How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

46 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, we will not bring race into future discussions. Consider that an unofficial warning for everyone. Read the forum rules for a refresher.

Gonna also state my agreement with this so you know that all mods have seen the posts. You guys know better. And unofficial warnings are now, to put it mildly, "running low". 

Want to talk about race? Talk to your dog. Your friend. The people next to you.

Don't do it here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alright guys, topic is unlocked.  

So.... about our actual quarterback, Dwayne Haskins. Any chance he gets 4,000 yds and 25 TDs?

I’m thinking we are a run first team that goes over 2,000 yds rushing which means Haskins probably won’t get over 500 attempts and so he’ll be more around 3500 yards passing and under 25 TDs. Probably like 3,600 yds & 22 TDs.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So.... about our actual quarterback, Dwayne Haskins. Any chance he gets 4,000 yds and 25 TDs?

I’m thinking we are a run first team that goes over 2,000 yds rushing which means probably won’t get over 500 attemps which means he’ll be more around 3500 yards passing and under 25 TDs. Probably like 3,600 yds & 22 TDs.

Kyle Allen threw for 3322 in 13 games in this system last year so would hope Haskins could hit 3500+ in 16.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Uh, I would put a unit of DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Greg Olsen and Christian McCaffrey in the middle of the pack. 

Honestly, in my defense, I was thinking just receivers when I said that, but you're still probably right because not in my defense I forgot about Samuel and didn't mention RBs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Uh, I would put a unit of DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Greg Olsen and Christian McCaffrey in the middle of the pack. 

I'll be interested in how our guys preform with more targets
Moore had 42 more targets then Terry last year
Samuel had 49 more targets then Sims(shocked me he was the 2nd highest target wr for us)

I think I like our guys better there the problem is
Mccaffery had 142 targets and Olsen had 82 targets that's a lot of targets to fill in the offense while I think we have the talent at HB when healthy can't expect them to be Mccaffery and I don't see a talent at TE for us getting 82 targets at moment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'll be interested in how our guys preform with more targets
Moore had 42 more targets then Terry last year
Samuel had 49 more targets then Sims(shocked me he was the 2nd highest target wr for us)

I think I like our guys better there the problem is
Mccaffery had 142 targets and Olsen had 82 targets that's a lot of targets to fill in the offense while I think we have the talent at HB when healthy can't expect them to be Mccaffery and I don't see a talent at TE for us getting 82 targets at moment

If Terry has the targets I think he will, he’s going to have a huge year. Because there is no true #2 for us right now he may have a Garcon 2013 season - around 100 or more recs, 1250 plus yds & 6 to 10 TDs - bc Dwayne will trust him the most and force feed him the ball.

I can see Steven Sims having a Curtis Samuel type year - 54 recs, 627 yds & 6 TDs - that seems about a right projection for him. 

The question for me is what happens with our #3 WR - AGG, Gibson or whomever - our RBs as receivers and our TEs? That’s a total enigma. 

Will this be similar to Kirk when if things weren’t open downfield he went to the backs or TEs a lot to move the chains?

Will Dwayne force it to Terry and pass up what the defense gives him? It’s a total enigma to me.

I honestly have a hard time projecting any of our RBs, any of our TEs or any of other WRs (not named Terry or S. Sims) to get over 50 recs.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Kyle Allen threw for 3322 in 13 games in this system last year so would hope Haskins could hit 3500+ in 16.

Depends on the yards being gotten though. Some of those games were out of reach for Carolina and Kyle was just slinging it everywhere. And he gets wild when he does that. 3ints against 49ers down 27-3 at halftime. 4ints with 325yds against the Falcons when down big early.

If were competitive and keeping games close. I see less pass yards because of the RBs. If Haskins has a mountain of yards the season has most likely been a failure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Depends on the yards being gotten though. Some of those games were out of reach for Carolina and Kyle was just slinging it everywhere. And he gets wild when he does that. 3ints against 49ers down 27-3 at halftime. 4ints with 325yds against the Falcons when down big early.

If were competitive and keeping games close. I see less pass yards because of the RBs. If Haskins has a mountain of yards the season has most likely been a failure.

I agree with that. I think it’s more likely we are rushing the ball 30 times a game this year rather than throwing it 30 times a game like we did almost every game under Gruden except a handful in 6 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with that. I think it’s more likely we are rushing the ball 30 times a game this year rather than throwing it 30 times a game like we did almost every game under Gruden except a handful in 6 years.

I dunno. I still think we'll be down more often than not. 

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I dunno. I still think we'll be down more often than not. 

I guess it depends on how well our D does & if our running game is effective enough to have a ball control offense like we had in 2018. If we can have an effective running game and then our DL dominates a lot - like most think it will - it will mean that we will pass less I think.

But yeah, like everything else it’s hard to predict that. It’s true if our running game isn’t as effective as we hope it will be, our D isn’t as solid as it could be - thanks to our DL - that we could be behind a lot and be forced to throw more than we should.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I guess it depends on how well our D does & if our running game is effective enough to have a ball control offense like we had in 2018. If we can have an effective running game and then our DL dominates a lot - like most think it will - it will mean that we will pass less I think.

But yeah, like everything else it’s hard to predict that. It’s true if our running game isn’t as effective as we hope it will be, our D isn’t as solid as it could be - thanks to our DL - that we could be behind a lot and be forced to throw more than we should.

I'd expect to pass more then that not only being down but also think the coaching staff will run a lot more quick passes/screens based on what they did in Carolina and how they keep mentioning when talking about Haskins how they want to get his confidence up and one of the best things he does it when he see it he throws no wasted movement.

Looking back at Turner's coaching stops most season tha hb get targets over 100 times combines in passing game that includes a year AP rushed for almost 1500,so I'd expect us to use a quick passing game along with running game this year on 1st down.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly. Our DBs are a concern. But if the RB crew and OL can get their work done. Then they will chew through the clock and no game should be to much out of reach. Which I could see a couple "pass happy" drives at the end of the game because the run game clock chewing negated opposing team opportunities. But the run game doing its job should keep us from being down early and spending the rest of the game flinging and slinging.

• Like 1