BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Read an article today that Knox trained with Kittle in the offseason and that is who he tries to emulate his game after. I saw similarities between Knox and Kittle. Not saying he will become him but it’s nice to see that your eye for evaluating and intricacies in player’s games is somewhat backed. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:13 PM, wwhickok said:

Check out this video "Intentional Sounding: Episode 2 Pacific Division Preview" http://www.twitch.tv/bowserkatdad/v/702651998?sr=a&t=24s

You probably missed something about my interior OL. Can't do much better than Rodger Saffold and Brandon Schreff at guard. 

Other than that I agree with your overall assessment. If everything goes right I could be good but that's a lot of ifs

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Read an article today that Knox trained with Kittle in the offseason and that is who he tries to emulate his game after. I saw similarities between Knox and Kittle. Not saying he will become him but it’s nice to see that your eye for evaluating and intricacies in player’s games is somewhat backed. 

You would’ve shredded me and said all type of “you’re such a desperate homer” if I did this with Kyle Van Noy. Or you would’ve said I’m not talking about my best player so yap it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

You would’ve shredded me and said all type of “you’re such a desperate homer” if I did this with Kyle Van Noy. Or you would’ve said I’m not talking about my best player so yap it.

Not at all it’s completely different. I’m talking about my ability to scout. 

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Not at all it’s completely different. I’m talking about my ability to scout. 

I scouted KVN and drafted him in 2014. Saw the progression from being a relative bust to one of the strongest assets of the Patriots.

I know if I even thought of saying he’s doing well I’m an egregious homer who is shamelessly hyping up guys to MVP status.

At least that’s how I feel after you give feedback on my opinion.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I scouted KVN and drafted him in 2014. Saw the progression from being a relative bust to one of the strongest assets of the Patriots.

I know if I even thought of saying he’s doing well I’m an egregious homer who is shamelessly hyping up guys to MVP status.

At least that’s how I feel after you give feedback on my opinion.

Doing well is different than some of the hyping I’ve seen. Kittle has turned into a beast has he not? And I said I see similarities between he and Knox, he himself stated he trained with Kittle and models his game after his in the article I read and I also said I am not saying Knox will become Kittle. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Doing well is different than some of the hyping I’ve seen. Kittle has turned into a beast has he not? And I said I see similarities between he and Knox, he himself stated he trained with Kittle and models his game after his in the article I read and I also said I am not saying Knox will become Kittle. 

The point is we aren’t allowed to say anything positive about our players unless he’s the best in the league.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, wwhickok said:

Check out this video "Intentional Sounding: Episode 2 Pacific Division Preview" http://www.twitch.tv/bowserkatdad/v/702651998?sr=a&t=24s

Agree with a lot of what you said. Matt Ryan I had the money to spend I’m almost capped on my roster limit anyway so why not spend the money? It would just be sitting there. And I’m a covid season I don’t see how bringing it a Vet like him is not worth it. I’ll three down him next year if he doesn’t do much. A year I don’t have a lot of guys to three down. Also you don’t know if you even see a capable RG or RT on my roster? Risner was all Rookie selection and La’el Collins allowed 2 sacks and I know it’s PFF but he was ranked the 5th best tackle last season by them regardless of side. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The point is we aren’t allowed to say anything positive about our players unless he’s the best in the league.

Not even. If I say something even remotely positive about Stephon Gilmore and Michael Thomas, you know, the OPOY and DPOY, I get chided for being a homer.

Then wwhicok comes in with his Mason Rudolph lead team at QB featuring star linemen Tyson Alualu and BJ Finnery and complains about how people are biased against him when he isn't beating teams littered with all-pros.