How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Kirk Cousins beat how many winning teams before his 84 million guaranteed?

Flaco was surrounded by defensive excellence and still got the benefit of a new deal. 

Dak can't get that because what? He's though only reason they didn't get to the Super Bowl. What about Elliot and Cooper? What did they do in the playoffs? These are player's who got paid before Prescott. 

The Cowboys have offered Prescott a deal that would pay him $33 million to $35 million annually with more than $100 million guaranteed, NFL Network's Jane Slater reports.

Thats 5th in the league. More than Kirk. And Dak wouldnt accept it!

How is this anyones fault but Daks? And youre fussing about it why?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats 5th in the league. More than Kirk. And Dak wouldnt accept it!

How is this anyones fault but Daks? And youre fussing about it why?

Two years on the Franchise tag he gets I think like 69 million. 31 this year and 38 next. I need 125 guaranteed not to take that route. 

His agent may tell him 41 million more than Cousins isn't enough though. 

Edited by Skins212689

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Two years on the Franchise tag he gets I think like 69 million. 31 this year and 38 next. I need 125 guaranteed not to take that route. 

And Id leave you on the Franchise. So I could wave goodbye to a mediocre qb getting overpaid while under producing when equal/better comes along.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And Id leave you on the Franchise. So I could wave goodbye to a mediocre qb getting overpaid while under producing when equal/better comes along.

Yet the League is overpaying other Medicore QBs. It started with Kirk Cousins 84 million guaranteed with no Playoff wins! 

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet the League is overpaying other Medicore QBs. It started with Kirk Cousins 84 million guaranteed with no Playoff wins! 

Isn't it obvious the Vikings figured it wasn't his fault -rather poor coaching, poor team talent . They thought they were buying a diamond found in a trash heap ! Were they wrong ? Time will tell- I still don't know but I'm sticking to my evaluation that's he's a loser. 

36 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Vikings just won 13 with Case. Kirk was the top qb on the market. And they felt he was upgrade enough to get them over the hump during this window of having a fantastic overall team. So threw the money at him, rolling the dice he was the missing piece. It could have been any of a dozen other qbs in that same position and the Vikings would have done the same. Cause they felt that Case was to them exactly what the Cowboys think Dak is to that team. The guy that cant get an amazingly built team over the hump.

The Vikings gamble flopped. Just as if the Cowboys toss Dak what he wants, it will fail too.

Why youre constantly whining and crying about what Kirk makes is beyond me. Especially since DAK HAS BEEN OFFERED MORE THAN KIRK! 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Isn't it obvious the Vikings figured it wasn't his fault -rather poor coaching, poor team talent . They thought they were buying a diamond found in a trash heap ! Were they wrong ? Time will tell- I still don't know but I'm sticking to my evaluation that's he's a loser. 

The Vikings just gave Kirk a contract extension. I think they think they’ve found their guy.

It’s interesting that you’d call Kirk a “loser” but based on his winning % he’s the winningest Washington QB since Brad Johnson  - who’s finished an entire season - and his personal statistics were the best of a Washington QB since Theisman.

I just don’t get it. Yes, Kirk isn’t elite we can all agree with that - but the Redskins haven’t had an elite QB since Sonny - but Kirk’s in the good to very good QB group of the NFL and continues to be in that range for the Vikings.

He’s the 58th ranked player on the top 100 meanwhile, Washington doesn’t have one player ranked in the top 100. That says a lot.

I’ve said it a lot, and I’ll say it again. I pray that one day Dwayne Haskins can be as good as Kirk Cousins bc if he is, we’ll win a lot of games and our offense will be a top 10 offense throughout Haskins’s career.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Vikings just won 13 with Case (in 2017). Kirk was the top qb on the market. And they felt he was upgrade enough to get them over the hump during this window of having a fantastic overall team. So threw the money at him, rolling the dice he was the missing piece. It could have been any of a dozen other qbs in that same position and the Vikings would have done the same. Cause they felt that Case was to them exactly what the Cowboys think Dak is to that team. The guy that cant get an amazingly built team over the hump.

The Vikings gamble flopped. Just as if the Cowboys toss Dak what he wants, it will fail too.

Why youre constantly whining and crying about what Kirk makes is beyond me. Especially since DAK HAS BEEN OFFERED MORE THAN KIRK! 

I would say that Kirk’s career isn’t over yet. We have no idea whether the Vikings’ decision to pay for Kirk & to not re-sign Case in 2018 will pay off long term. Just like at this time we don’t know if Dan/Bruce’s deciding to not give Kirk the guaranteed contract he wanted will end you being the right decision or not. So far judging w/ how poorly Washington has played the last 23 games, I’d say they made the wrong decision. But, that will be determined how the rest of Kirk’s career plays out and how Haskins’s career plays out.

