2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Barkley is a better prospect than Elliot was.

By a wide margin too. Best RB prospect since AP IMO.

He is the best prospect in the class regardless of position by a big margin. He's a once a decade RB. I'd have zero problem taking him #1 if i were a GM who needed a RB.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

My pro comp for him is Stefon Diggs. I don't like him as a match for Carr as much as someone like Sutton.

I'm not a big Ferrell fan from what I've seen.

Yeah im not huge on Ridley myself. Diggs is a very good comp for him.

I love Ferrell. He's extremely disruptive and creates plays for others when he's not the one making them. His athleticism at his size is pretty nuts, especially his quickness out of his stance at the snap.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to develop talent on the DL, but an interior disruptor would be the best pick, barring a really good corner prospect being available. Is there anyone at corner worth taking at 12? Otherwise I'm thinking interior rush all the way.

Not imo. Ward is probably the top rated CB at this point but i dont think he's worth #12. He's, small, inconsistent, and overrated imo. CB is a DEEP position on day 2 imo but there's no real standout shutdown potential corner in the class imo.

My favorite CB in the draft(provided he declares as expected) is Jaire Alexander. He's aggressive, instinctual, and is exceptional at locating the ball. 5'11" 195 and will likely run right around a 4.4 flat. He's an ideal man cover corner. Also a lethal returnman on punts and kicks.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

By a wide margin too. Best RB prospect since AP IMO.

He is the best prospect in the class regardless of position by a big margin. He's a once a decade RB. I'd have zero problem taking him #1 if i were a GM who needed a RB.

While Barkley is a fine prospect, do you really think he's built to take 300+ carries? Fournette, Gurley and Elliot were/are.

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

While Barkley is a fine prospect, do you really think he's built to take 300+ carries? Fournette, Gurley and Elliot were/are.

He's listed at around 230. But more importantly he has a substantially built lower half.

@riceman80 You'll have to point me to a game where you see those things with Farrell. To me, I see a well built end who lacks the explosiveness and bend to be consistently productive at the next level. He seems destined for the defensive end middle class of players who bounce from team to team on 2 year deals.

I'm also not with you an Ward. As a prospect, he's in between Marston Lattimore and Gareon Conley but he's closer to Conley. I don't see how you could call him inconsistent based on his 2017 season. He's far and away the best man coverage corner in the draft and has great instincts in zone where typically taller and longer corners thrive. He's also great against the run and mitigating YAC. He'll flirt with the fast 40 and 3-cone times in the combine.

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to develop talent on the DL, but an interior disruptor would be the best pick, barring a really good corner prospect being available. Is there anyone at corner worth taking at 12? Otherwise I'm thinking interior rush all the way.

Yes, we could add a linebacker, but between Bowman, James showing some promise this year, and Morrow playing well, I don't think it's a HUGE need unless again a can't miss player is available.

While agree, pass rush is at the forefront of the needs list for awhile now. LB is a strong 2. Relying on James and Marrow is bad for business. How many times have we seen the FO try this and it fail. Bowman is a commitment to staying the course as well, I've been vocal with my thoughts there.

If the Raiders could get Roquan Smith, they should take him. They NEED to get faster in the front 7. Roquan is a missile around the ball. They could use that in their front 7.

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

How is this a question? He's big, physical with amazing lower body strength. He's built like a Buick. What am I missing with your question?

2 hours ago, Totty said:

At 5'11" 233lbs.... Yeah.. I do.  

My apologies to everyone. Did not  know dude was 230. Haven't really dived into college football yet, just saw a few of his games in passing and he looked smaller to me. But damn 230 with all that wiggle, quickness and speed....can you say Marshall Faulk

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

My apologies to everyone. Did not  know dude was 230. Haven't really dived into college football yet, just saw a few of his games in passing and he looked smaller to me. But damn 230 with all that wiggle, quickness and speed....can you say Marshall Faulk

This is a really cool post. Owning up to what you didn't know and curtailing that into getting excited about a player. I dig it.  Respect.

Been seeing a lot of mocks lately, and Derwin James seems to be a guy that's falling out of favor. IIRC, he was Kipers top rated player headed into this college football season and some mocks I have seen lately don't have him top 20.

Anyone have any insight on him as a player. Could he be a target for us if he falls, or would that be redundant with us taking a hybrid DB like Obi last year.

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Been seeing a lot of mocks lately, and Derwin James seems to be a guy that's falling out of favor. IIRC, he was Kipers top rated player headed into this college football season and some mocks I have seen lately don't have him top 20.

Anyone have any insight on him as a player. Could he be a target for us if he falls, or would that be redundant with us taking a hybrid DB like Obi last year.

What mocks have him outside the top 20?

I'm seriously asking...

Archived