BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Georgia did well with Stafford and i see similarities there.

They're really not similar at all as prospects

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Oregon QBs rarely translate well to the NFL

Herbert could very well fail at the NFL level but him having played at Oregon will have absolutely nothing to do with it.

59 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Today, I’d highly likely go Herbert over Fromm.

Easily. Herbert has the tools to be elite, Fromm will never be more than a high end backup/spot starter. I see his career ceiling being like Ryan Fitzpatrick where he can play well at times but will never be the guy. Which is great, theres nothing wrong with being that guy but theres still only so much you can do with it.

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Easily. Herbert has the tools to be elite, Fromm will never be more than a high end backup/spot starter. I see his career ceiling being like Ryan Fitzpatrick where he can play well at times but will never be the guy. Which is great, theres nothing wrong with being that guy but theres still only so much you can do with it.

I really want to like Fromm. But you see the arm strength, and the struggles to get the ball downfield accurately, and...well. I'd say he's more like Matt Ryan with a lower ceiling.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I really want to like Fromm. But you see the arm strength, and the struggles to get the ball downfield accurately, and...well. I'd say he's more like Matt Ryan with a lower ceiling.

I wasn't comparing him to Fitz in terms of play style, more so the type of career I expect him to have. I get the Ryan one. 

23 hours ago, Jlash said:

What do you think?

A 40' high cube (just under 10ft tall) that's 8' wide is around 3k. You throw 4 or 5 of those bad boys together and you can a pretty cool structure.

Finding suitable land would be a pain in the east valley where I live. Not to mention probably not the best plan for summers in Arizona.

• Like 2

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Finding suitable land would be a pain in the east valley where I live. Not to mention probably not the best plan for summers in Arizona.

....you insulate and HVAC them like any other structure homie. 

• Like 1

@SirA1 I need you to verify something.  Let's say I decide I want Godwin back, so I make an RFA offer on him and he was tendered in the first round.  Being as 14th overall is my original pick, and I don't fit either of the two exceptions below, if the offer to Godwin wasn't matched, I would give up 1.14 for Godwin and keep 1.9.  Correct?

"Note: A team must have at least a current year 1st round draft pick in order to bid on a player tendered that amount. If not then that team’s bid is invalid. 
A team will always give up their original draft pick for a player with the following exceptions.

If a team doesn’t have a pick in the round a player was tendered they give up their next highest draft pick available to the other team. (ex. Don’t have a 3rd. You would give up your lowest 2nd rounder instead.)

If a team does have another draft pick other than their original in a round that they bid on, they give up their highest draft pick available in that round. (ex. Don’t have your 3rd but have two other 3rd’s from trades give up the highest 3rd rounder available.)"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

@SirA1 I need you to verify something.  Let's say I decide I want Godwin back, so I make an RFA offer on him and he was tendered in the first round.  Being as 14th overall is my original pick, and I don't fit either of the two exceptions below, if the offer to Godwin wasn't matched, I would give up 1.14 for Godwin and keep 1.9.  Correct?

"Note: A team must have at least a current year 1st round draft pick in order to bid on a player tendered that amount. If not then that team’s bid is invalid. 
A team will always give up their original draft pick for a player with the following exceptions.

If a team doesn’t have a pick in the round a player was tendered they give up their next highest draft pick available to the other team. (ex. Don’t have a 3rd. You would give up your lowest 2nd rounder instead.)

If a team does have another draft pick other than their original in a round that they bid on, they give up their highest draft pick available in that round. (ex. Don’t have your 3rd but have two other 3rd’s from trades give up the highest 3rd rounder available.)"

The way I read it is that your original pick is the one you give up and only if you don't have your original pick would you give a different one. So if you had 13 as your original pick and 9 as an extra, I think you would give up 13.