BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

The way I read it is that your original pick is the one you give up and only if you don't have your original pick would you give a different one. So if you had 13 as your original pick and 9 as an extra, I think you would give up 13.

That keeps me out of the first round RFA game or I’d have to give up pick 1

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The way I read it is that your original pick is the one you give up and only if you don't have your original pick would you give a different one. So if you had 13 as your original pick and 9 as an extra, I think you would give up 13.

That's how I read it.  The exceptions only come into play IF you don't have your original pick in that round.

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

I think since all your picks are other people's picks your later picks in that round are the ones to go. @SirA1 always had a great handle on this stuff.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

@SirA1 I need you to verify something.  Let's say I decide I want Godwin back, so I make an RFA offer on him and he was tendered in the first round.  Being as 14th overall is my original pick, and I don't fit either of the two exceptions below, if the offer to Godwin wasn't matched, I would give up 1.14 for Godwin and keep 1.9.  Correct?

"Note: A team must have at least a current year 1st round draft pick in order to bid on a player tendered that amount. If not then that team’s bid is invalid. 
A team will always give up their original draft pick for a player with the following exceptions.

If a team doesn’t have a pick in the round a player was tendered they give up their next highest draft pick available to the other team. (ex. Don’t have a 3rd. You would give up your lowest 2nd rounder instead.)

If a team does have another draft pick other than their original in a round that they bid on, they give up their highest draft pick available in that round. (ex. Don’t have your 3rd but have two other 3rd’s from trades give up the highest 3rd rounder available.)"

8 hours ago, rackcs said:

This is correct. Since you own your original 1st round pick it would be 14th overall that you would surrender.

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

This is correct. Since you don't own your original pick anymore you give up your highest (earliest) pick in that round.

52 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think since all your picks are other people's picks your later picks in that round are the ones to go. @SirA1 always had a great handle on this stuff.

It's the Highest pick in the round. It's done that way to prevent people from trading back to the end of the round since they are giving up the pick anyway and getting additional value off of it.

If you have multiple picks in a round it doesn't pay to do that anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Fromm likely won't be good but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like he's got some drew Brees to his game.  You guys actually talked about a player I've noticed.  Exciting 

I think he can be a solid starter. 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Fromm likely won't be good but I'll be damned if it doesn't look like he's got some drew Brees to his game.  You guys actually talked about a player I've noticed.  Exciting 

He’s going to be better than people think in the right system. And this is coming from a diehard UGA fan who is very critical on UGA prospects 

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

He’s going to be better than people think in the right system. And this is coming from a diehard UGA fan who is very critical on UGA prospects 

He's truly one of those guys who has to go to the right team.  If the saints take him. Watch out 

• Like 1