BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As for me taking shots at ppl about making up rules as you go along.

Might I suggest someone look through the rules and add or redefine some detail on some of the rules to leave for less of an interpretation?

Trade committee and Retirement rules would be a good place to start. Especially retirement. They're kind of contradictory and confusing.

I apologize I know I can be over the top and overbearing. I dont mean to be offensive and abrasive so I'll also try to be more word conscious 

It's quite simple. They are rules established in the guidelines. If a rule need changing, there are owners' meeting to do that. If a rule is not established and we need to decide on the fly, there is a ruling committee of Jlash,bcb and I with Pheltz and Rags as backups I believe to do that. The principle of a ruling committee and the members of it were approved in an owners' meeting.

If you want to review those things in next owners' meeting you can definitely submit a proposal.

Retirement rules are the worst and definitely need to be re-defined in next owners' meeting.

@Counselor offered a while back to be kind of a guidelines master, keeping up with the rules and so - same way we have workbook masters for rosters. It's something else we can discuss and approve in an owners' meeting

Just now, TedLavie said:

It's quite simple. They are rules established in the guidelines. If a rule need changing, there are owners' meeting to do that. If a rule is not established and we need to decide on the fly, there is a ruling committee of Jlash,bcb and I with Pheltz and Rags as backups I believe to do that. The principle of a ruling committee and the members of it were approved in an owners' meeting.

If you want to review those things in next owners' meeting you can definitely submit a proposal.

Retirement rules are the worst and definitely need to be re-defined in next owners' meeting.

@Counselor offered a while back to be kind of a guidelines master, keeping up with the rules and so - same way we have workbook masters for rosters. It's something else we can discuss and approve in an owners' meeting

If you don't have a problem with it. I'll write up some 'thoughts' after reading through the rules again and pm them to you and you can decide what to do with those.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@Jlash in the interest of transparency I'm gonna say this out in the open. I am not trying to make enemies of you or anyone else. I think we can all be a bit abrasive at times, me more than most. So moving forward I will work on my people skills. I apologize for any attacks directed at others.

All good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I did!?

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

So if a drafted rookie misses his rookie year with injury before the season starts he is a RFA after three years?

Same rules than IRL. I was very surprised about that too but spotrac is our contract Bible and shows that indeed Smith is a RFA. I find that weird af. 

Just now, TedLavie said:

Same rules than IRL. I was very surprised about that too but spotrac is our contract Bible and shows that indeed Smith is a RFA. I find that weird af. 

He’s not a RFA as he signed a long term deal that’s why Spotrac states that he would be a RFA in 2020 because they scratched his 2019 as part of the extension. He was on a standard rookie contract from the moment he signed his rookie deal after being drafted in the second round by the cowboys.

Just now, Counselor said:

He’s not a RFA as he signed a long term deal that’s why Spotrac states that he would be a RFA in 2020 because they scratched his 2019 as part of the extension. He was on a standard rookie contract from the moment he signed his rookie deal after being drafted in the second round by the cowboys.

Yea if his current newer contract precludes him from RFA that's fine.

• Like 2