have no complaints either way.

Yea, unfortunately, it was pretty much set up, regardless of being the 1 or 2, that we were going to get the Saints or Niners in the Divisional Round. I'd rather face the Saints for sure. Colder the better. For all of our flaws, this team is currently built to play in sub-20 degree weather at Lambeau Field. The Saints defense is susceptible to power football and they don't have anyone on the front 4 who scares me, including Jordan. 

On the other side of the ball, the Saints offense is formidable with Brees-Kamara-Thomas-Cook and two tackles who haven't surrendered a sack this year, but playing them at Lambeau in the cold will give us whatever edge we are going to get. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Worst case scenario, we play the Saints and Taysom Hill has a TD rec, TD run, and blocked punt -- one final laughing F U to Ted for cutting him in favor of Callahan. 

This needs to stop.  You really think anyone on GB's staff had the imagination to use Hill as a swiss army knife?  Not a chance.

Do you really think Taysom Hill regrets getting cut as GB's third string QB?  It was the best thing that happened to him.  He'd still be wasting away on our bench if we kept him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

This needs to stop.  You really think anyone on GB's staff had the imagination to use Hill as a swiss army knife?  Not a chance.

Do you really think Taysom Hill regrets getting cut as GB's third string QB?  It was the best thing that happened to him.  He'd still be wasting away on our bench if we kept him.

this.

Dude's just a plus athlete, great football player without a real home. He's also like 30 and has had 4 season ending injuries lol

33 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I always find this argument amusing because it's basically just an admission that Ted and Mike were short-sighted and/or unable to use/realize talent. Yes, I agree that Hill would have been wasted in GB because I agree that Ted and Mike would not have known how to use him. That's a problem that thankfully we are no longer dealing with. 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I always find this argument amusing because it's basically just an admission that Ted and Mike were short-sighted and/or unable to use/realize talent. Yes, I agree that Hill would have been wasted in GB because I agree that Ted and Mike would not have known how to use him. That's a problem that thankfully we are no longer dealing with. 

TT hired McCarthy over Payton as well .. another mistake.  McCarthy was a good coach, but Payton is considered one of the elite.  I wonder how much of a difference Payton would have made in GB.  He really wanted the GB job as well.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

TT hired McCarthy over Payton as well .. another mistake.  McCarthy was a good coach, but Payton is considered one of the elite.  I wonder how much of a difference Payton would have made in GB.  He really wanted the GB job as well.  

Are we sure we're not looking at Payton and McCarthy opposite ways if they switch situations? Having your franchise QB start sucking is going to get you fired. 

It's not like Payton and McCarthy don't have absurdly similar HC resumes.

• Like 2