BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

A rude demand and a term of endearment in the same sentence

At my last job, a coworker and I would jokingly insult each other on regular basis, but as long as we said "playboi" afterward  it was ok. 

"Go f**k yourself, playboi." for example.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Ik ppl were joking but in all seriousness, moving forward when ppl rename their teams, we should encourage them to come up with a unique mascot. Its sort of lame to have multiple teams in the league with team names that are basically the same concept.

Hi

Mock with Trades

1. Sacramento- Joe Burrow QB LSU

I clearly traded up for this reason. I have my worries about the organization he is going to more than his abilities but it was a risk worth the possible reward. Essentially traded Mike Williams, Budda Baker, 1.6, 2019 7th and 2021 7th for Burrow.

2. Antartica (from IC)- Chase Young Edge OSU

IC swaps this pick with Antartica and pick up a little more draft capital and Antartica still gets Chase Young here.

3. IC (from Antartica)- Derrick Brown INT Auburn 

Adding Brown to the interior with Payne and Garrett and Mack outside... frightening.

4. Antartica- Jeff Okudah CB OSU

Antartica adds another OSU player and the consensus top Corner in the draft. Further beefing up their defense with an already explosive offense. 

5.  Seoul- Jerry Jeudy WR Bama

They need a WR badly it’s not secret. Jeudy gives them an explosive playmaker for Kyler to throw to.

6. Rome (from Antartica)- Tua T QB Bama

Rome could likely 3up Brees or go to the shark tank and still hold on hope for Trubisky. But I think they want to jump Berlin here for Tua and they are a team with not a lot of needs. Antartica gains what they gave up to move up for Young and more with this trade down. 

7. Gotham- Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson 

Gotham adds a versatile defensive weapon to their defense here. He is going to make a big difference for this defense.

8. Sacramento- CeeDee Lamb WR OU

Now I have Andrew Thomas higher here but with three similarly graded OT’s on the board and me picking 12th I go for the WR here instead to give Burrow a top target.

9. Berlin- Andrew Thomas OT UGA

Rags gets a top 5 prospect at 9 and he rejoices. Tua is gone and this would be a great piece for his oline for years to come. 

10. Antartica- Tristian Wirfs OT Iowa

Wirfs would give Antartica a beast at Tackle. They have Cam Robinson and Bulaga has one year left on his contract and with the future in mind this would be a great move for this team.

11. OKC- AJ Epenesa Edge Iowa

My hoping one of these three falls to 12 works as OKC takes a player who is powerful and well balanced at rushing the passer and stopping the run. Gives OKC a big boost with the powerful end who reminds me of Cam Jordan coming out of CAL. 

12. Sacramento- Jedrick Wills OT Bama

I have Armstead for two more years and Collins for 3, however I need a third reliable tackle and I think Wills have the versatility to play LT. So adding him here is really boosting my depth and adding to my future plans.

13. Cuba- Grant Delpit S LSU

Delpit could be a heck of a tandem with Derwin and I think he is better than a lot of other guys here do. Played through injury and yes he missed tackles but he was really good in coverage this year and when him at FS and Delpit at SS watch out.

14. Berlin- Xavier McKinney S Bama

Berlin gets a versatile S to pair with Juan Thornhill and that tandem can be just as good as the one that just formed with the pick before this. McKinney is a playmaker and a promising young secondary is brewing in Berlin.

15. Sacramento- K’Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU

I have been high on his potential for a while and I really like what he brings to a defense. I have some of the best ends at stopping the run but they aren’t the most explosive pass rushers that win with speed. Chaisson gives me that. 

16. Cuba- Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 

Big athletic Tackle. Cuba missed out on the top 3 but this player is on a huge rise. Havenstein did not play well this year and Becton has some LT/RT flexibility. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

13. Cuba- Grant Delpit S LSU

Delpit could be a heck of a tandem with Derwin and I think he is better than a lot of other guys here do. Played through injury and yes he missed tackles but he was really good in coverage this year and when him at FS and Delpit at SS watch out.

He’s not falling to 13.