How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your really telling me Cam Newton isn't underpaid right now? 

I don’t know that he is or isn’t, I don’t know that he’s the same player he was the last time he was healthy 3 years ago. We don’t know what deals he may have turned down. Cam said he wasn’t going to take a back up job, he’d only take a job where he would be the starter or mostly likely win the job as the starter like in New England.

I guess I’d say that if Cam can stay healthy and play like he did the last time he was healthy then, yeah, he’s underpaid but he has to prove he can stay healthy. No team owes any player any contract they sign - they only owe a player their guaranteed money - so, no one even had to sign Cam if they didn’t want to.

Cam said months ago that he wasn’t going to sign bc he didn’t see a starting job available to him. He said he may even wait to see what happens with injuries and then sign to a team that wants him to come in and start if the team had lost its starter.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know that he is or isn’t, I don’t know that he’s the same player he was the last time he was healthy 3 years ago. We don’t know what deals he may have turned down. Cam said he wasn’t going to take a back up job, he’d only take a job where he would be the starter or mostly likely win the job as the starter like in New England.

I guess I’d say that if Cam can stay healthy and play like he did the last time he was healthy then, yeah, he’s underpaid but he has to prove he can stay healthy. No team owes any player any contract they sign - they only owe a player their guaranteed money - so, no one even had to sign Cam if they didn’t want to.

Cam said months ago that he wasn’t going to sign bc he didn’t see a starting job available to him. He said he may even wait to see what happens with injuries and then sign to a team that wants him to come in and start if the team had lost its starter.

It's a simple yes or no. I'm not reading all that BS! 

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousins won 0 playoffs games and came out with a Guaranteed contract. Prescott has Won playoffs games and been to the playoffs multiple times and cant even get a Fair Contract. So now he has to go the Kirk Cousins route in DC. I don't want to hear he asking for too much either. He's and QB and we know how the NFL feels about Good/Great QBs. 

Now break that down for me @turtle28

Dak is not a great qb. He has the best OL, the best rb and one of the top WRs in the game. They should have produced far better than 8-8 last year. But Dak doesnt have any "it" factor.

And you say he cant get a fair contract. Hes asking for 10 million more than hes worth. Cowboys have made him numerous reasonable offers for his skill level. And he refuses. Acting like a child wanting more candy and throwing hissy fits.

If he could have had them as 12-4 contenders. Making it to the NFC Champ game. Then he would have a leg to stand on. But Dallas doesnt want to bank on him fully because they know as well as anyone else. He cant get the job done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousins won 0 playoffs games and came out with a Guaranteed contract. Prescott has Won playoffs games and been to the playoffs multiple times and cant even get a Fair Contract. So now he has to go the Kirk Cousins route in DC. I don't want to hear he asking for too much either. He's a QB and we know how the NFL feels about Good/Great QBs. 

Now break that down for me @turtle28

Well Kirk has a better agent for one.

Two, Dak hasn’t gone through two years of being franchised like Kirk had to do before he got that guaranteed offer from the Vikings.

Right now the Cowboys franchised Dak the same way that the Redskins franchised Kirk in 2016 & 17. If Dak wants to eventually be a true free agent, he’s going to have to have the big brass balls that Kirk showed and play on his franchise tag and continue to turn down the Cowboys offers to hopefully gets what he wants next offseason or if he’s franchised a second time like Kirk was, in the 2022 offseason.

You can hate on Kirk all you want, but he played the NFL Bs contract game and won, and he should be commended for that bc he’s the only player that I know who’s gotten a fully guaranteed contract from an NFL franchise past just a one year franchise tag since free agency started in 1993.

Often times it’s not about “what you deserve,” it’s about what you can get and Kirk got the contract he could get. He shouldn’t be crapped on bc the Vikings offered him a 3-year $84 million guaranteed contract. Good for him for getting that, he had more balls than the rest of the NFL’s players who couldn’t get that done.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dak is not a great qb. He has the best OL, the best rb and one of the top WRs in the game. They should have produced far better than 8-8 last year. But Dak doesnt have any "it" factor.

