The Oscars

RamRod

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

should i read it the first time so i understand what is happening the second time? 

I've only watched it once and I found myself staring at the subtitles the whole time because there is a ton of dialog. I'd like to watch it again a second time and just focus on the cinematography. But I would say for sure the 1st time you have to read the subtitles. The story isn't overtly complicated but the sociopolitical angle and all the aspect of the plot would be lost on you.

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

I've only watched it once and I found myself staring at the subtitles the whole time because there is a ton of dialog. I'd like to watch it again a second time and just focus on the cinematography. But I would say for sure the 1st time you have to read the subtitles. The story isn't overtly complicated but the sociopolitical angle and all the aspect of the plot would be lost on you.

😑

So pumped Parasite / Bong cleaned house. Well deserved. and the Academy final got it right (still sour about Green Book last year). 

If you want to know how/why it happened, your answer is the woman that spoke at the end, Miky Lee. Samsung royalty, multi-billionaire part owner of CJ Group [huge Korean conglomerate). Was an important initial investor in DreamWorks; knows how Hollywood works.

The Phoenix / Zellwegger wankery were the only duds. Can't believe those two coked up looney bins got more time each, than the Parasite crew did for winning BP. Pretty solid show overall (although I missed the BP featurettes that used to be sprinkled throughout the show. 

Also gonna pump up myself here, and say I was 100% on my predictions. If my guess didn't win, my choice won. This year was pretty set In stone, no huge surprises (unless  you count Parasite).

• Like 2