BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1.1  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Joe Burrow QB LSU 

Grade: N/A

This was an obvious pick from day 1. No point grading it. 

1.2  - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Chase Young, Defensive End, Ohio State University

Grade: B+

Don't get me wrong, this was the best pick available. It's just tough to give it an 'A' because of Ivory Coast already having Garrett and Mack. Too many great pass-rushers is never an issue but there is a lot of capital tied up on 3 players who can't be on the field together for the majority of snaps.

1.3  - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

Grade: F

I'm bearish about Jackson's long-term prospects, but if you're going to give up Wilson for him you need to be building around him and committing to him on such a cheap contract. I can't really see Tua being better than Jackson in the next 2 years so you're paying both a premium pick and premium money for a back-up QB. I know there's the upside that Tua could become one of the best QBs in the league but you've already got one in Jackson. Even if Tua becomes one of the best QBs in the league this will still be a regrettable pick. 

1.4  - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Grade: B

This is a better pick. Much like pass-rushers, you can never have too many talented defensive backs and Okudah is a good one. He probably should've gone number 3...

1.5 - Seoul Dragons - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

Grade: C+

I really love Simmons but I don't value LB that highly and I do fear that he might be used as a jack of all trades IRL, which makes him a player that is more valuable IRL than in the BDL. The other issue I have is that Seoul absolutely needs help at WR and all 3 were still on board. Realistically there was very little chance of all 3 sliding more after this pick (and they didn't).

1.6  -  Hawaii Nightmarchers - Ceedee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 

Great player, fits a need and the value is right. A poor start for Hawaii but they've redeemed it with 2 good picks since.

1.7  - Gotham Gashslayers - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Bama

Grade: B-

I don't think there's anything really wrong with this pick given Jeudy should be a fine WR and an almost immediate upgrade on Jarvis Landry, but I do feel there were better players and bigger needs available. 

1.8  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama 

Grade: A

This is a great pick. He's my WR2 so getting him as the 3rd WR off the board is good value and Ruggs brings a unique playmaking ability that you get with very few other players. Throw in the fact he fits a need and Counselor has nailed it. 

1.9  - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

Grade: A+

I've been enamored with Derrick Brown for a while and I think he's a beast. I've put it on record I was going to take him at no.4 overall last year if he declared. To get him at 9 is a steal and to fill a need in the process makes it even better. Great work Rags in staying patient and getting the best available. 

1.10 - Seoul Dragons - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Grade: C-

I probably value OL more than others in the BDL so I can't really hate on someone trying to build the best line possible, but with Stanley locking down LT for the future, Thomas has been picked to play RT. I like the prospect but I do think it is a bit much to give up for an RT and I still stand by the fact that RT's IRL should be playing RT in the BDL. Throw in the trade up to get to this spot and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about this. 

1.11 - Sacramento Sasquatch  - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Good prospect, good value and fits a need. Very nice drafting so far from Counselor. 

1.12  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

I like that Wills can end up playing either LT or RT but I don't think this was the pick here for Sacramento given Armstead and Collins are locking down the tackle spots and are two of the best in the league. Again the strategy of drafting now and worrying about dealing with players at the position later isn't a bad one, but I just think there were better uses of capital available. 

1.13  - Cuba Smugglers  - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

While I would think this is early in a conventional draft, the value isn't too bad here for a WR given the premium we place on playmakers. With that said, I do feel there was at least one better pick available for Cuba from both a BPA perspective and need perspective. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

1.1  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Joe Burrow QB LSU 

Grade: N/A

This was an obvious pick from day 1. No point grading it. 

1.2  - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Chase Young, Defensive End, Ohio State University

Don't get me wrong, this was the best pick available. It's just tough to give it an 'A' because of Ivory Coast already having Garrett and Mack. Too many great pass-rushers is never an issue but there is a lot of capital tied up on 3 players who can't be on the field together for the majority of snaps.

