BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Dwayne Haskins is one of the worst starters in the league, so yes, it would be about the worst destination he could go to.

You mean Kyle Allen?

Edited by SirA1

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB - LSU -- Consensus best QB and obvious pick for the Bengals

2. Washington Redskins - Chase Young, EDGE - Ohio St. -- Consensus best defensive player for a team that can build around him.

3. Miami Dolphins* - Tua Tagovailoa, QB - Alabama -- The Dolphins move up to guarantee they get their guy.  Injury risks are real, but so is the potential.  I don’t think they covet Tannehill v2.0 in Herbert.

4. New York Giants - Tristan Wirfs, OT - Iowa -- The G Men need to protect Jones better, so they take their top T.  Here I have it as Wirfs, but could easily be Thomas, Becton or Wills.

5. Detroit Lions* - Jeffrey Okudah, CB - Ohio St. -- They pressured the Fins into trading up, still get their guy and add another premium pick at the top of Round 2

6. Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert, QB -- Safe pick and they don’t need to rush him as Tyrod can start the season and yield to Herbert later in the year.

7. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Brown, DT - Auburn -- Didn’t seem that long ago that Carolina’s D Line was overflowing with talent.  Adding Brown here gives them a potentially dominating interior presence.

8. Arizona Cardinals - Isaiah Simmons, LB/S - Clemson -- Simmons is #2 on my Big Board and the Cardinals will gladly take him here at 8 to use as a chess piece to counter the impressive offenses of the NFCW.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Andrew Thomas, OT - Georgia  --  The Jags wouldn’t mind trading back from this spot, but can’t find a partner in the next few picks, so they go BPA and select Thomas to protect whoever will be their QB for the foreseeable future.

10. Denver Broncos** - Cee Dee Lamb, WR - Oklahoma  --  Elway jumps 3 WR hungry teams and grabs Lamb to pair with Sutton for the developing Drew Lock.

11. New York Jets - Jedrick WIlls, OT - Alabama  --  The Jets desperately need help all over their offense and give Wills the opportunity to upgrade either LT or RT out of the gate.

12. Las Vegas Raiders - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Alabama  --  Who knows who Mayock and Gruden like, but the value fits need and they should be thrilled adding Jeudy.

13. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) - Henry Ruggs III, WR - Alalbama  --  John Lynch has done a great job overhauling San Fran’s roster and adds the shiny rims.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CJ Henderson, CB - Florida -- Tompa Bray has an insta offense, but they need to protect those leads late.  Henderson can help in that department.

15. Jacksonville Jaguars **/++ - Javon Kinlaw, DT - South Carolina  --  The Browns find another willing trade partner and the Jags scoop up the talented, falling Kinlaw.

16. Atlanta Falcons - AJ Terrell, CB - Clemson  --  The Falcons apparently want to desperately trade up for someone, but here they take Terrell to bolster their secondary.

17. Dallas Cowboys - K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE - LSU  --  A popular mock pick to the ‘Boys, but it does make a ton of sense.

18. Miami Dolphins (from Pittsburgh) - Mekhi Becton, OT - Louisville  --  Protecting Tua from D Lineman will be paramount at the next level, Dolphins are psyched Becton fell this far.

19. Las Vegas Raiders (from Chicago) - Kristian Fulton, CB - More draft capital committed to bolstering a developing Raider secondary

20. Cleveland Browns (from LAR) **/++ - Patrick Queen, LB - LSU  --  All this trading back for Patrick Queen?!?!?  What’s more Cleveland than that?  

21. Philadelphia Eagles - -Justin Jefferson, WR - LSU  --  Another popular NFCE pick that makes too much sense, prob won’t happen.

22. Minnesota (from Buffalo) - Xavier McKinney, S - Alabama  --  Nice value getting the best safety in this class at 22.  Dangerous middle of the field for opposing QBs paired with Harrison Smith.

23. New England Patriots - Jordan Love, QB - Utah St  --  Bored with winning every year with GOAT Brady, BB maps out his next 2 decades of dominance starting with Love.

24. New Orleans Saints - Tee Higgins, WR - Clemson  --  Brees won’t last much longer.  Giving him another weapon gives this offense a chance to be nuclear.

25. Minnesota Vikings - Yetor Gross-Matos, EDGE - Penn St  --  Vikings continue to address defense, adding YGM will bolster their D Line depth with a chance at immediate impact.

26. Miami Dolphins (from Houston) - Cesar Ruiz, C - Michigan  --  MUST.  PROTECT.  TUA.  If Tua can’t protect himself, that’s on him.  If the Dolphins draft him and put swiss cheese in front of him, that’s on them.

27. Seattle Seahawks - Josh Jones, OT - Houston  --  Yeah, who the eff knows.

28. Baltimore Ravens - Zach Baun, EDGE/LB - Wisconsin  --  Good fit on a defense where he can be utilized in multiple roles.

29. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Aiyuk, WR - Arizona St  --  We’ll see if old school pound the rock still works, but they need to diversify their offense.

30. Green Bay Packers - AJ Epenesa, DL - Iowa  --  Green Bay needs help on their DLine and Epenesa is a good fit and nice value here.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Kenneth Murray, LB - Oklahoma  --  Board falls nicely for the Niners and they grab a useful and talented player late in the first.

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Trevon Diggs, CB - Alabama  --  Chiefs could use some help at CB and Diggs has as good a shot as any CB in the first round to make a difference, especially with Andy Reid as his HC.

*Miami trades pick 5 and 39 to Detroit for pick 3

**Denver trades 15 and 46 for 10

++Jacksonville trade 20 and 73 for 15

• Like 6

You think Green Bay is gonna pack 25 pounds on Epenesa to play him at DT? May as well just draft Madubuike or Gallimore if that's the plan.

I think the Packers trade up for somebody anyways, so moot point.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

You think Green Bay is gonna pack 25 pounds on Epenesa to play him at DT? May as well just draft Madubuike or Gallimore if that's the plan.

I think the Packers trade up for somebody anyways, so moot point.

Considering Espenesa is a 4-3 DE that would be straight stupid. How better to make him even less athletic than to get him fatter 

54 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I think both QBs after Burrow fall out of top 10. This draft is not going to be what the talking heads think it will be.

I still think Burrow and Tua will both go top 10.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a hypothetical question. Let's say I double down someone and then after the season decide I want to 3 up them.

Am I limited to the contract length or can I give them a multiple year contract based on their rl salary regardless of their rl contract length?

You are limited to contract length