How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

34 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd expect to pass more then that not only being down but also think the coaching staff will run a lot more quick passes/screens based on what they did in Carolina and how they keep mentioning when talking about Haskins how they want to get his confidence up and one of the best things he does it when he see it he throws no wasted movement.

Looking back at Turner's coaching stops most season tha hb get targets over 100 times combines in passing game that includes a year AP rushed for almost 1500,so I'd expect us to use a quick passing game along with running game this year on 1st down.

Yeah, that’s true, he does like a designed short passing game. We also have a lot of guys who should excel in that type of passing game. Terry can do everything, obviously Sims excels on short routes where he can use his quickness and return skills after a catch. Also, this fits McKissic’s skill set and it will Gibson as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to lie when it popped up he was trending on twitter everything bad came to mind,but seemed like a good press conference.Seemed a little more humble then last year but not broken by what happened seemed like he ready for the challenge

• Like 2

When this was first posted, I thought this is ludicrous- of course Haskins will be the starter. Now I keep reading all these incredible stories about Alex Smith . He has come so far--but I still can't imagine him winning the job. With that said, it does at least seem POSSIBLE at this point. I really don't know how I'd feel. Happy for Alex that he made such a miraculous recovery and he did have us a 6-3 before doomsday event hit him. Sad for Haskins that he's not getting a chance to learn, get experience and show his game . 

My vote is still for HASKINS to WIN the job-clearly and unequivocally ! Let the chips fall . 

On 8/11/2020 at 12:55 PM, RSkinGM said:

When this was first posted, I thought this is ludicrous- of course Haskins will be the starter. Now I keep reading all these incredible stories about Alex Smith . He has come so far--but I still can't imagine him winning the job. With that said, it does at least seem POSSIBLE at this point. I really don't know how I'd feel. Happy for Alex that he made such a miraculous recovery and he did have us a 6-3 before doomsday event hit him. Sad for Haskins that he's not getting a chance to learn, get experience and show his game . 

My vote is still for HASKINS to WIN the job-clearly and unequivocally ! Let the chips fall . 

I don’t think Alex has a true chance to win the job, I just can’t imagine it. I can’t imagine him feeling at all comfortable in a pocket with bodies flying all around him. So much of his game before the injury was on him escaping the pocket, moving around in the pocket and things like that, I just can’t imagine him being the same in that regard ever again.

Beyond that, we all know - if we’re being honest - that he was just at best average as a starter for us in 2018. That was with Jordan Reed - one of the best receiving TEs in the NFL - playing in every game Alex played & VD being there too.

Haskins didn’t have either of those guys last year and the last few games Haskins started last year were better than I saw Alex play in a Redskins uniform.

That’s just the truth of it all. 

I love Alex, always have - I displayed my love for him & my belief in him when we traded for him after Brice stupidly let Kirk walk for a 3rd round comp pick - but I don’t believe our franchise should be entertaining starting a 36 year old QB returning from one of the worst broken legs in football history who is lucky to be alive, let alone being lucky to walk or play an NFL game where guys bigger than JJ Watt will be at his feet and hitting him.

I’m proud of Alex, he’s an inspiration.  He should not be considered as a starting option for Washington.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I'm wondering how Smith's wife feels about this. She has a husband, who's smart and doesn't need football ever again, that keeps wanting to go back to playing after he almost needed an amputation. And it's not like he's in his 20's. 

Judging from the Project11 documentary, she’s very supportive of Alex. I have to imagine she doesn’t want him to take anything more than a charity snap though. If Alex plays actual snaps, I won’t watch it for fear of what might happen.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, Tetsujin said:

I'm wondering how Smith's wife feels about this. She has a husband, who's smart and doesn't need football ever again, that keeps wanting to go back to playing after he almost needed an amputation. And it's not like he's in his 20's. 

He's got over a hundred million reasons to never take a snap again, and no one would fault him for it.  

On 8/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, Tetsujin said:

Didn’t his wife refuse to go out with him until she found out he was an NFL QB?