How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dak got a top 5 offer. One he DIDNT deserve. And youre whining its not respectable. Paying a guy who isnt top 10 at the position top 5 money is very respectable. But you seem to think he should get more than Russell Wilson, Ben Roth,  Aaron Rogers when Daks not in their league.

"Oh because Cousins got this" "Oh because Cousins got that" Always flip everything to that. Totally forget that Dak wants 6-7 million more than TOM FREAKIN BRADY and DREW BREES.

How has he not deserved it if that's what the market is? 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins is the Starting QB and people need to accept that. Wish him the best and cheer as he seems to be doing his best instead of all the negativity. Hope that Rivera is willing to build a roster around him on both sides. 

Im going to wish him to do exactly what hes scheduled to do by outlets such as PFT. And thats earn us Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or Mac Jones.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im going to wish him to do exactly what hes scheduled to do by outlets such as PFT. And thats earn us Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or Mac Jones.

Yet you cheered for a 4 year college QB in Cousin's who didn't Win any playoffs games vs a kid who only played 1 year of college football. 

Your just making my staring argument even stronger. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So the market for a qb thats not a top 10 qb is top 2 money? Because hes been offered top 5 money, with bonuses that could bring him up to 3.

Wasn't that the excuse for Cousins? His deal was what the Market delt him. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dak got a top 5 offer. One he DIDNT deserve. And youre whining its not respectable. Paying a guy who isnt top 10 at the position top 5 money is very respectable. But you seem to think he should get more than Russell Wilson, Ben Roth,  Aaron Rogers when Daks not in their league.

"Oh because Cousins got this" "Oh because Cousins got that" Always flip everything to that. Totally forget that Dak wants 6-7 million more than TOM FREAKIN BRADY and DREW BREES.

Dakota getting that kind of money is mind-blowing.  It just goes to show you how important the QB position is.  

Cousins making the free agent market was a generational thing.  Jerry wanting to pay Dakota that kind of money indicates that he doesn't want to see it happen again, because it is rare to get good QB play in the NFL, and sometimes it takes a while to develop the right guy.  

And Dakota knows this.  He knows that Jerry can't let him get to free agency, and he knows if he makes it to free agency, he will cash in more that Cousins did, so he's going to help up Jerry for as much money as he can.  

There are two things that he should consider- Covid and a horrific injury .  Right now it is the best decision to sign that contract right now and don't look back.  Secure the money for your great-grand children.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Wasn't that the excuse for Cousins? His deal was what the Market delt him. 

Like I said. Youre always flipping everything off of Dak and onto Cousins. Thats the only narrative youre providing and its meaningless. Yet you keep repeating it over and over while whining about Dak. WHEN DAKS BEEN OFFERED MORE THAN COUSINS! Yet here you are for the 20th time whining about Cousins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet you cheered for a 4 year college QB in Cousin's who didn't Win any playoffs games vs a kid who only played 1 year of college football. 

Your just making my staring argument even stronger. 

Nope. I did like Haskins. You can go back to my reviews of him during his proday. But because of the nonstop whining youve done in how its not fair that Daks been offered top 5 money. Im going to rag Haskins into the ground all year long. Every missed pass, every INT. Im gonna be bashing and singing those sweet sweet Trevor Lawrence praises.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dakota getting that kind of money is mind-blowing.  It just goes to show you how important the QB position is.  

Cousins making the free agent market was a generational thing.  Jerry wanting to pay Dakota that kind of money indicates that he doesn't want to see it happen again, because it is rare to get good QB play in the NFL, and sometimes it takes a while to develop the right guy.  

And Dakota knows this.  He knows that Jerry can't let him get to free agency, and he knows if he makes it to free agency, he will cash in more that Cousins did, so he's going to help up Jerry for as much money as he can.  

There are two things that he should consider- Covid and a horrific injury .  Right now it is the best decision to sign that contract right now and don't look back.  Secure the money for your great-grand children.  

That's incorrect. We need to know the guaranteed amount and the length of the deal. In 2 years Prescott is guaranteed to make about 70 mill. With that being said his starting price is 35 million per year. You've paid every other position on that team. Now pay the best QB available to you. 