1.3  - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

Grade: F

I'm bearish about Jackson's long-term prospects, but if you're going to give up Wilson for him you need to be building around him and committing to him on such a cheap contract. I can't really see Tua being better than Jackson in the next 2 years so you're paying both a premium pick and premium money for a back-up QB. I know there's the upside that Tua could become one of the best QBs in the league but you've already got one in Jackson. Even if Tua becomes one of the best QBs in the league this will still be a regrettable pick. 

1.4  - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Grade: B

This is a better pick. Much like pass-rushers, you can never have too many talented defensive backs and Okudah is a good one. He probably should've gone number 3...

1.5 - Seoul Dragons - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

I really love Simmons but I don't value LB that highly and I do fear that he might be used as a jack of all trades IRL, which makes him a player that is more valuable IRL than in the BDL. The other issue I have is that Seoul absolutely needs help at WR and all 3 were still on board. Realistically there was very little chance of all 3 sliding more after this pick (and they didn't).

1.6  -  Hawaii Nightmarchers - Ceedee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 

Great player, fits a need and the value is right. A poor start for Hawaii but they've redeemed it with 2 good picks since.

1.7  - Gotham Gashslayers - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Bama

Grade: B-

I don't think there's anything really wrong with this pick given Jeudy should be a fine WR and an almost immediate upgrade on Jarvis Landry, but I do feel there were better players and bigger needs available. 

1.8  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama 

Grade: A

This is a great pick. He's my WR2 so getting him as the 3rd WR off the board is good value and Ruggs brings a unique playmaking ability that you get with very few other players. Throw in the fact he fits a need and Counselor has nailed it. 

1.9  - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

Grade: A+

I've been enamored with Derrick Brown for a while and I think he's a beast. I've put it on record I was going to take him at no.4 overall last year if he declared. To get him at 9 is a steal and to fill a need in the process makes it even better. Great work Rags in staying patient and getting the best available. 

1.10 - Seoul Dragons - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Grade: C-

I probably value OL more than others in the BDL so I can't really hate on someone trying to build the best line possible, but with Stanley locking down LT for the future, Thomas has been picked to play RT. I like the prospect but I do think it is a bit much to give up for an RT and I still stand by the fact that RT's IRL should be playing RT in the BDL. Throw in the trade up to get to this spot and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about this. 

1.11 - Sacramento Sasquatch  - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Good prospect, good value and fits a need. Very nice drafting so far from Counselor. 

1.12  - Sacramento Sasquatch  - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

I like that Wills can end up playing either LT or RT but I don't think this was the pick here for Sacramento given Armstead and Collins are locking down the tackle spots and are two of the best in the league. Again the strategy of drafting now and worrying about dealing with players at the position later isn't a bad one, but I just think there were better uses of capital available. 

1.13  - Cuba Smugglers  - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

While I would think this is early in a conventional draft, the value isn't too bad here for a WR given the premium we place on playmakers. With that said, I do feel there was at least one better pick available for Cuba from both a BPA perspective and need perspective. 

There is strategy with the Tua pick. Long term possible strategic pick that fit a plan we have 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

There is strategy with the Tua pick. Long term possible strategic pick that fit a plan we have 

It's like people think having a stud backup is bad when you have a mobile QB getting hit every play.  As well as discounting the fact that he could be trade bait or an investment in a long term plan xD

Dude was a lock at number 1 overall, nothing has changed from out scouting and personal opinions lol

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

Now Rags took my #9 player. Another reason I won't follow through in this league. Now he's just taking my players. Negating my trades. Pulling off his own trades. Taking my players. 

No reason he should’ve fallen that far at all.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

It's like people think having a stud backup is bad when you have a mobile QB getting hit every play.  As well as discounting the fact that he could be trade bait or an investment in a long term plan xD

Dude was a lock at number 1 overall, nothing has changed from out scouting and personal opinions lol

We already loaded everywhere, just need some depth pieces 

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I liked the pick. 

• Like 1