Bears fire a bunch of coaches (Mostly offense)

GOGRIESE

45 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The factor here is that Kafka might be/have been the guy Nagy WANTED.... but rumors are that potential OCs don't really like the look of chicago job.....

Can't really blame them either... even if you're the "OC" Nagy is going to call plays over you, and is already on the hotseat and could be fired (likely getting most of his staff also canned) if we suck again next year. That's a terrible situation to come into on its own... then you notice we don't have a QB, TEs, or OL, only 1 really dependable receiver in ARob.... 

I really haven't seen any rumor like that. I think it's moreso Nagy won't pursue big OC names for the reasons you listed.

Regardless they have to get much better play from the QB, OL, TE, RB2 and WR2 & WR3 or none of this **** matters.

19 hours ago, Epyon said:

The factor here is that Kafka might be/have been the guy Nagy WANTED.... but rumors are that potential OCs don't really like the look of chicago job.....

Can't really blame them either... even if you're the "OC" Nagy is going to call plays over you, and is already on the hotseat and could be fired (likely getting most of his staff also canned) if we suck again next year. That's a terrible situation to come into on its own... then you notice we don't have a QB, TEs, or OL, only 1 really dependable receiver in ARob.... 

The only way I see Nagy getting fired is if the offense looks the same and misses the playoffs. He'll be on the hot seat if there's no improvement, though.

20 hours ago, Epyon said:

Is he *really* on the hot seat, though? He's won 20 games in his first two seasons. In this dog **** of a season, we still won 8 games and were two farts away from winning 10 games.

Fix the run game, protect the QB and lean on your defense and you should win at least 8 again next season. Get a few bounces or hit a developmental peak/continue to ascend and you're looking at 11-12 wins.

I have no desire to be the Cleveland Browns... this dude gets patience from me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Is he *really* on the hot seat, though? He's won 20 games in his first two seasons. In this dog **** of a season, we still won 8 games and were two farts away from winning 10 games.

Fix the run game, protect the QB and lean on your defense and you should win at least 8 again next season. Get a few bounces or hit a developmental peak/continue to ascend and you're looking at 11-12 wins.

I have no desire to be the Cleveland Browns... this dude gets patience from me.

The wins could easily be argued to be due to Pace and the DCs than Nagy. He has been propped up by his defense. 

2018 - 9th in scoring (6 defensive TDs, so about 13th minus those) and 1st in scoring defense

2019 - 29th in scoring offense and 3th in scoeing defense.

He was brought in to develop Tru and put a system together. Maybe Tru is crap and never can be more than a solid reserve nut thatbwas what Nagy signed for and it has been a massive failure so far. Execution has been horrendous overall on simple plays. 

If that (bolded) was all that was expected on offense then Nagy hasn't brought much to the table. Neither of us want to be the Browns but I'm damn tired of the Bears being themselves since the 90s. They've been constant failures on offense with a smattering of great defenses that occasionally sees postseason action. Loyalty is fine but needs to be warranted. 2020 is going to be a big year to show Nagy is worth keeping around. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm just being my typical OCD self. I don't really give a damn if it changes.

That's what I get for drinking while typing. Realized about a few hours after I posted it but there's no function to edit that anymore. On the old forum you could. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The wins could easily be argued to be due to Pace and the DCs than Nagy. He has been propped up by his defense. 

2018 - 9th in scoring (6 defensive TDs, so about 13th minus those) and 1st in scoring defense

2019 - 29th in scoring offense and 3th in scoeing defense.

He was brought in to develop Tru and put a system together. Maybe Tru is crap and never can be more than a solid reserve nut thatbwas what Nagy signed for and it has been a massive failure so far. Execution has been horrendous overall on simple plays. 

If that (bolded) was all that was expected on offense then Nagy hasn't brought much to the table. Neither of us want to be the Browns but I'm damn tired of the Bears being themselves since the 90s. They've been constant failures on offense with a smattering of great defenses that occasionally sees postseason action. Loyalty is fine but needs to be warranted. 2020 is going to be a big year to show Nagy is worth keeping around. 

100% truth here. I'm not giving Nagy credit for the team being 20-13 when most of that relies heavily on the defense and could have been MUCH better if not for a failing offense. The same failing offense that is supposed to be his forte. 

If it wasn't for the defense, the Bears are an 8-8 team last year, and a 5 win team this year. And that8-8 in '18 is being generous (I'm giving him credit for the Buffalo game last year, even though I shouldn't).

That said,  Nagy is a good HC (not OC) and deserves one more year with the offense. I only wish he would either give up play-calling duties altogether, or try to run this offense like he was supposed to be running it --(aka like the Chiefs/Eagles)--and so far, he hasn't! Which is a problem.

Which brings me to another point, while I'm at it. Will people PLEASE stop comparing his offense to Ried and Pederson? This has been Nagy's biggest issue! His offense has been NOTHING like those two despite the dream we were sold! Instead, he has been trying to create his own "path" per-say and failing miserably at it.

I know I should save this for another thread, but the notion that "Nagy runs the same offense as Ried and Pederson" needs to stop. I've been guilty of it myself until this year.

Mitch, 40 RPO's in of 15 games (3.6/G)
Mahomes, 71 RPO's in 14 games (5.5/G)
Wentz, 80 RPO's in 16 games (5.4?g)

Team totals (inc backup QBs)
CHI, 175 drives, 44 RPO's
PHI, 187 drives, 81 RPO's
KC , 164 drives, 85 RPO's

My opinion on Nagy that he is a good HC and some people tend to forget simple things that he has done to turn this team around. 

1) The team still fights hard for him (how many games have we lost by more than one score in two years?)

2) The way he handled Roquan's personal issue in the day and age where nothing seems private.

3) He changed the culture of this franchise in what was seemingly overnight. 

^^ Those are all traits of a good HC/

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 2

Redskins have contacted former Giants coach Pat Shurmur about possibly becoming their offensive coordinator, a person with knowledge of the situation said. Current offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell has met with Rivera and may stay but is expected to have interest from other teams. No interview has been set up with Shurmur, the person said.

Edited by G08