Fix my team 2020

Bearerofnews

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Now somebody figure out how to fix the Jaguars mess.

Trade Nick Foles for a late round pick (say... 5th?) to a team looking for a stop gap QB. IDK New England, San Diego, Tampa Bay, while they draft their future replacement.

Roll with Minshew for this year. RESIGN Ngakoue 

Cut:
Dareus
Campbell

Trade: 
Bouye
Foles

Sign:
Joe Schobert
Byron Jones
(some TE)

Draft: (Keep in mind trading Foles and Bouye would leave you with 2 more mid-late round picks)
0UUeMSz.png

(doubt Etienne would actually be there, but he was and it was too good to pass up)

Forgot Ngakoue was a free agent intially. Might have to cut some more dead weight players to ensure you can retain him.

My team, Eagles.

Edited by Danger

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

1. Let Rivers walk.
2. Draft Tua.
3. Trade Gordon for draft picks.
4. Get an impact run stopping LB'er for the defense with the traded Gordon picks.
5. Stay freaking healthy!

I doubt Tua makes it past MIA, but I have a different plan - LAC is built win now.

1.  Let Rivers walk.

2.  Sign Brady as a FA.  Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Mike Williams and Ekeler?  Brady farewell tour Joe Montana-style....

3.  Re-sign Hunter Henry.

4.   Key part - draft either Andrew Thomas if the other 5 teams ahead of them are crazy enough to let him drop, but if not, Tristan Wirfs is justifiable, to a team that is literally 1-2 guys away.

5.  Draft IOL Rd2.

6.  Get another run-stuffer DT in FA.

The other reason to go after TB12 - he's unflappable on the road.  With 16 road/neutral field games, they'll need it.  But that team is built to win now, so no rookie QB's this year.  If it all blows up, then sure, 2021 draft by all means, but not this year.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Trade Nick Foles for a late round pick (say... 5th?) to a team looking for a stop gap QB. IDK New England, San Diego, Tampa Bay, while they draft their future replacement.

Cut:
Dareus
Campbell

Trade: 
Bouye
Foles

Sign:
Joe Schobert
Byron Jones
(some TE)

Draft: (Keep in mind trading Foles and Bouye would leave you with 2 more mid-late round picks)
0UUeMSz.png

(doubt Etienne would actually be there, but he was and it was too good to pass up)

Forgot Ngakoue was a free agent intially. Might have to cut some more dead weight players to ensure you can retain him.

My team, Eagles.

IMO there is no realistic scenario where Austin Jackson falls that far.  I like the premise, but they will need to spend 20 on a T if they want someone as good as Jackson.   I do love the Lamb pick. 

Personally, I'd go IOL & T at 20 & 42.    Beefing up that OL is how you help Foles the most, after getting Lamb. 

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Fix the offensive line. Drew Lock looks like he can be a competent QB in this league.

I'll assume New England here...

- Resign Tom Brady. This is a no brainer, as even "bad" Brady is better than pretty much every FA available (more on this next bullet).

- Sign FA QB Marcus Mariota. This is step one of his "rehab" stint, sitting behind Brady and learning how to prepare and study as a QB should. The mechanical tools are there with Mariota, and you bank that Belicheck and the OC can get the mental tools in place for a shot at a starting gig in 2021.

- Trade a pick for Tampa Bay TE OJ Howard. Howard is not producing as he should in TB. He's not a bad player, not in the least. He is someone who has a complete set of tools to perform at an elite level in New England.

- Sign FA TE Darren Fells. You'll get into a bidding situation with Houston, but Fells is an incredibly athletic size mismatch at TE, and can work in the slot or in-line. A TE tandem of Howard and Fells could be the short game guys Brady will need, and both will help Mariota transition into the role by providing oversized targets with a big catch radius.

- Retain key FAs. I think Kyle Van Noy, Marcus Cannon are the headliners. Could be more.

- Draft the best WR available at their pick in the first round. My bet is Henry Ruggs III, who would be a different type of target to 2nd year wideout N'Keal Harry. 

- Spend 2/3 round picks on CB/S hybrids. Guys who can play multiple spots like Belly likes. (Assuming 2/3 are still there following the trade for Howard; Nonetheless, top two picks after round 1).

