Fix my team 2020

Bearerofnews

I always thought a thread like this would be an interesting concept, to see how others outside your own fanbase view the future of your team. But thought it might be a dud thread on this forum. So here goes...

So premise is pretty simple. If you are not a fan of the team the poster above you is a fan of, then put on the GM cap of what you would do to that poster's team, who last posted, to make their team great in 2020. Serious attempts tho.

Then just put the name of your team at the end, just in case others dont know who your team is.

My team is Chargers....

Edited by Bearerofnews

LOL this thread is hilarious. Call it the LooZa thread. Yes I am . My Patriots need some help! The whole damn offense

QB - SIGN one, BB. TE - Get one, BB. WR's - holy god, ancient Edelman and scrubs. OLine, we're losing our only good one, Thuney. Much help needed here.

The McCourteys may  retire, losing a CB and S. the DLine needs a stud or two. HALP!

For the Chargers, you have to make a decision on Rivers. One bad season doesn't automatically mean you suck, but I'd understand if they want to move on. He straight up costed the Chargers this season given how many turnovers he had in one-score games that the Chargers lost. On paper they seem to have a nice roster. If Rivers resumes play at QB, get some o-line help.

Patriots - This depends on Brady. If he stays, send Antonio Brown a box of chocolate and some flowers and say you're sorry. Go all-in on one last championship run. If you can't get AB back, seriously consider trading up for a WR in this year's draft.

I'm a Falcons fan - so for my Falcons - I'd love to ditch the entire coaching staff and get in a real coach/OC. Quinn's a great human being, but he's one of many mediocre head coaches in the NFL and that's just not good enough to win a title. Barring that, draft defense, defense, defense, and more defense. This year's defense was absolutely horrendous and one of the worst defensive units I've ever seen from the Falcons, and that needs fixing by any means necessary. We could have a top 5 offense next year and it wouldn't matter if we're giving up 33 a game (that was what they were giving up before the bye week). DBPA - Defensive Best Player Available. Also resign Hooper. Also fire Dirk Koetter into a cannon.

43 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I always thought a thread like this would be an interesting concept, to see how others outside your own fanbase view the future of your team. But thought it might be a dud thread on this forum. So here goes...

So premise is pretty simple. If you are not a fan of the team the poster above you is a fan of, then put on the GM cap of what you would do to that poster's team, who last posted, to make their team great in 2020. Serious attempts tho.

Then just put the name of your team at the end, just in case others dont know who your team is.

My team is Chargers....

Trade for Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Patriots - This depends on Brady. If he stays, send Antonio Brown a box of chocolate and some flowers and say you're sorry. Go all-in on one last championship run. If you can't get AB back, seriously consider trading up for a WR in this year's draft

Well, the pats already traded their second round pick for Mohamed Sanu. So there's that. [SIGH]

As a Falcons fan, Sanu struggling confuses me. He was always solid - even if unspectacular, for us. I know Julio being the freak that he is opened things up a lot for Sanu, but the way he's struggling is weird to me. All I can assume is that the offensive systems the Falcons have used is just really foreign to what the Patriots run up in New England and Sanu's having a hard time learning it.

• Like 1

The premise of the thread isnt complicated. How did you all muck it up this bad? You answer about the team above you. The next guy answers about your team. 

A bunch of illiterates in here. 

The guy above me is a Falcons fan. I dont follow them super close, but I feel like their coaching and defense have been the biggest disappointments. Especially because their HC is defensive minded. If it were me, I would fire Quinn and start from scratch; maybe a young OC to see if you can strike gold again. I would spend draft resources on defense and possibly OL. They have good skill positions. Over the cap has them at $11m in space, so chances are they are going to have to restructure to add any FA's.

Whomever is next, I am a Cowboys fan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Whomever is next, I am a Cowboys fan. 

I think you guys might've fixed your biggest problem already with making the decision to move on from Garrett. 

