2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

with the lost to eagles raiders currently have the 11th pick... locked in a top 15 pick.... draft pick can range from 6-16 depending what happens next sunday.. hopefully we beat the chargers to end the season on a high note

The sixth pick would be sweet, maybe we can get a blue Chip player and a new coach. ?

I believe we have the 11th pick....currently ahead of us

6. Denver vs KC  division rival could win.... .483 5-10

7. Jets vs NE   .521 5-10

8. SF vs Rams ..521 5-10

9. Bears vs Vikings .558 5-10

10. Bengals vs Baltimore .467 6-9

currently at 11

only 2 teams we could jump with a victory

Miami 6-9 .542

Arizona 7-8 .488

brief State of Raider roster going into roster to help determine needs

Offense

QB: Carr   - having a down year, but I personally think he is hurt... coaching staff has sucked, and offense has been a mess... We invested in Carr

- RB Lynch(31) Olewale- Lynch still has that burst, and has played better as the season has gone on. RBS usually break down after the age of 30, depth has been lacking. Richard had a sophmore slump, Washington is a scat back. A young stud RB would be welcomed. Olewale is a fine FB, who isn't utilized enough

WR: Cooper, Crabtree, Roberts - Cooper is having a bad season, but should bounce back. Crabtree has had an up and down year, but no one has really shined on offense. Roberts is a below average slot. Really didn't step up with injuries, drops too many passes. Patterson is more of a gadget player, and st stud. Another WR would be a welcome addition

TE: Cook, Walford-  Cook was actually the best free agent pickup this past off season. Walford, has flashed potential and the Raiders should have ran more two tight end sets. Even if Cook is 30 wouldn't invest a high pick here, since Walford has flashed. 

T: Penn(34), Newhouse, Sharpe, Alexander- Penn is old, and a long term replacement is a need at such a important position. Is Sharpe that man? He looked good in one game against a good Phlly defense. Newhouse is good depth, but a below average starting RT. Not sure if Sharpe and Alexander are the future? Tackle could be in play

G: KO, Jackson, Kirkland- one of the strength of the teams is interior olineman. KO made another pro bowl , and Jackson is a solid starter, both in their prime

C: Hudson, Feli- Hudson is a iron man and stud in his prime, Feli is good depth and can move around playing more than one position

Offense Needs: RB, WR, T

Defense

DE: Mack, Edwards, Autry , Ward- Mack is all world, but he needs more help. Defense is like surrounding Lebron around a bunch a player who can't hit a 3, need more playmakers. Autry might walk in free agency, Reggie has a history of letting players walk away rather than overpay. Mario Edwards has flashed potential, but his injuries starting to become concerning. Never looked as great as he did as a rookie. Ward actually made a couple plays, still hard to count on

DT:  Ellis, Vanderdoes, Hester, Latham - Ellis has been playing his butt off but is going to be a free agent.  Vanderdoes has been outplayed by 7th round rookie Hester. This group might be a unit that is revamped

OLB: Irvin, Morrow, James, Cowser, Calhoun- Irvin playing like a stud with the coaching change. Morrow has been a surprised rookie, but could be upgraded? James and Cowser decent depth. Team could use another stud OLB

MLB:  Bowman, Lee -  Bowman is a key player to sign back with the team. I didn't know he is younger than Irvin lol... I guess he lost a step, but can still shed blocks, great instincts, and leaves it all on the field. Could use a young player to groom behind him, Lee might be a career depth player

CB: Smith, Amerson, Carrie, Conely, Mcdonald, Hamilton- this unit could be revamped. Sean Smith has played better with the coaching change, but is still overpaid. Amerson was always getting burnt before his concussions(which might be a serious issue for him). Both could be gone, and I wouldn't overpay Carrie. Conely is a big unknown but we invested a first rounder in him. Mcdonald and Hamilton are nothing more than depth 

S: Joseph, Obi, Luani: Joseph hasn't been as bad as people make him out to be. Just stupid to match him up one on one with 6'5 tight ends. Joseph is an electric athlete, and likes to fly around and hit people. Obi is an unkown and hoepfully he can be the guy to matchup with tight ends and play SS. Luani should have had more playing time this year. Could use another safety if a creative DC wants to use Joseph is a non traditional role

Defense Needs: DE(Edge Rusher), DT, OLB, MLB, CB, S  Defense heavy draft lol? 