Ok, that's what I got. Next up, someone grab the Texans. :)

@ET80 Fire BoB and bring in Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer.

That's it. That's how you fix the Texans - at least initially. You also have a MASSIVE bill incoming for Laremy Tunsil and others that you'll have to deal with, along with Deshaun Watson's rookie contract expiring. So...you'll probably need a GM. I hear John Dorsey is a FA now.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I hear John Dorsey is a FA now.

This is problematic. Dorsey makes it a point to draft guys with off-field issues, the McNair family makes it a point to stay away from players with off-field issues. 

That's a stalemate if I've ever seen one. 

Just now, ET80 said:

This is problematic. Dorsey makes it a point to draft guys with off-field issues, the McNair family makes it a point to stay away from players with off-field issues. 

That's a stalemate if I've ever seen one. 

Well that's unfortunate. Maybe Sashi Brown would be interested? I'm not sure, but Sashi is basically the guy who gave the Browns all of their current talent via the draft, perhaps the Texans could do something like that.

Either way, Houston's problems currently are HC and lack of GM. Houston's problems in the next 2-3 years will be major cap problems, which is also a lack of a GM problem.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@ET80 Fire BoB and bring in Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer.

That's it. That's how you fix the Texans - at least initially. You also have a MASSIVE bill incoming for Laremy Tunsil and others that you'll have to deal with, along with Deshaun Watson's rookie contract expiring. So...you'll probably need a GM. I hear John Dorsey is a FA now.

Nothing to fix with Ravens but need to maintain the well oiled machine. Biggest decisions will be if they have to replace Roman or Martindale. Would need to bring in guys to run similar schemes given the talent personnel. 

Only thing I think Ravens can add is more WR talent and an edge rusher. Great year to grab a WR in late round 1. Ruggs would be scary. 

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Nothing to fix with Ravens but need to maintain the well oiled machine. Biggest decisions will be if they have to replace Roman or Martindale. Would need to bring in guys to run similar schemes given the talent personnel. 

Only thing I think Ravens can add is more WR talent and an edge rusher. Great year to grab a WR in late round 1. Ruggs would be scary. 

Yeah WR and edge rusher are our two major needs, along with ILB. Can't imagine we roll with LJ Fort and Bynes again next year. Coaching wise I think Martindale is gone for sure, but Roman stays. I can't think of anyone we have internally that would be DC-worthy, so this may be the year we reach out externally for a new DC.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well that's unfortunate. Maybe Sashi Brown would be interested? I'm not sure, but Sashi is basically the guy who gave the Browns all of their current talent via the draft, perhaps the Texans could do something like that

Nick Caserio is THE target, and unless he extends this off-season, he's headed to Houston. Texans ownership won't be afraid to make Caserio the highest paid GM in football if it comes down to it. Highest paid GM in sports is on the table, the Texans have wanted Caserio since Rick Smith was relieved of duty.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Either way, Houston's problems currently are HC and lack of GM. Houston's problems in the next 2-3 years will be major cap problems, which is also a lack of a GM problem.

I don't think it'll be major - Texans are looking at $85mm+ in cap space right now, with no real immediate re-signs on the dockett until Tunsil's due. Bradley Roby, DJ Reader and Zach Cunningham are the three guys who might require some bigger money deals.

As far as Tunsil - if I'm being blunt, his deal will be made at the expense of JJ Watt. Sooner rather than later, Watt will either retire or be asked to take a steep pay cut - or he'll get a chance on the open market as a FA. The money you're not paying JJ will go to Tunsil and Watson eventually.

The city will riot, absolutely riot. But, it's the right decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Cut:
Dareus
Campbell

Trade: 
Bouye
Foles

Sign:
Joe Schobert
Byron Jones
(some TE)

0UUeMSz.png

My team, Eagles.

Since no one did the Eagles 

1. Invest heavy in the secondary and WR in both FA and the Draft.

2. Sign a decent backup QB that isn’t 40.

3. Find a replacement for Jason Peters either through FA or Draft.

You guys seem set at RB, QB, OL and DL.

My team Colts.

Edited by Blackstar12