2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

They aren't gonna mess up 6 straight picks though haha. Chubb isn't gonna make it to us at 9-10.

Chubb won’t happen, but one of Key, Landry, or Ferrell should be available.  Chubb will go top 3(imo).

Lots of good players will be available for us.

42 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Chubb won’t happen, but one of Key, Landry, or Ferrell should be available.  Chubb will go top 3(imo).

Lots of good players will be available for us.

I don’t think any of those guys would be proper value at 9 or 10. Guys I like at those spots:

1) Ward

2) Guice

3) Hurst

4) Vea

5) Fitzpatrick/James

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is a guy I’ve been doing more research on. He may end up being my #2 rusher.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

What's your comp on Guice?

I'm higher on him than most. My comp is Ezekiel Elliott minus the polished hands and pass blocking. Guice would make a great compliment to Lynch in year 1 with a complete phase-out of Washchard.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Rb in top 10 not worth it.. u can get Kamara types after first.. most the rookie rbs were pretty solid all went 3-5 rounds. We need studs on D-line 

Yeah, id prefer going after Love in the 2nd over spending a top 10 pick on a RB.  I would be happy with Hurst or Vea in the 1st.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don’t think any of those guys would be proper value at 9 or 10. Guys I like at those spots:

1) Ward

2) Guice

3) Hurst

4) Vea

5) Fitzpatrick/James

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is a guy I’ve been doing more research on. He may end up being my #2 rusher.

I would like to see their broad jumps etc before I would say they are worth a top 10 or not.  We could really use a another good edge or DT to go along with Mack.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Rb in top 10 not worth it.. u can get Kamara types after first.. most the rookie rbs were pretty solid all went 3-5 rounds. We need studs on D-line 

Leonard Fournette isn't a worse prospect because Kareem Hunt is good. Just because you can get a great RB in the later rounds doesn't mean you should pass up a great prospect (if you deem him as such) in the first round. Although RB doesn't depreciate as quickly as other positions round after round, the hit rate certainly does diminish as the draft goes on.

An impact player at the RB would really elevate the offense and take pressure off Derek Carr and the receiver corps. Lynch was good this year, but I could could a handful of times in each game where a more explosive talent would double his yardage and even win games.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Leonard Fournette isn't a worse prospect because Kareem Hunt is good. Just because you can get a great RB in the later rounds doesn't mean you should pass up a great prospect (if you deem him as such) in the first round. Although RB doesn't depreciate as quickly as other positions round after round, the hit rate certainly does diminish as the draft goes on.

An impact player at the RB would really elevate the offense and take pressure off Derek Carr and the receiver corps. Lynch was good this year, but I could could a handful of times in each game where a more explosive talent would double his yardage and even win games.

No arguing a kamara type back would elevate carr and the offense. but id rather have another impact player on defense than top 10 rb. we can stillnfind an impact RB after first. We need help in defense far more.

I've been doing some research on draft picks.  I dont know much about these guys but here are some names I see popping up at positions of need for us at 9 or 10.  Let me know your thoughts?

OT:  There are a few guys here that I don't know much about.  If any are legit studs they should be considered.

Edge: Chubb/ Key.  We need edge rushers to compliment Mack.  Both of these players have potential.

RB: Barkley.  I doubt he is there but he is the only RB I can see us pulling the trigger on in the top 10.

S: James/ Fitz  Both these guys appear to be good players at areas of need.  I'm not convinced Obi is the long term answer so they both should be considered. 

CB:  I'm not to sure who the top guys are but I do know we can use help at CB.

LB: Smith.  He is the only LB I see us taking in the first.  He sounds like he should be a good player.

WR:  We need a legit 1x, not sure if that type of WR is in this draft.  I am not a fan of taking a WR top 10 unless he is an elite 1x.

DT:  Hurst/ Vea.  Both of these guys appear to be legit players at areas of need.  One of these 2 combined with EVD could provide that interior rush we have been lacking.  

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've been doing some research on draft picks.  I dont know much about these guys but here are some names I see popping up at positions of need for us at 9 or 10.  Let me know your thoughts?

OT:  There are a few guys here that I don't know much about.  If any are legit studs they should be considered.

There aren't any guys at 9 or 10 the would be worth it by my estimation. One guy I like a lot is Tyrell Crosby, but he's more a late first/earlysecond round pick. Jamarco Jones is another prospect who might be there in the early 2nd. I don't like him quite as much as Crosby but he's got starting potential.

Edge: Chubb/ Key.  We need edge rushers to compliment Mack.  Both of these players have potential.

Chubb is a slam dunk, elite prospect. Key, not so much. Other edge rushers I like are: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and Harold Landry in round 1 (but not in early round 1), and Sam Hubbard and Jeff Holland in round 2. I'm sure more will emerge as the draft gets closer.

RB: Barkley.  I doubt he is there but he is the only RB I can see us pulling the trigger on in the top 10.

I'm a Guice guy (as RB2 to Barkley) but I also really like Damien Harris if he's there in round 2. I'm not a fan of anyone else in particular. I'd like to get a star at the position this year.

S: James/ Fitz  Both these guys appear to be good players at areas of need.  I'm not convinced Obi is the long term answer so they both should be considered. 

l'm sold on Obi going back to last year; I would of taken him in round 1. Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't want to double down on safety unless I was getting a game changer or were going with a safety at nickel. I don't view either James or Fitz as "game changing" talents.

CB:  I'm not to sure who the top guys are but I do know we can use help at CB.

I'm a big fan of Denzel Ward. He's smallish (hopefully at least 5'10") but he's super athletic and polished at his craft. I view him between Lattimore and Conely as a prospect. In round 2, there are a number of attractive names: Tarvarus McFadden, Jaire Alexander, Isaiah Oliver, Duke Dawson, and Carlton Davis. McFadden and Dawson are probably my favorite from that group.

LB: Smith.  He is the only LB I see us taking in the first.  He sounds like he should be a good player.

I'm no go on second level LB in round 1. Roquan Smith looks like an okay prospect, but he probably won't be in my top 10 when it's all said and done. In the 2nd and 3rd round, I like Jerome Baker, Trumaine Edmunds, and Tegray Scales. 

WR:  We need a legit 1x, not sure if that type of WR is in this draft.  I am not a fan of taking a WR top 10 unless he is an elite 1x.

There are no elite guys in this draft, but there are certainly some intriguing guys. I'd like to get Carr a bigger, "bad ball" player if the team goes with a receiver early. Sutton fits the mold most of the first round guys, but I'm not sold on his instant impact ability in the NFL. Auden Tate is a similar prospect to Sutton without the production and experience.

DT:  Hurst/ Vea.  Both of these guys appear to be legit players at areas of need.  One of these 2 combined with EVD could provide that interior rush we have been lacking.

Big fan of both. I give the edge to Hurst because of his pass rushing prowess. Vea lacks polish but has immense size and strength.  

Archived