2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Hear me out guys. Clear your mind.

Breshad Perriman on a cheap deal?

NO, he finished with some nice games, but he was hot and cold with the Bucs as well. He was also responsible for ridiculous gaffess on the Bucs offense, running into guys, running the wrong routes, not being aware of the ball in the air and he was specifially pointed out on a couple of Winstons interceptions due to Perrimans lack of awareness.

I'm not sure we'll see anything other significant move made in free agency. The team needs cap space for the draft class and they always keep some handy for later on in training camp and final roster cuts. McFarland is projecting somewhere around $10 million available after the new contracts for Campbell and Ward become official. hat sounds about right for the amount to sit on for a while. 

Unless something happens with Judon. Getting that big cap number down in one way or another would help set the stage for another quality free agent to be brought in. I don't think there's much else in terms of restructures that the team has left available. At least ones that make sense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Cleaned up the first post after seeing who the Ravens didn't keep on reserves/futures deals. This should be the correct current roster of guys under contract or about to be in terms of Brockers and Ward.

QB: Lamar Jackson / Robert Griffin III / Trace McSorley

RB: Mark Ingram / Justice Hill

FB: Patrick Ricard 

WR: Willie Snead / Marquise Brown / Miles Boykin / Jaleel Scott / De'Anthony Thomas / Sean Modster / Antoine Wesley

TE: Nick Boyle / Mark Andrews / Charles Scarff

OT: Ronnie Stanley / Orlando Brown / Andre Smith / Will Holden 

OG: Bradley Bozeman / Ben Powers / R.J. Prince

C: Patrick Mekari

DL: Brandon Williams / Calais Campbell / Michael Brockers / Chris Wormley / Justin Ellis / Daylon Mack / Ufomba Kamalu

OLB: Jaylon Ferguson / Tyus Bowser / Jihad Ward / Michael Onuoha / Aaron Adeoye

ILB: L.J. Fort / Chris Board / Otaro Alaka

CB: Marlon Humphrey / Marcus Peters / Tavon Young / Anthony Averett / Iman Marshall / Terrell Bonds

S: Earl Thomas / Chuck Clark / Deshon Elliot / Jordan Richards

K: Justin Tucker

P: Sam Koch

LS: Morgan Cox

Judon, Skura, and Edwards all have unsigned tenders. 

Clarifying question... because Edwards is on a ERFA tender, could we realistically offer him a contract extension despite only being two years in? Wondering if he has a legitimate ability to hold out.  Not super concerned about it, but given some chatter in the past around his agent change, seems like it might be something with a non-completely zero probability. Without going too far down the rabbit hole on something with a small chance of happening (if it's even possible based on clarification above), I would think he'd be better served playing in 2020 and looking for 31 teams to potentially pry him away at RFA.

24 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Clarifying question... because Edwards is on a ERFA tender, could we realistically offer him a contract extension despite only being two years in? Wondering if he has a legitimate ability to hold out.  Not super concerned about it, but given some chatter in the past around his agent change, seems like it might be something with a non-completely zero probability. Without going too far down the rabbit hole on something with a small chance of happening (if it's even possible based on clarification above), I would think he'd be better served playing in 2020 and looking for 31 teams to potentially pry him away at RFA.

The way that would work is the Ravens rescind the ERFA tender and then just sign Edwards to a new contract. Edwards could hold out and just not sign the ERFA tender... but that's about all the leverage he has. I wouldn't worry about it.

57 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

The way that would work is the Ravens rescind the ERFA tender and then just sign Edwards to a new contract. Edwards could hold out and just not sign the ERFA tender... but that's about all the leverage he has. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not. Just thinking through that it's theoretically possible. Unlike the Jason LaCanforta story about how the Ravens should have signed Marlon Humphrey to a LTD last offseason when it wasn't permitted at all by the CBA.

30 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If Clowney is looking at short-term options right now I hope we are all over this right now selling him on how much money he could make after showcasing for a year in Wink's system with that fat defensive line clearing the way for him. 

while having a legit shot at the SB. sounds good to me.

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If Clowney is looking at short-term options right now I hope we are all over this right now selling him on how much money he could make after showcasing for a year in Wink's system with that fat defensive line clearing the way for him. 

Sign Clowney to a deal roughly the size of Judon's tag (maybe a little more on top), then deal Judon for a 2021 2nd rounder if pushing the value out a year is what it takes to get it done. We already have a full draft worth of picks from rounds 1-4 and likely aren't going to see much from the comp pick formula in 2021 anyway. We would end up with (1) a better, potentially dominant player for 2020, (2) add a 2021 2nd rounder, and (3) almost guarantee a 2022 3rd round comp pick (Clowney gets a massive payday next offseason and we will likely not be players in FA at all).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Well if they tried to sign JPP I don't see why they wouldn't be interested in Griffen or think he wouldn't be a fit.

Eh... two different types of guys. JPP has always been an elite athlete. Everson Griffen not so much. He's good but I don't know if a transition to more of a stand-up role is in the cards for him. Especially at age 32.