How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

We can just disagree on the Dak situation. I have me opinion on what he should be offered and accept compared to you. 

Or I might just need to see the contract myself. What I do stand by is I don't believe he has surpassed expectations and been better than Tony Romo. So he deserves TOP QB money. Not saying he's the best in the league but he is the best the Cowboys have had in a while so he deserves his BIG PAY DAY. 

AND CAM NEWTON IS UNDERPAID. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

He has been offered 33 with bonuses that could take him to 35. What is not "Top QB Money" about the deal? You cant explain it. Youre just randomly homering without giving any reason or saying what you think he should be getting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Tony Romo was the Cowboys Kirk Cousins . Loved him !

Would you have taken Tony Romo as our QB over Jason Campbell, a washed-up McNabb in 2010 & Rex Grossman?

That's essentially the choices we’ve had so far since we didn't re-sign Kirk.

48 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Had they took Griffin out it would be 2012 more than likley against a Respected D the Seahawks. 

2005-2006 has nothing to do with what this discussion is about unless you want to call out Snyder for allowing Inappropriate behavior in his Franchise since than. 

You have to give Haskins the opportunity to be good like good Franchises do. You don't just replace him after 2 freaking seasons. 1 in witch he had a Coach that didn't give him many opportunities to Succeed. 

When Haskins had Coaches who believed in him and put him in position to win we saw what he could do. 

Actually 2005-06 is relevant bc we still haven't win a playoff game since then while Kik Cousins has.

I thought you liked winning more than stats?

Make up your mind. 

As far as 2012 goes, we can't change that RG3 got hurt. So, that's that, it was a bad break for him and the Redskins. We have no idea if we would have beaten the Seahawks if he had stays healthy that season, there's no way to prove it or disprove it bc it didn't happen.

I love Haskins as a QB. He’ll get my full support for a long time. I’ll probably give him a longer time to develop than any other poster in this forum other than possibly you.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well dude, then you should’ve wanted to keep Kirk Cousins. That's my point.

I didn't think either of those two QB's was a long term answer for their respective teams. But yes, I'd take Romo over the bums you gave me .- he got regular seasons wins . He was a choke artist in the Playoff.

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I didn't think either of those two QB's was a long term answer for their respective teams. But yes, I'd take Romo over the bums you gave me .- he got regular seasons wins . He was a choke artist in the Playoff.

Teams lose games not just QBs. For every incompletion or interception that Kirk or Tony had in the 4th quarter their teammates had even more mistakes whether it was an offensive or defensive player and the film backs that up. No player should ever get all of the praise or blame for a team win or loss.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

He has been offered 33 with bonuses that could take him to 35. What is not "Top QB Money" about the deal? You cant explain it. Youre just randomly homering without giving any reason or saying what you think he should be getting.

The guaranteed money matters more. What's the guaranteed number? 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Teams lose games not just QBs. For every incompletion or interception that Kirk or Tony had in the 4th quarter their teammates had even more mistakes whether it was an offensive or defensive player and the film backs that up. No player should ever get all of the praise or blame for a team win or loss.

Just say your ok with Medicore. Nether Cousin's or Dak has proven they deserve Mahomes type of money but Dak has proven in his short career he's better than Kirk Cousins. 

Like I said I would like to know Dak's guaranteed money and if its only 41 million more than Kirk I can understand why he didn't accept the Cowboys offer.

It's not just about the QB yet so many were hurt when the Skins lost a non winning playoff QB. Who after getting 84 million guaranteed took 3 years to get his team a Playoff win. 

Yet both Dak and Cam have done that and not got respectable contracts. That's a problem! 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Would you have taken Tony Romo as our QB over Jason Campbell, a washed-up McNabb in 2010 & Rex Grossman?

That's essentially the choices we’ve had so far since we didn't re-sign Kirk.

You never should've traded a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb. You play the season out with Campbell and possibly earn a spot at the top of the to replace him or do that in free agency. 

Haskins is the Starting QB and people need to accept that. Wish him the best and cheer as he seems to be doing his best instead of all the negativity. Hope that Rivera is willing to build a roster around him on both sides. 

This is a young team that in 2-3 years could be very scary. Focus on the positive and ways that in Reality can really make this Franchise and Team better. 

This defense is stacked on the Dline. You have both a young QB and #1 WR. If Guice can stay healthy, Thaddeus Moss, and  Saahdiq Charles can replace Vernon Davis and 70% of what Trent Williams was this team will Win more than 3 games next season. Plus would be a team on the rise to watch out for just like the 49ers after adding Jimmy G, Bosa, Deebo Samuels, and Kyle Shanahan. Even if they don't make the playoffs next season that would put them in better position during the draft. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Just say your ok with Medicore. Nether Cousin's or Dak has proven they deserve Mahomes type of money but Dak has proven in his short career he's better than Kirk Cousins. 

Like I said I would like to know Dak's guaranteed money and if its only 41 million more than Kirk I can understand why he didn't accept the Cowboys offer.

It's not just about the QB yet so many were hurt when the Skins lost a non winning playoff QB. Who after getting 84 million guaranteed took 3 years to get his team a Playoff win. 

Yet both Dak and Cam have done that and not got respectable contracts. That's a problem! 

Dak got a top 5 offer. One he DIDNT deserve. And youre whining its not respectable. Paying a guy who isnt top 10 at the position top 5 money is very respectable. But you seem to think he should get more than Russell Wilson, Ben Roth,  Aaron Rogers when Daks not in their league.

"Oh because Cousins got this" "Oh because Cousins got that" Always flip everything to that. Totally forget that Dak wants 6-7 million more than TOM FREAKIN BRADY and DREW BREES.