2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

what would you think of this mock

1. Da'ron Payne DT     day 1 starter, been a force for Bama and freak athlete 

2.  Jaire Alexander CB    deep corner class

3. Antonio Callaway WR  - character issues, but so talented

4. Desmond Harrison OT - small school sleeper

5. Rasaad Penny RB- deep RB class

I’m not sure penny lasts that long. Thinking third round at the latest but I could be wrong. Don’t always love Cotto’s attitude and arrogance but he is often accurate on some “inside info” and apparently our personnel department has done extensive research on Penny. All depends on how much we value him vs everybody else.

27 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Although the depth at rb is crazy in this draft so who knows?

I was kinda pushing it round 5... He could be there day 3 but likely ****** early... there is crazy RB depth, sure the studs will go earlier but alot of talent there day 2 and 3.. you guys prolly right, and he goes day 2

Agreed. Quite frankly, there are multiple rbs I would be happy with in this year’s draft. Obviously I would love Barkley but that seems very unlikely. Guice is very intriguing to me but I would be excited about Damien Harris, Kerryon Johnson, Penny, Royce Freeman, either of the Georgia rbs, or LJ Scott. I like Bryce Love and Ron Jones but their size concerns me.

Projected 2018 draft picks

• Round 1: Oakland
  • Round 2: Oakland
  • Round 3: Oakland
  • Round 4: Oakland
  • Round 5: Comp Pick
  • Round 5: Comp Pick
  • Round 6: Oakland, Seattle
  • Round 6: Comp Pick
  • Round 7: Oakland
  • Round 7: Comp Pick

I don't like to criticize Reggie, but he needs to step up and hit on these picks... In the top 13, with 11 projected picks  

As much as I want defense in the form of pass rush/secondary/OLB/interior DL, I think OT is the most pressing need. Considering getting Carr right is the most important thing to do this offseason and also considering he was hit or hurried on over half the passing attempts Monday night, replacing Marshall Newhouse would not only be nice, it's down right critical. Not to mention we need to be thinking long and short term at that position. 

Archived