2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

13 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I hope we just take the best player available in the early rounds. I don't care if the best guy at 9 is a center take him. If the scouts and coaches think he is a pro bowl type guy take him. I know you have to fill needs. But I have always thought rounds 1 and 2 really a team should take who they think is the best guy there. 

That's mostly false teams take the best guy there that also fills a need, plus you wouldn't take a Center with our first pick right now even if the whole world said he was a sure fire pro bowl guy.

19 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That's mostly false teams take the best guy there that also fills a need, plus you wouldn't take a Center with our first pick right now even if the whole world said he was a sure fire pro bowl guy.

No but I would take a guard. This yr anyway. I' d rather take the sure fire guy that will most likely be still a factor in 5 yrs than a draft full of needs that has 0 players left on the team or in the league in 5yrs. But that' just me.

Question for the draft thread: What would be your perfect pairing in round one and two this season? Basically, how what position or players would you pair at 9/10 and 41?

This is how I have it:

Round 1: I'm all in on defensive line (Hurst or Vea) or runningback (Guice or Michel). No other position or player moves my needle.

41: This is surefire right tackle/future left tackle spot for me. I like the depth going into the 2nd round and I believe talent falls off a cliff form there.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Question for the draft thread: What would be your perfect pairing in round one and two this season? Basically, how what position or players would you pair at 9/10 and 41?

This is how I have it:

Round 1: I'm all in on defensive line (Hurst or Vea) or runningback (Guice or Michel). No other position or player moves my needle.

41: This is surefire right tackle/future left tackle spot for me. I like the depth going into the 2nd round and I believe talent falls off a cliff form there.

Right now I'm liking Ward or Edmunds at 9/10. Top cover corner in the draft or the LB with the most potential to be a great player.

Then at 41, I like Sony Michel. He's getting Kamara comps. But hearing you mention him as a potential pick at #9/10, I'm going to have to go back and reevaluate who will realistically be there in the 2nd.

Give me Ward, Smith, Vea, or (unlikely) Barkley at 9/10 and the best tackle left at 41. I honestly am still at a loss with who will be available at the tackle position at 41. I’m trying to get a judge but it’s really up and down for all the prospects this year. Would not be opposed to a RB like Chubb there either. Though that could be early for him. 

7 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Right now I'm liking Ward or Edmunds at 9/10. Top cover corner in the draft or the LB with the most potential to be a great player.

Then at 41, I like Sony Michel. He's getting Kamara comps. But hearing you mention him as a potential pick at #9/10, I'm going to have to go back and reevaluate who will realistically be there in the 2nd.

I'm likely higher on Guice and Michel that he'll actually go in the draft. But as the draft nears, I believe both will end up being gone by 41. It would be great if the team could trade back into the 15-22 range.

43 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm likely higher on Guice and Michel that he'll actually go in the draft. But as the draft nears, I believe both will end up being gone by 41. It would be great if the team could trade back into the 15-22 range.

Buffalo would be an ideal trading partner with their two back to back picks in the 20s.

I believe they will do all they can to get into the top ten to get one of the top 4 qbs.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is how I have it:

I'm not a fan of RB so early. Could totally be on board with the DL pick, but first I want to see how the FA period folds out.

OT would be a solid pick in the 2nd, however I could very well see a CB or LB there...

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Buffalo would be an ideal trading partner with their two back to back picks in the 20s.

I believe they will do all they can to get into the top ten to get one of the top 4 qbs.

Buffalo is the hope. I don't think they'd give up both picks, but they also have two picks near each other in the later 2nd round which I'd take.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I'm not a fan of RB so early. Could totally be on board with the DL pick, but first I want to see how the FA period folds out.

OT would be a solid pick in the 2nd, however I could very well see a CB or LB there...

This is how I look at the RB tiers in this class:

Tier 1: Barkley

Tier 2: Guice, Michel

Tier 3: Ronald Jones

Tier 4: Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Rashaad Penny

Tier 5: Kerryon Johnson, Kalen Ballage

I really want a guy from the top 3 tiers (and a tackle at 2.41) and I think that means taking one in the first round.

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I agree that we may have to take one early, especially if lynch is let go. I’m warming up to jones. Some have him ranked ahead of Michel and guice. Biggest concern with him is size. Very versatile back though.

Guice, Michel, and Jones occupy the same tier for most draft analysts. Jones' size for me makes him more of an enigma. Not many guys thrive at his size and when they do, they're a constant threat for injury.

Four 6th round comp picks added to our draft.  That's huge. Reggie's always found someone in the 6th or 7th round who can come in and contribute or be a decent backup. Gives him more ammo, or now that we can trade comp picks, go up and get an extra 5th or possibly 4th without losing out too much. 

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

Four 6th round comp picks added to our draft.  That's huge. Reggie's always found someone in the 6th or 7th round who can come in and contribute or be a decent backup. Gives him more ammo, or now that we can trade comp picks, go up and get an extra 5th or possibly 4th without losing out too much. 

he's gotta make up for his second round pick failures somehow lol

Archived