How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Nobody seems to stan Haskins harder than Urban Meyer, which isn't a nothingburger I don't think.

That phony liar could tell me its raining while Im getting drenched in a hurricane and Id be having my doubts wondering what hes up to this time.

51 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That phony liar could tell me its raining while Im getting drenched in a hurricane and Id be having my doubts wondering what hes up to this time.

I'm not saying he's the BEST person, but he is CONSISTENT in his praise of Haskins as (paraphrasing) arguably the best QB he's ever coached from a mechanics standpoint. Again, not a nothingburger. 

• Like 1

People may not like how Urban Meyer recruits or whatever but every big name university and coach is the same in that regard.

Meyer is one of the best HCs in College Football history - no matter what you think of him, that’s undeniable. He has, as MikeT14 points out, consistently defended Haskins as a good young man - which he is - and a tireless worker - which he’s proven to be this off-season despite there not having organized team offseason workouts so far bc of COVID-19.

I don’t really know why we’re having this discussion? 

There’s been no reason to not like what Haskins has done this offseason so far. Last year and the draft process is over, I don’t know why we’re revisiting it now, it seems pointless to me.

Edited by turtle28

Haskins skin color is why people have problems with him. I've seen Baker Mayfield and Johnny Football act even less mature than Haskins and there teams weren't calling up a QB debate or ready to give up on them. We see Prescott having to wait for a contract Extension yet Wentz and Goff get theirs before their final contract year. Wentz didn't win a Super Bowl, Foles was the QB and Goff Rams lost.

Theirs no other way to put it. Even here Cousins got more time to develop than Griffin. 

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins skin color is why people have problems with him. I've seen Baker Mayfield and Johnny Football act even less mature than Haskins and there teams weren't calling up a QB debate or ready to give up on them. We see Prescott having to wait for a contract Extension yet Wentz and Goff get theirs before their final contract year. Wentz didn't win a Super Bowl, Foles was the QB and Goff Rams lost.

Theirs no other way to put it. Even here Cousins got more time to develop than Griffin. 

I hope you get suspended - rather than the thread being locked . 

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That’s not entirely true, all of those QBs had different factions of their fan base that liked those QBs or didn’t and we are not supposed to discuss race like this. It’s against the rules of this website.

And last time I checked Kirk Cousins never got the contract extension he deserved for 3 offseason’s from this franchise, it’s why he left.

Kirk & Dak’s contract situations are exactly the same to me. Both Dallas and Washington said they wanted to keep each QB but, they didn’t love them enough to give either QB the contract they wanted and deserved.

RG3 got 3 seasons and a 4th offseason to prove he should be the long term franchise QB of Washington, as did Jason Campbell before him. Kirk Cousins beat RG3 in an open QB competition in the 2015 offseason and most people believe Kirk was better in Gruden’s offense in 2014 too and Kirk should have been our starter in 2014 instead of RG3 but, RG3 was given the job bc he was Dan & Bruce‘a guy while Kirk was more the Shanahan’s guy in the 2012 draft.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I see you didn't deny anything I wrote.

Suspended for speaking truth? Please Moderator explain that rule. 

Read the rules of footballs future which are pinned on the page with all the topics. @RSkinGM didn’t elaborate bc he knows the rules and follows the rules of the website. 

I politely ask that you do the same. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not entirely true, all of those QBs had different factions of their fan base that liked those QBs or didn’t and we are not supposed to discuss race like this. It’s against the rules of this website.

Haskins has done what worst than Mayfield or Manziel? Keep in mind Gruden didn't even want him to began with. What more do people want out of Haskins? 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins has done what worst than Mayfield or Manziel? Keep in mind Gruden didn't even want him to began with. What more do people want out of Haskins? 

You’re changing your point as you conveniently do when someone points out that what you are saying isn’t true.

Who cares about Manziel? That was 6 years ago.

And so far Mayfield has proven more than Haskins. To debate that Haskins has proven more after just starting half a season where he was inconsistent for more than half of his starts is way off base.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re changing your point as you conveniently do when someone points out that what you are saying isn’t true.

Who cares about Manziel? That was 6 years ago.

And so far Mayfield has proven more than Haskins. To debate that Haskins has proven more after just starting half a season where he was inconsistent for more than half of his starts is way off base.

It proves my point in witch you and @RSkinGM are saying I can't discuss here.

I care that Maziel and others like him get away with things Haskins hasn't done but is being crucified after 1 rookie year in witch he began with a Coach who had no interest in him starting at all. Gruden had him on the freaking Practice Squad. Same thing Mike did to Griffin. 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I care that Maziel and others like him get away with things Haskins hasn't done but is being crucified after 1 rookie year in witch he began with a Coach who had no interest in him starting at all. Gruden had him on the freaking Practice Squad. Same thing Mike did to Griffin. 

WE,,,,,,didn't say you can't discuss it.. WEBBY,,,,,, says you can't discuss  it . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That’s not an accurate description of what happened to Manziel at all. Most of Cleveland’s fanbase never wanted him, he was suspended and eventually cut. It’s beyond pointless to have a discussion about him.

Who cares about Gruden? He was fired last offseason partly for the reason he mismanaged Haskins since he was drafted, Haskins remains. That’s over man, let’s move on. 

You are 100% wrong that Gruden or Mike Shanahan ever had Haskins or RG3 put on the practice squad. That’s not true. They both had to run the scout team as the #3 QBs always do. All that means is that they acted as the QB of the opposing teams offense for that week and all #3 QBs do this.

So, they were the #3 QBs behind Keenum/McCoy in Haskins’ case & Kirk/Colt in Robert’s case in 2015 after he lost the open competition w/ Kirk that offseason for the starting a job - a season where Kirk set some team records in passing by the way and helped win us the division and host a home playoff game.

Let’s look at the facts. Kirk Cousins never got the contract extension he deserved for 3 straight offseason’s from this franchise, that’s why he left.

Kirk & Dak’s contract situations are exactly the same to me. Both Dallas and Washington say they wanted to keep each QB but, they didn’t love them enough to give either QB the contract they wanted and deserved.

RG3 got 3 seasons as a starter and a 4th offseason to prove he should be the long term franchise QB of Washington, as did Jason Campbell before him. RG3 couldn’t stay healthy to even prove he should remain the starter in 2014 or 2015 and Cousins beat RG3 out for the job in an open QB competition in the 2015 offseason and, a lot of people even believed Kirk was better for Gruden’s offense in 2014 too and those people think Kirk should have been our starter in 2014 instead of RG3 but, RG3 was given the job bc he was Dan & Bruce‘s guy while Kirk was more the Shanahan’s guy in the 2012 draft.

Kirk had a better offseason in both 2014 & 2015 in Gruden’s offense - the offense RG3 asked for as he ran Shanahan out of town - and that’s why a lot of people agreed with Kirk getting the job. Also, a lot of people don’t think that Kirk or Colt should’ve been benched in 2014 in favor of RG3 when he returned from his dislocated ankle, but RG3 was given his string job back and played average at best the second half of the 2014 season when he returned.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1