BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

15 minutes ago, rackcs said:

6. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida - It's a little early for Pitts but other guys available right now don't really fit Antarctica's needs. I've noticed that Pickle likes Counselor's mocks where he gets Pitts so I'll give him Pitts too so I can get a like. @Pickle Rick

I gave him the like for the work not the pick.  @The Orca is the one who likes Pitts lol. 

Just now, rackcs said:

Damn I thought I was gonna have an easy mock choice from here to the draft where I could just give you Pitts every time.

Just don't slot him for us until I tie Pickle up in the basement, Pickle isn't impressed with star players lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Mock Draft 4.0
Honestly got a little tired of doing the explanations partway through the second round so I just gave up on that but I will explain my reasoning for any pick if you ask.

Round 1
1. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Portland): Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson - Seems like an obvious pick. Whether Counselor trades the pick, trades Burrow, or keeps both QBs, Lawrence will 100% be the first overall pick.

2. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Hungary): Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State - Roethlisberger is doing the job right now but Williamsport doesn't have a long term option on the roster unless you still think Darnold can be that guy. I have my doubts and WSR is in a perfect position here to pick up a very talented QB to be the future of the franchise.

3. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Oklahoma City): Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon - Williamsport has some solid/decent OT guys like Dawkins and Jackson but neither I think are good enough to stop you from taking Sewell. Plus Dawkins is a FA. WSR can take Sewell and not have to pay Dawkins. Then as long as Jackson keeps playing like he was before being injured, you've got a very nice young OT duo.

4. Sacramento Sasquatch: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State - SacTown is upset Sewell didn't get to them but still lands an elite defensive playmaker here in Parsons. He and Murray should form a great young LB group that Sacramento will enjoy for years to come.

5. Seoul Dragons: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU - The fact that Seoul keeps switching QBs makes me feel like they don't view either as the answer at QB. They grab this season's QB riser in Wilson to hopefully be that guy.

6. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida - It's a little early for Pitts but other guys available right now don't really fit Antarctica's needs. I've noticed that Pickle likes Counselor's mocks where he gets Pitts so I'll give him Pitts too so I can get a like. @Pickle Rick

7. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Camden): Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU - I considered going with Chase at 4 so Sacramento is happy to still get him here. He provides a dynamic #1 WR for the offense.

8. Rome Eternals: Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan - Only one Rome EDGE player is under contract for next season and they desperately needed pass rush help anyways. Enter Kwity Paye with his relentless motor and explosive athleticism.

9. Sacramento Sasquatch (via New Orleans): Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State - There were a couple of directions I thought about going with here but felt that Wyatt Davis would be a great addition to that young OL. He should be able to slot in as a starter right away and hold down the fort for a long time.

10. Cuba Smugglers: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama - Cuba's secondary is a little bit sus so they add one of, if not the, top CBs in the class.

11. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame - This is a slight reach but IC's needs just really did not fit the players available. Eichenberg is still a good player though and could fill a huge need for them with Trent Williams being a FA. 

12. Camden Hood Rats (via Lancaster): Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech - Another Atlantic division member with some CB problems and he gets the other top CB in the class. They're both very close but I personally like Farley better.

13. Singapore Sentinels: Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah, LB, Notre Dame - Singapore has Deion Jones but that is literally it. I think SirA will like JOK's versatility and athleticism.

14. Gotham Gashslayers: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State - Gotham has no long term option at QB. With so few holes on their roster they can afford to take Lance here, who will likely go higher in the real draft. He can keep competing with FA/Shark Tank QBs for a year or two while Lance develops.

15. Williamsport Soul Reavers: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama - WSR has made moves to upgrade the WR position but needs more help. DeVonta Smith comes in and can do a little bit of everything for the Soul Reavers.

16. Seoul Dragons (via Berlin): Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami - Seoul gets some good value here even though I think ultimately this is Rousseau's range. This has become a huge boom or bust draft for Seoul now with Wilson and Rousseau.

