The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Agreed.

Luis Perez was traded to the Guardians last week. He'll challenge Matt McGloin for a starting spot at some point, but for now he's a developmental backup, a prototypical pocket passer with plus athleticism and incredible college production against inferior competition. He learned to play QB from YouTube, believe it or not. Didn't play before junior college. Made it to the NFL and almost got the backup job for the Rams, was good in training camp and pre-season, but McVay ultimately went with the experienced backup to Goff, and the Rams don't carry three QBs. Anyways, Perez is really raw, but he checks pretty much every box as a prospect. I expect him to beat out McGloin at some point.

It could happen. Perez had a hot start for Birmingham in the AAF, then struggled, then started to look good again before the league folded. He's a very interesting guy, with a love of bowling ("pro bowl experience," some people joked) and the whole story about never playing QB in high school. McGloin has the starting job for now because they like him and he started games for the Raiders, but that could change; he's already 30, and according to the XFL board Kevin Gilbride isn't very happy with how the offense has looked in scrimmages.

Basically, with most of the names unrecognizable and none of the teams hailing from my area, I'm rooting for my favorite laundry like I did with the AAF. So, go Guardians. St. Louis and Dallas have pretty good uniforms too, though.

According to the latest news, all the teams are selling tickets but none more so than the Seattle Dragons, whose sales spiked after the Seahawks lost to Green Bay in the playoffs. For teams like Seattle and New York, who will play in their NFL stadiums, the league plans to cover the upper bowls and film games in such a way that the attendance will look better on TV. (Vince has decades of experience in doing this.)

• Like 2

"If there was any doubt what kind of league the XFL was going to be," columnist Greg Parks wrote in his roster breakdown, "Tampa keeping nine receivers and 11 defensive backs should give you an indication." The 25-second play clock guarantees a faster pace and more substitutions.

The Tampa Bay Vipers started their Monday practice by paying tribute to the memory of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna. The only names on their roster I recognize are former Viking Stacy Coley and the Browns' Antonio Callaway who is under suspension.

Seattle, St. Louis, Dallas, and Houston have generated the most fan support so far. They could draw 10,000 people or more on opening weekend.

Wildcats-kid.png

L.A. is expected to have the lowest attendance, which isn't surprising since even their NFL teams struggle to draw large crowds at home. The team finally made an appearance there in a "block party" last Sunday that drew a few hundred fans.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Vince gets hate because he's a clown, and while yes he had success with wrestling he's already failed once at the XFL. 

Capital does not make a quality product.

Anyone comparing the XFL this time around to last time is simply using hatred.

This time around it is being set up in such a better way then last time. He's taking the time to get things right.

There is no similarity from this go around to the last time except the name XFL

18 hours ago, Drained said:

Josh Johnson being on LA is v exciting for me, would prefer for him to be on DC though, especially as he helped that team last season and probably gathered some fans in the meantime.

Him beating the Jags and lowering our draft position ... I think it was like 6-8 spots.... did not win him any fans :) 

Might check out a Dragons game. Century Link is pretty much across the street from my apartment. And 40 bucks for a really good seats is a deal. XFL games might have a more chill party with tickets pretty cheap. 

Also noticed the Dragons have a ton of ex Seahawks, Kasen Williams, Keenan Reynolds, Isiah Battle, Mohammed Seisay, Tani Tupou, and coached by Seahawks Legend Jim Zorn.

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

My buddies and I are going all in. We are having a kickoff party and all picked different teams to support. I already have my Dallas Renegades shirt ready to go! 

Well you and your buddies are about to get disappointed when the Houston Roughnecks drop that Stone Cold Stunner on you. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well you and your buddies are about to get disappointed when the Houston Roughnecks drop that Stone Cold Stunner on you. 

How dare you use Stone Cold against me!

My two friends are now fans of the Battlehawks and the Dragons so we can trash talk each other. 

Houston and Dallas never had a major rivalry in the NFL, did they? The Oilers and Cowboys would beat the crap out of each other, but in a friendly way. The Roughnecks and Renegades, on the other hand, will be division opponents.

As far as Houston goes I'm looking forward to seeing what Sammie Coates, De'Angelo Henderson, and former Seahawk Terry Poole can do on their new team. Plus they have the Oilers homage in their logo which I like. Dallas has equally great uniforms, Bob Stoops, and their QB is appropriately named Landry. Those should be good games.

But none of these teams will be able to handle the Guardians, just so you know. ;)

EDIT: By the way, if you're within traveling distance of your team and want lower-level seats for just $20, get them now! The promo applies to every team and lasts just 24 hours. Dallas, Seattle, and St. Louis have already sold out of them, but there are still some left for D.C., Houston, L.A., New York, and Tampa Bay.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1