Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Not without his acceptance and correction of his weaknesses.

A lot of the weaknesses were on the confusion of running plays in a game that weren't on the gameplan.  Baker and the team looked great during the first quarter and sometimes into the second.  That is the scripted play period.  Once that went away the whole team played like crap.

Also Baker's biggest strength is play action.  If we can run effectively with Chubb (and hopefully Hunt) we can run a ton of play action.  As long as the action looks the same as a hand off you can keep other teams at bay with it.

Also if Stefanski is from the ZBS for OL then I feel better about the OL than most.  We have the linemen to run the zone blocking scheme.  Need a new RG and RT but we can be effective with the group we have.

Part of the issues with the team was depth.  We had minimal depth on the DL (why in the blue hell was Chris Smith, Avery, Deveroe Lawrence released?) and 0 depth in the secondary.  Fix these issue and competent coaching and at worst we are looking at 8 wins

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

Also Stefanski and the Vikings ran the most 21 and 22 personnel in the NFL (2 TE 1 RB and 2 TE 2 RBs)

youre getting the numbers confused. First number is RBs and Second number is TEs. 

21 is 2 backs 1 TE

12 is 1 back 2 TES

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just thinking of what positions Berry would need to fill since he just throws poo at the wall and hopes it sticks. He drafted Njoku and I think there's a good chance he can catch on again in our offense.

I thought you were saying Freddie was intentionally crapping on Njoku or something and I had missed something.

3 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

A lot of the weaknesses were on the confusion of running plays in a game that weren't on the gameplan.  Baker and the team looked great during the first quarter and sometimes into the second.  That is the scripted play period.  Once that went away the whole team played like crap.

Also Baker's biggest strength is play action.  If we can run effectively with Chubb (and hopefully Hunt) we can run a ton of play action.  As long as the action looks the same as a hand off you can keep other teams at bay with it.

Also if Stefanski is from the ZBS for OL then I feel better about the OL than most.  We have the linemen to run the zone blocking scheme.  Need a new RG and RT but we can be effective with the group we have.

Part of the issues with the team was depth.  We had minimal depth on the DL (why in the blue hell was Chris Smith, Avery, Deveroe Lawrence released?) and 0 depth in the secondary.  Fix these issue and competent coaching and at worst we are looking at 8 wins

I don’t think Robinson has the technique to be good in a ZBS. where you need to be a technician in zone scheme. 

3 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

I was responding to this:

"You Baker haters are going to hate Stefanski. He’s going to take Baker’s gifted abilities and use them as they should have been used in the first place." 

Mayfield has to clean up his act for this to happen.

Don't think Stefanski is going to be ok with Mayfield being Mayfield.

Just now, buno67 said:

I don’t think Robinson has the technique to be good in a ZBS. where you need to be a technician in zone scheme. 

He is more athletic than for a power blocking scheme.  That was what I was going off of.  Also I would like us to sign a LT and move Robinson over to the Right side.  Also Robinson is a Free agent is he not?  Didn't he sign a 1 year deal?

5 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

Yeah according to Monken Freddie was just disregarding game plans and what had been planned all week.

And we ran minimal play actions and a good bit of empty sets which Baker was horrible at... despite having numbers to support that. #analytics.

Yeah the roster moves were..... puzzling to say the least.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah according to Monken Freddie was just disregarding game plans and what had been planned all week.

And we ran minimal play actions and a good bit of empty sets which Baker was horrible at... despite having numbers to support that. #analytics.

Yeah the roster moves were..... puzzling to say the least.

Which, connect the dots, puts credence to the rumors that Dorsey was trying to influence who plays.  Hey play this guy, no you played Chris smith instead... Ok I will cut him... Now play this guy...

1 minute ago, BooyaCS09 said:

He is more athletic than for a power blocking scheme.  That was what I was going off of.  Also I would like us to sign a LT and move Robinson over to the Right side.  Also Robinson is a Free agent is he not?  Didn't he sign a 1 year deal?

Great athlete but has horrible technique. You need great feet and great hand placement to be great in zone scheme. Robinson ain’t moving to RT. He prolly hasn’t played Right side of the OL since middle school. Not worth the investment trying to re teach him. 

It’s gettin tense around these parts..

Its like all the dudes wives are going through hell week all at the same time ...

Lets all just celebrate that we made a hire and can’t screw up much else as an entity until April. And let out our frustrations on other fanbases rather then our own ...