First Mock Draft

OnWisconsin-JRS

13 and 3 is nothing to over look and it’s been a hell of a season. I don’t think we are done I think we can get to the ultimate prize and win the Super Bowl. But I also think this team needs more playmakers and speed. Let’s be honest maybe #12 has lost some magic. He needs help and speed. Adams and Jones are it and Lazard has been nice. TE is a black hole but the special ones are hard to find. I hope Tonyan can be that guy but I also don’t see a guy in the draft that gets me excited maybe the combine will shed some light on the prospects. 

Lets get going on the Offseason:

LETS DO OUR GUYS FIRST:

CUTS:

Jimmy Graham

Lane Taylor

RESIGNS:

Brian Buluga, Mason Crosby, Tramon Williams, Marcedes Lewis, Jared Veldheer, Danny Vitale, I Campbell, Will Redmond and Chandon Sullivan 

-Reasons:

BB needs to come back hopefully on a 3 year deal. He has been great and stayed mostly healthy. But I also bring back Veldheer on a one year deal to give us a chance to recover if something bad happens. Crosby been money retires a packer. I love me the fullback and we need one. Lewis great blocker we need and locker room guy. Tramon is the glue back there and comes back cheap. Redmond and Sullivan are ERFA guys that I highlighted because they are key ones. All others are brought back to camp to fill the roster. 
One big guy gone is Blake. He wants way to much money and Gute stands his ground. 

RESTRUCTURE:

Corey Lindsey 

-Keeps the line together and allows us to extend a main guy.

EXTENSIONS:

KENNY CLARK 

-Is this even a question WE NEED HIM 

FREE AGENTS

Jordan Phillips, Randall Cobb and Jatavis Brown 

THE DRAFT:

1: Isaiah Simmons Hybrid ILB/Nickel S Clemson

2: Jalen Reagor WR TCU

3: Zach Baun OLB WI 

4: Hakeen Adeniji G/T Kansas 

5: Mustafa Johnson DL Colorado

6: Quintez Cephus WR WI

6: JR Reed S Georgia 

7: Deommodore Lenior CB Oregon

7: Rodney Smith RB Minn

7: Sean McKeon TE Michigan 

I remember there was a time when Cobb was washed up and couldn't do it anymore. That's also a signing that's very against last season's free agency strategy of getting guys on their second contract.

Jatavis Brown, what are you paying him? Simmons will play every snap if you drafted him. Brown also has absolutely horrific advanced stats this year. 155.7 passer rating against and a 38%(!!!!) missed tackle rate. He's also really really small to be trying to put him in Martinez's role. 

Linsley's on the last year of his deal, it's not a restructure, it's a resigning. 

Doing both Linsley's and Clark's extensions right now are the opposite of the direction the organization went with the Rodgers restructure. We just did everything we could to free up cap space. Unless you're going to reduce Linsley's year 1 number via the extension, you're adding money in year 1.

You need to spend more in Free Agency.

Simmons is gone unless you're going to trade up.

Gute drafting Simmons would be very out of character, ILB isn't a premium.

The Packers don't have any interest in undersized Edge Rushers. Baun isn't a fit. 

Cephus isn't making it to the 6th round. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Not a chance Simmons is available where we pick unless we move up into top 12 again. Reagor wont last until the mid/late second round. 

Agreed on Simmons, Reagor could fall due to it being a deep wr class and his sr production (like Metcalf).... I do like both picks if available 

Edited by pacman5252

6 hours ago, Tperk said:

Not a chance Simmons is available where we pick unless we move up into top 12 again. Reagor wont last until the mid/late second round. 

If we're interested in Reagor, we'll have to trade out of the first to grab some draft capital in order to move up to get him in the 2nd unless we want to reach a bit.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

If we're interested in Reagor, we'll have to trade out of the first to grab some draft capital in order to move up to get him in the 2nd unless we want to reach a bit.

So we trade up to get Simmons in the top 15 AND trade out of the first to grab Reagor in the early second round according to your draft? 

4 hours ago, Tperk said:

So we trade up to get Simmons in the top 15 AND trade out of the first to grab Reagor in the early second round according to your draft? 

No. Trade out of the first to gain draft capital to move up from our spot in the 2nd...