Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

35 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The way they acted this week was pathetic. I'd delete my account if I were them. Lamar was awful and the team came out flat which seemed to be impossible from all the talk. 

Lamar played well with the hands he was dealt. Big play after big play dropped by receivers. Dude had 508/530 (95.8%) of the yards in this game. He didn’t play great, but he was not awful. He had above average game made to look much worse because no one else on offense showed up. The much bigger issue was the coaching decisions in this game than Jackson. If I had to put a ranking on the play of guys in this game Lamar is top five with Hollywood Brown, Brandon Williams, Jimmy Smith, and Marshal Yanda.

If one of Seth Roberts (concentration drop), Mark Andrews (tipped interception), or Hayden Hurst (no look, easy TD)... plays are made, this game looks different. All in all you can’t go from leading history in rushing to trying to pass the ball 60 times in a football game and not blame this on the coaching. Not sure what other QBs in the league have great success passing the ball with that kind of volume and what Jackson got from his receivers/TEs today. But it is what it is. Titans won fair and square.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Lamar played well with the hands he was dealt. Big play after big play dropped by receivers. Dude had 508/530 (95.8%) of the yards in this game. He didn’t play great, but he was not awful. He had above average game made to look much worse because no one else on offense showed up. The much bigger issue was the coaching decisions in this game than Jackson. If I had to put a ranking on the play of guys in this game Lamar is top five with Hollywood Brown, Brandon Williams, Jimmy Smith, and Marshal Yanda.

If one of Seth Roberts (concentration drop), Mark Andrews (tipped interception), or Hayden Hurst (no look, easy TD)... plays are made, this game looks different. All in all you can’t go from leading history in rushing to trying to pass the ball 60 times in a football game and not blame this on the coaching. Not sure what other QBs in the league have great success passing the ball with that kind of volume and what Jackson got from his receivers/TEs today. But it is what it is. Titans won fair and square.

Meh, I wouldn't say he played above average. Most of his yards were in gabage time defense from Pees. He had some nice runs, but the turnovers were really bad.

37 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Smashmouth football will always prevail. This gimmick stuff is fun but like yeah it doesn’t win you championships. 

Well at least that “gimmick“ lead the Ravens to the divisional round, some teams struggle so much without a gimmick that they’re more likely to get a top 10 pick in the draft than to just compete for the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol this forum is such an utter prisoner of the moment. Member how the Chargers "figured him out" last year.

Christ. It really is insufferable reading this sometimes, the other 16 games matter too.

At least with the Chargers game, he played legitimately badly, even if everyone was suspiciously quick to decide that he was incapable of improving from there. With this game, he was one of like 4 guys who actually showed up to play. Today was the day our average receivers decided to remember they were bad and their drops killed us. Lamar pressed too much in the 2nd half and wasn't his sharpest, but that was all the repercussions of him realizing that he literally had no help otherwise because no one other than Hollywood could catch and we had abandoned the run for way too early.

Lamar was fine tonight, and hopefully it's a lesson that we need to give him real receivers. We lost this game because of drops, terrible defense, and coaches who got spooked. Not Lamar. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Meh, I wouldn't say he played above average. Most of his yards were in gabage time defense from Pees. He had some nice runs, but the turnovers were really bad.

Not really. He had 165 passing yards in the first half where there were even more drops. Pees was playing coverage all game. Jackson had roughly the same amount of passing yards in the second half. Then when the Titans started blitzing him in the second half, he started scrambling more often. Some of the plays in the second half were drops in the first half... though drops weren’t exclusive to the first or second half.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well at least that “gimmick“ lead the Ravens to the divisional round, some teams struggle so much without a gimmick that they’re more likely to get a top 10 pick in the draft than to just compete for the playoffs.

It's also not a gimmick. It's literally just the spread option.

• Like 1

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Not really. He had 165 passing yards in the first half where there were even more drops. Pees was playing coverage all game. Jackson had roughly the same amount of passing yards in the second half. Then when the Titans started blitzing him in the second half, he started scrambling more often. Some of the plays in the second half were drops in the first half... though drops weren’t exclusive to the first or second half.

Yeah, I get it. I'm not saying he was terrible, he just wasn't good, especially passing the ball. He threw more wobblers than spirals tonight, the last time I saw that many wobbled passes was from Peyton Manning in the super bowl.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Figured it's worth mentioning here, but Jeffrey Simmons is a piece of garbage.

Marshal Yanda has never once called out anyone in his entire career. Until now. To get him to do that, you must have done some pretty garbage stuff.

simmons’ conduct may have been poor, but this kind of complaint is just exquisitely, perfectly rich coming from a ravens fan. no sympathy whatsoever.