2020 Free Agent Thread

gopherwrestler

There are a lot of big contributors on that list. :|

If Waynes, Harris and Mac don't command a boatload of money, I'd love to see them stick around. They're the majority of our starting DB corps, not including an aging Smith and declining Rhodes (who needs to go). Waynes would be my top priority out of those 3. Hughes and Hill may be starting next season with even younger depth behind them.

Bailey and Colquitt are no-brainers. I think MN will be happy to pay them. Ham and Wilson should stick around, too. The team should also try to hang onto Dozier and Hill as cheap depth.

Everyone else on that list is pretty expendable IMO.

The biggest kick in the balls would be losing Dan Bailey and Britton Colquitt, both had fine seasons especially Bailey.  Keeping them is near top priority along with Anthony Harris.  The rest can all walk as far as I am concerned.  Treadwell I would not mind back for cheap, same with Dozier and Sendejo.  Would love Alexander but probably cannot afford him.  Ham is ok, sucks we let Blasingame go to the Titans.  Eric Wilson would love him back as well, Waynes sure but not at a high price point.

So Priority would go in this order I feel.

Anthony Harris
Dan Bailey
Eric Wilson
Britton Colquitt

Would love to keep Griffen but could see if he walks.  At safety though if Harris is out they have little behind him in terms of good youth.  At CB at least they have Hughes, Hill and Boyd who might turn out and are still under contract.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Wilson is a RFA

Makes you wonder what the drop off would be if he started full time instead if Barr and they had that money to use on offensive line or on a 3 tech.

I think there will be a ton of moves made and money freed up. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out. I don't know that I am fully onboard with extending Cousins. It might free up money short term but then they are locked into him for more than this year. 

6 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Makes you wonder what the drop off would be if he started full time instead if Barr and they had that money to use on offensive line or on a 3 tech.

I think there will be a ton of moves made and money freed up. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out. I don't know that I am fully onboard with extending Cousins. It might free up money short term but then they are locked into him for more than this year. 

I thought the same last year and was glad to see the Jets going hard after him. I wanted Matt Paradis as a agent instead. I don’t think he played all that well last year, but they would have ended up drafting someone other than Bradbury. Maybe Dillard or a DT?

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I thought the same last year and was glad to see the Jets going hard after him. I wanted Matt Paradis as a agent instead. I don’t think he played all that well last year, but they would have ended up drafting someone other than Bradbury. Maybe Dillard or a DT?

I still think they should've picked him ahead of Bradburry. Having him and O'Neill as bookend tackles for potentially the next 10 years would've been huge. Now they still have that question mark at LT. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Fobos said:

If Waynes, Harris and Mac don't command a boatload of money, I'd love to see them stick around. They're the majority of our starting DB corps, not including an aging Smith and declining Rhodes (who needs to go). Waynes would be my top priority out of those 3. Hughes and Hill may be starting next season with even younger depth behind them.

Bailey and Colquitt are no-brainers. I think MN will be happy to pay them. Ham and Wilson should stick around, too. The team should also try to hang onto Dozier and Hill as cheap depth.

I wouldn't want to lose Harris or Alexander.  I'd like to keep Waynes, if he can accept a team-friendly deal.  I think Hughes could start next season. 

8 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I still think they should've picked him ahead of Bradburry. Having him and O'Neill as bookend tackles for potentially the next 10 years would've been huge. Now they still have that question mark at LT. 

In terms of year one performance, they should have picked a lot of guys before Bradbury, Risner would be my #1 and Dillard probably 2nd option but he could not play OG.  Hell Risner could have played OT, OG or C arguably, did it in college and he had great rookie year!  Hopefully Bradbury improves next year but that poor OG play on either side of him does not help I am sure.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:12 PM, Sir Fobos said:

Trae all things considered (replacement cost, age, position value) should be the team’s number 1 priority to resign. I do think though considering after tags, considering age/talent he’ll be corner 1-3 on the market is going to command uncomfortable money 4/50-60m. It will be interesting