One thing has been proven the last two seasons is that the Vikings were right about Case, he certainly wasn’t the long term answer. He got on a heater in 2017 w/ the Vikings but everyone knows that their D was elite and their running game was good too that year which is a reason they nearly made it to the Super Bowl. They were a pretty complete team.

I hope for our teams sake that Haskins can develop into as good as or a better QB than Kirk but that is TBD.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

He just finally won a Playoff game last year. Ask Diggs if Kirk is this Great QB people try to make him out to be when necessary. Kirk did do his thing last year vs the Saints in the playoffs. Yet other than that he's still Mediocre! He has great weapons on offense and a top D and hasn't gotten the Vikings futher than Keenum.

Yet some here can't admit Cam Newton is underpaid, Dak has is Smart to take the Kirk Cousins route but shouldn't have too. Plus this Haskins hate needs to stop with all the BS he walked into with Gruden, Bruce, and others in Charge. Give Haskins the same Leverage/Time you gave Kirk who was benched for Colt Mccoy early in his career but turned out to be a decent QB when put in the right situation. 

33 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He just finally won a Playoff game last year. Ask Diggs if Kirk is this Great QB people try to make him out to be when necessary. Kirk did do his thing last year vs the Saints in the playoffs. Yet other than that he's still Mediocre! He has great weapons on offense and a top D and hasn't gotten the Vikings futher than Keenum.

Yet some here can't admit Cam Newton is underpaid, Dak has is Smart to take the Kirk Cousins route but shouldn't have too. Plus this Haskins hate needs to stop with all the BS he walked into with Gruden, Bruce, and others in Charge. Give Haskins the same Leverage/Time you gave Kirk who was benched for Colt Mccoy early in his career but turned out to be a decent QB when put in the right situation. 

Yeah, Kirk won a playoff game. When’s the last time Washington won a playoff game?

I’ll tell you in case you didn’t know, 2005-06 or 14 years ago.

So far we haven’t done better than him at QB or as a team since we didn’t re-sign him. He won a playoff game since he left us, and we’ve gone 10-22 w/o him the last two years. Kirk has thrown more 20 TDs than the QBs we've signed/drafted to replace him the last two years have and Kirk has throw for 1,529 more yards than them while not having a losing season in the last two years and winning a playoff game in one of the hardest places to win a game in the NFL - the Superdome in New Orleans against Drew Brees.

Again, hope Dwayne becomes as good as Kirk is, it's to be determined.

Had they took Griffin out it would be 2012 more than likley against a Respected D the Seahawks. 

2005-2006 has nothing to do with what this discussion is about unless you want to call out Snyder for allowing Inappropriate behavior in his Franchise since than. 

You have to give Haskins the opportunity to be good like good Franchises do. You don't just replace him after 2 freaking seasons. 1 in witch he had a Coach that didn't give him many opportunities to Succeed. 

When Haskins had Coaches who believed in him and put him in position to win we saw what he could do. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Again with Dak. Dak "shouldnt have too." Hes been offered top 5 money in the league. And you think he should be supported in getting more when hes not a top 10 qb. Hey. Id love nothing more than for Dallas to blow their budget and sign him for 50 million a year. Because this pathetic, sorry, Gruden lead team beat the Cowboys last year. And if Daks around hogging all the cap space while they have to let talent go. Even more wins for us. Its only a good thing for the Washington Football Team if Dak gets paid big.

And I do like Haskins. Cause I have COMPLETE and TOTAL FAITH he can lead us to the promise land..... Which in this case means Drafting No.1 and taking Trevor Lawrence.

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Again with Dak. Dak "shouldnt have too." Hes been offered top 5 money in the league. And you think he should be supported in getting more when hes not a top 10 qb. Hey. Id love nothing more than for Dallas to blow their budget and sign him for 50 million a year. Because this pathetic, sorry, Gruden lead team beat the Cowboys last year. And if Daks around hogging all the cap space while they have to let talent go. Even more wins for us. Its only a good thing for the Washington Football Team if Dak gets paid big.

And I do like Haskins. Cause I have COMPLETE and TOTAL FAITH he can lead us to the promise land..... Which in this case means Drafting No.1 and taking Trevor Lawrence.

We can just disagree on the Dak situation. I have me opinion on what he should be offered and accept compared to you. 

Or I might just need to see the contract myself. What I do stand by is I don't believe he has surpassed expectations and been better than Tony Romo. So he deserves TOP QB money. Not saying he's the best in the league but he is the best the Cowboys have had in a while so he deserves his BIG PAY DAY. 

AND CAM NEWTON IS UNDERPAID.