And you say he cant get a fair contract. Hes asking for 10 million more than hes worth. Cowboys have made him numerous reasonable offers for his skill level. And he refuses. Acting like a child wanting more candy and throwing hissy fits.

If he could have had them as 12-4 contenders. Making it to the NFC Champ game. Then he would have a leg to stand on. But Dallas doesnt want to bank on him fully because they know as well as anyone else. He cant get the job done.

Kirk Cousins got 84 million guaranteed with 0 playoff wins. Those are #Facts 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

And there inlies the problem, you comment on everyone’s posts but you never actually read what they write.

There's nothing to read. My question was a Yes or No. You wanna have long conversation like we're at a Bar. Is Cam Newton underpaid is a very simple question. Yes or No? 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well Kirk has a better agent for one.

Two, Dak hasn’t gone through two years of being franchised like Kirk had to do before he got that guaranteed offer from the Vikings.

Right now the Cowboys franchised Dak the same way that the Redskins franchised Kirk in 2016 & 17. If Dak wants to eventually be a true free agent, he’s going to have to have the big brass balls that Kirk showed and play on his franchise tag and continue to turn down the Cowboys offers to hopefully gets what he wants next offseason or if he’s franchised a second time like Kirk was, in the 2022 offseason.

You can hate on Kirk all you want, but he played the NFL Bs contract game and won, and he should be commented for that bc he’s the only player that I know who’s gotten a fully guaranteed contract from an NFL franchise past just a one year franchise tag since free agency started in 1993.

Often times it’s not about “what you deserve,” it’s about what you can get and Kirk got the contract he could get. He shouldn’t be crapped on bc the Vikings offered him a 3-year $84 million guaranteed contract. Good for him for getting that, he had more balls than the rest of the NFL’s players who couldn’t get that done.

I hope Dak does the same thing. Yet his time in the league he has proven to be better than Kirk Cousins or Teddy Bridgewater. 

Edited by Skins212689

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousins got 84 million guaranteed with 0 playoff wins. Those are #Facts 

And that has what to do with anything whatsoever?

Dak is the qb for the most valuable sports franchise in all sports history. Only the Yankees, Real Madrid and Barcelona are within a Billion dollars of the value that the Cowboys are worth. Cowboys need to bank on a winner. Not bank on a guy like Dak who doesnt have the ability to get the job done. If they have Dak, then they have to be able to afford the Top RB, Top WR and Top OL and bank on those guys to get the job done. If they toss Dak what he wants and they cant afford whats needed to win then its all pointless in giving it to him.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

And that has what to do with anything whatsoever?

Dak is the qb for the most valuable sports franchise in all sports history. Only the Yankees, Real Madrid and Barcelona are within a Billion dollars of the value that the Cowboys are worth. Cowboys need to bank on a winner. Not bank on a guy like Dak who doesnt have the ability to get the job done. If they have Dak, then they have to be able to afford the Top RB, Top WR and Top OL and bank on those guys to get the job done. If they toss Dak what he wants and they cant afford whats needed to when then its all pointless in giving it to him.

So that means that should have no problem resigning him! They have the money to pay the man. Yet he unlike Kirk Cousins has to prove what? 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Some were so upset to see a Kirk Leave with no Playoff wins on his resume but can't answer the question when it come to Prescott who has Won Playoff games! 

They won in spite of Dak. They won due to the best line, wr and rb. Dak holds them back from their fullest potential.

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

There's nothing to read. My question was a Yes or No. You wanna have long conversation like we're at a Bar. Is Cam Newton underpaid is a very simple question. Yes or No? 

It’s not a yes or no question in my mind because there are circumstances that led to Cam getting cut and having to sign a cheaper prove it deal.