Round 2
1. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Portland): Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina - Sacramento has some good young CBs but could use a more immediate starter in case those guys don't develop. Horn is exactly the kind of defender Counselor likes, a straight up bully who will get physical with opposing WRs.

2. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (via Hungary): Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama - Not really a huge need for IC right now but this is a pick with an eye to the future. Robbie Anderson is only on a 2 year deal so you take Waddle to be depth for your first year and then he can take over as your speed threat when Anderson walks.

3. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (via Oklahoma City): Jordan Davis, INT, Georgia - Again, a little bit early for Davis here but IC is a little weak on the inside already and has some FAs coming up as well.

4. Sacramento Sasquatch: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech - Another guy I know Counselor likes. Darrisaw can be a swing tackle or a potential starter down the line.

5. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Seoul): Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami - Sacramento lacks pass rush with Chaisson not being an immediate contributor. He adds Roche here to hopefully bring the heat to opposing QBs.

6. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas - Antarctica desperately needs OL help and needs to address it with multiple picks ideally. They start here with Cosmi.

7. Rome Eternals (via Camden): Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State - Rome only has two CBs under contract for next season so they take Wade here who can play inside and outside.

8. Rome Eternals: Jay Tufele, INT, USC - INT is not necessarily Rome's biggest need but with the FAs he has, he's going to likely need a new starter and some depth.

9. Camden Hood Rats (via New Orleans): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma - Camden has no center under contract for next season so they add the best on in the draft here.

10. New Orleans Jazz (via Cuba): Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama - Moses can be a good complement to AJ Johnson for New Orleans and replaces their many FAs at the position this offseason.

11. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Jevon Holland, S, Oregon - This feels like a great fit to me. Holland can come in and play multiple roles for IC.

12. Camden Hood Rats (via Lancaster): Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota - While Bateman is no replacement for Hopkins, he can still fill a role in this offense.

13. Singapore Sentinels: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia - Singapore could use help at this position. While Campbell may not be an immediate starter, he's got all of the tools to potentially be elite down the road.

14. Gotham Gashslayers: Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas - Gotham only has two EDGE players under contract for next season. One of those is Clowney but Ossai could fill in nicely across from him with his versatility.

15. Williamsport Soul Reavers: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia - Williamsport takes the super athletic pass rusher to play across from Burns.

16. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson - This is a popular mock pick for Berlin but it just makes sense. Aaron Jones is a potential FA but Berlin needs help even if he's re-signed.

Round 3
1. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts (via Portland): Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC
2. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts (via Hungary): Marvin Wilson, INT, Florida State
3. Oklahoma City EF5s: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
4. Gotham Gashslayers (via Sacramento): Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
5. Seoul Dragons: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
6. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
7. Gotham Gashslayers (via Camden): Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
8. Rome Eternals: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
9. New Orleans Jazz: Jaylen Twyman, INT, Pittsburgh
10. Seoul Dragons (via Cuba): Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
11. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
12. Sacramento Sasquatch (via Lancaster): Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
13. Oklahoma City EF5s (via Singapore): Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
14. Gotham Gashslayers: Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
15. Portland Horned Owls (via Williamsport): Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
16. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson

Round 4
1. Seoul Dragons (via Portland): Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
2. Portland Horned Owls (via Hungary): Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
3. Hungary Hippos (via Oklahoma City): Alex Leatherwood, OG, Alabama
4. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Sacramento): Hamilcar Rashed Jr., EDGE, Oregon State
5. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Seoul): Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
6. Antarctica Katabatic Beasts: Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
7. Camden Hood Rats: Christian Barmore, INT, Alabama
8. Rome Eternals: Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan
9. Camden Hood Rats (via New Orleans): Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
10. Cuba Smugglers: Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest
11. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
12. Williamsport Soul Reavers (via Lancaster): Darius Stills, INT, West Virginia
13. Singapore Sentinels: Patrick Jones II, EDGE, Pittsburgh
14. Singapore Sentinels (via Gotham): Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
15. Oklahoma City EF5s (via Williamsport): Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
16. Cuba Smugglers (via Berlin): Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

Thank you sir. You have made my week much better.