Whoever comes in, I'm making sure that Moore and Kitna are retained no matter what. I'm considering letting go of Kris Richard and if Marinelli retires, I'm targeting someone with a strong background in run-stopping D. 

I'm torn on who I would bring on as HC. I don't see an offensive wunderkind from college being able to have a huge impact, but also don't see a retread out there I think improves greatly on Garrett. 

As far as players go, the cap space going into 2020 looks pretty good. Make sure Dak is resigned, but to a realistic contract. He's not going to be paid as the top QB in the league. Don't lowball the heck out of him, don't cave to crazy demands either. Resign Cooper and Cobb. Whomever else is a key cog. 

In the draft, I'd target DE, DT, WR rounds 1-3 in that order. Maybe nab a TE later. Not sure who is available in FA yet, so naturally this could change. 

Really, not a whole lot of "fixing" that I see. Dallas can probably be successful moving forward by doing business as usual with a coaching change. 

Someone fix the Raiders for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think you guys might've fixed your biggest problem already with making the decision to move on from Garrett. 

Whoever comes in, I'm making sure that Moore and Kitna are retained no matter what. I'm considering letting go of Kris Richard and if Marinelli retires, I'm targeting someone with a strong background in run-stopping D. 

I'm torn on who I would bring on as HC. I don't see an offensive wunderkind from college being able to have a huge impact, but also don't see a retread out there I think improves greatly on Garrett. 

As far as players go, the cap space going into 2020 looks pretty good. Make sure Dak is resigned, but to a realistic contract. He's not going to be paid as the top QB in the league. Don't lowball the heck out of him, don't cave to crazy demands either. Resign Cooper and Cobb. Whomever else is a key cog. 

In the draft, I'd target DE, DT, WR rounds 1-3 in that order. Maybe nab a TE later. Not sure who is available in FA yet, so naturally this could change. 

Really, not a whole lot of "fixing" that I see. Dallas can probably be successful moving forward by doing business as usual with a coaching change. 

Someone fix the Raiders for me.

Raiders seems easy...

They're set up to move Derek Carr for a reasonable return for this coming season.  It doesn't cost them much, and he's a very "okay" QB who could return plenty.  Not sure it's as much as Alex Smith netted, but it's probably not much less than that.  Bound to be teams interested in a "decent" QB for a 2nd rounder and a conditional pick sort of range.  Teams on the cusp of competing, but lacking that QB to get them there.

The coaching staff is firmly entrenched forever basically, and the move to Vegas almost gives an extra year of leeway.

It's a team that could still use talent at almost any position.  Drafting is easy...just go with the best player available, and you could probably use a stud there, aside from maybe RB or OT where money has been invested.  I think that second 1st rounder is where you grab a QB, probably somebody like Eason and just roll with it.  He should probably sit for a bit, but if you can't find a cheap stopgap after moving Carr...whatever happens, happens.  Bound to be a FA bandaid like Teddy or even Mariota who could start for a while until the guy matures and learns though.  You move Carr...it becomes an interesting audition spot for the year.

If you've got extra picks and add more extra picks by moving Carr...eventually you're going to have enough talent to build something meaningful.  Gotta be a long-term thing really.  Draft and develop.  Tons of picks at the top end to work with.

Now somebody figure out how to fix the Jaguars mess.

Edited by Tugboat

12 hours ago, Hukos said:

As a Falcons fan, Sanu struggling confuses me. He was always solid - even if unspectacular, for us. I know Julio being the freak that he is opened things up a lot for Sanu, but the way he's struggling is weird to me. All I can assume is that the offensive systems the Falcons have used is just really foreign to what the Patriots run up in New England and Sanu's having a hard time learning it.

I gotta tell ya, Hukos, I always liked Sanu. He came to us and in his 1st game got two for two in receptions. Not bad, feeling it out.

His 2nd game was v. Ravens. he caught TEN. And I said, here we go, Sanu is already hand-in-glove with Brady. Then Sanu got a high ankle sprain in that ravens game, and he was never effective after that. He may be a darn good receiver but it won't help us this year.