Don't expect Dak to settle if Cousin's didn't. Also remember SM did offer Cousin's a deal early on when he first came in. He wasn't sold on Cousins but was willing to build around him for a particular price. Cousin's believed in himself and got 84 million guaranteed. With Covid going it's best Prescott does the same thing. He's guaranteed 70 million, just 14 million more than Cousins first deal with the Vikings. Not enough for a QB of Prescott achievements. Cousins extension has made his guaranteed money 150 million. Prescott should getting between 215-250 million guaranteed. 

That's the market for a QB. Prescott will get paid wether it be from the Cowboys or someone else. Who are the Cowboys gonna replace Prescott with? Colts will have a spot available next year. They are paying Rivers 25 million. If I'm pushing for a Super Bowl, Jerry Jones I don't mind paying 10-15 more for Prescott if I'm the Colts. 

You might want to check out their draft specials on Youtube. Definitely a team without the Dysfunction that was here in Washington. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like I said. Youre always flipping everything off of Dak and onto Cousins. Thats the only narrative youre providing and its meaningless. Yet you keep repeating it over and over while whining about Dak. WHEN DAKS BEEN OFFERED MORE THAN COUSINS! Yet here you are for the 20th time whining about Cousins.

No I'm providing FACTS on how particular players are paid or OFFERED compared to other's. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nope. I did like Haskins. You can go back to my reviews of him during his proday. But because of the nonstop whining youve done in how its not fair that Daks been offered top 5 money. Im going to rag Haskins into the ground all year long. Every missed pass, every INT. Im gonna be bashing and singing those sweet sweet Trevor Lawrence praises.

And continue to show your true color.

Edited by Skins212689

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

No I'm providing FACTS on how particular players are paid or OFFERED compared to other's. 

No your not. Youre so called "facts" (everyone else sees as bullcrap) have been failing miserably at making it fit your hate peddling agenda.

Daks been offered more than Cousins

Mahomes makes 15 million more than Brady

Russell Wilson makes more than Rogers and Ben

Brissett and Bridgewater make twice as much as SB winning Foles

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Don't expect Dak to settle if Cousin's didn't. Also remember SM did offer Cousin's a deal early on when he first came in. He wasn't sold on Cousins but was willing to build around him for a particular price. Cousin's believed in himself and got 84 million guaranteed. With Covid going it's best Prescott does the same thing. He's guaranteed 70 million, just 14 million more than Cousins first deal with the Vikings. Not enough for a QB of Prescott achievements. Cousins extension has made his guaranteed money 150 million. Prescott should getting between 215-250 million guaranteed. 

Dak played 5 games against teams picking top 4 in the draft. He was SHUTOUT by Indy. Dak had 2 wins over teams with winning records and 1 the defense won because he couldnt score 20. And with the easiest schedule, he took the best surrounding team a qb could ask for and won 8 games.

Case Keenum was in the exact same position with the Vikings. Played a MUCH TOUGHER schedule and won 13 games... Where was his contract? And where were you in his defense?

Best supporting cast in the world and only won 8 games against weak competition. Dak, Cousins and Goff. Neither one are worth it. Id dump either and grab Jamis or Foles on friendlier deals and still win 8-10 games while making the playoffs in the weak NFCE. Would allow me to continue to spend elsewhere to find wins. Instead of being locked down because a mediocre qb is hogging the cap space.

• Like 1

P H you are really putting good facts and arguments out there  ---- and the energy it takes to argue with this poster . I'm impressed. He obviously has an ulterior objective / bias so you're beating your head against a brick wall . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So the market for a qb thats not a top 10 qb is top 2 money? Because hes been offered top 5 money, with bonuses that could bring him up to 3.

Dan doesn't deserve Mahomes money or close but we know how these things go. He’s either going to get $35 plus mil a year from the Cowboys or someone else. Every good QB who signs a new deal seems to reset the Market except when you're talking about someone like Mahomes is by far and away the best.

I would also say that while Dak isn't elite, his production the last two seasons has put him around the top 10, if not in the top 10. Biases for or against him would put him either in the top 10 or out of it.

I was shocked he turned down the contract that he did, bc it was a good deal for him. I think if the Redskins had offered Kirk that Dak deal in Feb of 2017  or 2018 that Kirk would have taken it.

Edited by turtle28