BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Swole why do you want to trade Mahomes so badly?

He shouldve just done the Jackson trade with Camden. The only way it ruins the league is if ppl really base their votes off of singular players. I'm gonna reserve my thoughts on the latest trade lol but hey, have at it.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Swole why do you want to trade Mahomes so badly?

Minimal investment in him (capital and emotional) and I'd rather try and turn him into a few high profile pieces.

if I landed Jackson I wouldn't have then traded Jackson.

I will try to do weekly trade grades as the season goes along. Here's the first one

Camden trades: Lamar Jackson - A

Portland trades: Patrick Mahomes - C-

BDL 2020 - F

I beleive Mahomes will have the better career. I think he's the better player, less scheme specific and he has less injury concerns long term than Lamar. But Lamar will be the NFL MVP and it's not like Camden traded Ryan Tannehill for him. I think an additional 3rd or 2nd rounder would have made it a fair deal, and the fact that the trade was aborted because of the backlash it caused isn't a good thing for BDL. On the old forum, we would PM the trade committee with the trade and would officialize it once it got approved so that other owners wouldn't have a say in the trade. It's not possible to PM multiple people here, but it's the trade committee, and only them, who should approve or not deals.

WSR trades: John Brown - B+

NOLA trades: 2020 6th + 2021 5th - B-

WSR sells an expiring contract as it keeps on building for the future, which is smart. The price paid was more than fair, I just don't understand why NO had to commit 4,5K for a receiver with Moore, Samuel, Lockett and presumably Thomas on roster for 2020 but that's Lukic choice. Decent deal on both sides, with a little edge to WSR.

WSR trades: James White - C

Anchorage trades: Nelson Agholor + Jordan Whitehead - A

Not in love with this trade for WSR. James White is a piece you can use in a BDL squad with his pass catching ability. I get selling him, but I don't like the return Ww got. I don't think Agholor and Whitehead are more than replacement level players for WSR. Ww must bank on Agholor bouncing back and actually improving next year. As for Anchorage, they add a complementary back for Ingram which is smart.

WSR trades: Randall Cobb - B+

Portland trades: 2021 6th - B+

Good trade on both sides. WSR gets a pick for an expiring, Portland gets a good slot receiver at a decent price.

WSR trades: Golden Tate - A

OKC trades: 2021 6th - B

Tate had a big 3 years deal, is 31 and hasn't been healthy for the past 3 years. Good on WSR to get a return on him and not use a 3d. As for Whicker, I doubt Tate will prove to be worth what he's paid, but it's a low risk move and if he can have a good run during the playoffs next year, that's good enough to justify spending a 6th rounder and a possible 3d next year.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I will try to do weekly trade grades as the season goes along. Here's the first one

WSR sells an expiring contract as it keeps on building for the future, which is smart. The price paid was more than fair, I just don't understand why NO had to commit 4,5K for a receiver with Moore, Samuel, Lockett and presumably Thomas on roster for 2020 but that's Lukic choice. Decent deal on both sides, with a little edge to WSR.

Enjoyed these.

I also do agree, the contract is a bit expensive, but Lockett was my only true deep threat (assuming Campbell doesn't randomly break out) so I needed someone behind him. Brown's one of the better field stretchers so why not. 

Hungary Hippos

@PR

Team Needs: OG, WR, TE, QB, OT
Biggest Strength: S
Biggest Weakness: OG
Record Prediction: 7-5

Hungary is actually a team that was kind of hard for me to Profile. First of all, their team needs; they have just one guard, they dont really have a standout WR, Olsen may be thinking about retirement, there are some availability questions at OT and Goff is so back and forth that idk how much faith PR has in him. I like the two starting safeties theyve got. While they might lack depth at that position the starting roles are on lock down.

So, overall here is what was hard about this for me. When you look at Hungarys roster is decent enough, but nothing stands out and says "damn, that's good, that's real good". I feel like they're good enough to squeak into the playoffs again, but right now I dont think theyd make much noise. Itll be interesting to see what, if any changes PR makes moving forward, he's a smart GM with a knack for running this team, so I have no doubt theyll be just fine. But right now, I'd label them as 'middle of the pack'

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

@RuskieTitan

Team Needs: Sx QB, TE, LB, CB, WR
Biggest Strength: INT
Biggest Weakness: S
Record Prediction: 5-7

So look, theres not much this team doesnt need right now. But for what it does have, it has really good players. Theyve got 2 really good DTs but literally no safety depth. While Jones is fine at QB, if he goes down...well yeah.. but that can be said about any team. After Safety I didnt list their needs in any particular order because they've got decent players all around and in some cases very good players. You might ask, why WR they got 4 good ones. They do, but I have concerns about DJ and AJ being able to stay on the field.

I think Ivory Coast is creative enough with writeups to claw out some upsets. But they have a lot work to do moving forward.

• Like 1

Lancaster Werewolves

@rackcs

Team Needs: TE, EDGE, LB CB, S, WR, C, G
Biggest Strength: RB
Biggest Weakness: TE
Record Prediction: 8-4

Alright, after LB on team needs it's about depth. TE theyve got one and not one that really stands out. Edge, kind of the same thing as well as LB, it's just not enough skill and success at those positions.

Kamara and Sanders make for a nice 1-2 punch.

This is a team that is really close. It just missed the playoffs this last season and the wheels are clearly turning inside of mind of rackcs. I have a good feeling about Lancaster in 2020. 8-4, imo, is their floor.