While I agree that we have some weaknesses on defense, I think we have some on offense as well. If you asked me a year ago I would say we didn’t need anything offensively, this year I think we do. Not saying we should go offense heavy, maybe balanced depending on the board. We have drafted defense 7 out of our last 9 top three picks. Being so young on defense could be part of the problem. Not sure how much cap space we will have but would like us to target either a vet cb or lb and draft whichever we didn’t address in the first three rounds.

I think that the following offensive positions should be addressed free agency or the draft:

Tackle: Don’t care what anyone says. Penn is old, over rated, and overpaid. I wouldn’t be mad if we cut him. Even if sharpe shows out next week, I would still like to add another young tackle because Newhouse should not be starting.

Running back: Don’t get me wrong, I love watching lynch run through ppl. Probably the lone exciting player we have on offense right now but we only have him probably one more year. There is a ton of depth in the draft but I would not mind if we took guice in the first round. He runs like lynch but would enable us to play fast as well. He could be a real game breaker.

Wr: Cooper is inconsistent and Crabs isn’t getting younger. Not sure what happened to him last night? Other than those two, none of our wrs scare anybody. If we drafted one I wouldn’t want one until the third at the earliest. There are a couple sure handed guys I like in that range though. Moncrief, Pryor, and Allen Robinson will probably all be on the market and cheap as well.

Regardless of what we do, I think corner, lb, tackle and rb are our biggest needs other than a new coaching staff.

Honestly, we need a top 10 draft pick and early pick in the 2nd/3rd etc to be able to really add dynamic talent to this roster. We weren't gonna make a run in the playoffs anyway this year if we squeaked in. Might as well get the talent to potentially be able to do so down the line.

How many "blue chip/elite" prospects are available in this years draft in your guys' eyes?

Because qb's will go off the board. Potentially Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar Jackson, etc. If we can pick in the 6-10 range, we have a shot at some of those players.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly, we need a top 10 draft pick and early pick in the 2nd/3rd etc to be able to really add dynamic talent to this roster. We weren't gonna make a run in the playoffs anyway this year if we squeaked in. Might as well get the talent to potentially be able to do so down the line.

How many "blue chip/elite" prospects are available in this years draft in your guys' eyes?

Because qb's will go off the board. Potentially Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar Jackson, etc. If we can pick in the 6-10 range, we have a shot at some of those players.

I might sound bias but if we fix some issues, we still have alot of talent just a down year. I could see us bouncing back like Panthers with a top ten pick in 2017, to a playoff team in the hunt the same year....

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I could be wrong but Blue Chips I have read about.. Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield all likely top 10 picks

RB Saquon Barkley Penn State

RB Derrius Guice    LSU

WR Christian Kirk Texas A&M

WR Calvin Ridley  Alabama

WR Courtland Sutton SMU

G  Quenton Nelson Notre Dame

DE Bradley Chubb  NC State

DE Austin Bryant Clemson

Edge Arden Key   LSU

DT Da'ron Payne  Alabama

DT Vita Vea   Washington

LB Roquan Smith Georgia 

S Derwin James   Florida State

CB Minkah Fitpatrick Alabama

CB Denzel Ward Ohio State

15 if you don't count the 3 QBS...Raiders likely to land one, but there also could be post season risers.. Tackle class sucks

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Reggie's drafts have been Meh recently. His 2-4th round selections have been particularly poor. So I don't have much confidence in adding talent that can effect the team early on. 

Blue chip "elite" talents, hmmmm outside Barkley I can't answer that. This class is largely seen as pretty lackluster at the top and seen as one of the worst classes in recent memory in scouting circles.

Fans will convince themselves there is "elite" talent but every guy outside Barkely seems to have some question marks. IMO "elite" refers to an all-pro talent, which I just don't see a lot of. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Blue chip "elite" talents, hmmmm outside Barkley I can't answer that. This class is largely seen as pretty lackluster at the top and seen as one of the worst classes in recent memory in scouting circles.

Fans will convince themselves there is "elite" talent but every guy outside Barkely seems to have some question marks. IMO "elite" refers to an all-pro talent, which I just don't see a lot of. 

I definitely think at least Bradley Chubb also fits the blue chip moniker. Based on my personal evaluations, I’d also include Hurst, Vea, Ward, and Guice.

Others would probably include Nelson, Fitzpatrick, and James.

Archived