Who would win right now on a neutral field? Patriots or Packers?

mdonnelly21

46 members have voted

1. 1. Right now who wins on a neutral field?

• Patriots
    • Packers

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're living in 2014.  Those days are over.  Green Bay's strengths in 2019 lie much more in their defense and running game. 

Probably. We're not seeing 2014 again, but I think Rodgers could still have a great season or two left in him with some significantly better pass catchers.

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're living in 2014.  Those days are over.  Green Bay's strengths in 2019 lie much more in their defense and running game. 

Nope, not even close.  

Defense isn't even in the top 10 overall.  

Their defense can't even compare to New England, Baltimore, or San Francisco.  

Rodgers calls the shots in Green Bay. 

He has so much influence over that team, and they would never have a chance in the postseason if he were to get injured.  

21 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Nope, not even close.  

Defense isn't even in the top 10 overall.  

Their defense can't even compare to New England, Baltimore, or San Francisco.  

Rodgers calls the shots in Green Bay. 

He has so much influence over that team, and they would never have a chance in the postseason if he were to get injured.  

I mean, you're just wrong ha

Defense finished 10th in scoring (19.9 offensive points per game allowed) and allowed 14.2 per game (2nd in league) over the last 5 weeks when we went 5-0. We've also been a top 3 offense with Aaron Jones on the field (vs 29th when he's not on the field). Team flows through Jones and the defense in 2019, as @Uncle Buck stated.

But yes, pretty much every team (that doesn't have Nick Foles) would never have a chance in the postseason if their starting QB was injured. Kind of a throwaway comment, there.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 11:56 PM, Uncle Buck said:

We're talking about a team that just lost to the Dolphins and another team that was incredibly lucky not to have just lost to the Lions.  Say what you want about the Patriots declining, but until I see it happen, I'm betting on them.

I found it rather telling the the Pats lost at home - where they have rarely lost under BB - with a bye on the line and the Pack found a way to win on the road when they clearly didn't play at their best.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I found it rather telling the the Pats lost at home - where they have rarely lost under BB - with a bye on the line and the Pack found a way to win on the road when they clearly didn't play at their best.  

You know Pugger, I've been maintaining for half of the season that Green Bay has been getting really lucky in a lot of ways this year.  While that may be true to some extent, eventually I have to give your guys credit because they keep finding ways to pull out the win.  Nobody is talking much about it, but I wonder if it might come down to coaching.  Your new head coach is probably underrated in the job he has been doing in getting these wins.  You don't luck your way into a 13-3 record.   Nice job. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You know Pugger, I've been maintaining for half of the season that Green Bay has been getting really lucky in a lot of ways this year.  While that may be true to some extent, eventually I have to give your guys credit because they keep finding ways to pull out the win.  Nobody is talking much about it, but I wonder if it might come down to coaching.  Your new head coach is probably underrated in the job he has been doing in getting these wins.  You don't luck your way into a 13-3 record.   Nice job. 

Both Brady and Rodgers are having a hard time connecting with their receivers....I agree, it would be a rather lackluster match up....If the Smith brothers can keep Brady flustered in the pocket, and the Patriots can muster up a defense....I could see it being like a 14-10 score, going either way....

• Like 1