Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

I don't get it. They have 3 pretty effective RB's, but an AWFUL defense.

They've done a lot of work to that defense this off season. They've added Campbell, Jessie Bates, Okudah, David Onyemata, Mike Hughes, Kaden Elliss. There's not really a defensive player I'm likely to love at  either, tbh. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Trojan said:

You get Trey Lance in trade if you pass on QB. It's not like they don't get a yougn franchise guy. If Trey sucks you have ammo to swing again in 2024. If Bryce was your guy and Bryce goes one, and you don't believe in Stroud//Levis/Richardson, but your new HC whose defense relies on the wide nine edge rusher loves his guy you take what your coach wants imo. If Demeco likes Trey and his OC from PFF/SF likes Trey. Trade for Trey. Will Anderson and or Tyree Wilson are big time hits in the system if they hit.

I just don't think the Lance thing is as feasible as people want to think because his name is out there. I just don't think that anyone is going to want to give up what it would take. 

What would it take for SF to trade Lance anyway? They've publicly said he's not available, is that merely posturing, hoping for a big offer or do they mean it? My guess would be the latter. They gave up 3 firsts for him so trading him they'd probably want at least a couple of firsts back but who would pay that much for him at this point?

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just don't think the Lance thing is as feasible as people want to think because his name is out there. I just don't think that anyone is going to want to give up what it would take. 

I don't think what it would take is all that expensive. It's not taking 12. It's not taking a '24 1st. If the 49ers wanted 12 for Trey and one of the 49ers 3 3rds and a 2024 first I think I'd take that as the Texans. Having SF + HOU + CLE firsts would control 2024 draft with a year of Demeco having evaluated his roster. Getting the Nick Bosa is too important to not take it at 2 or maybe 4 if they can get Indy to flip.

Just now, Trojan said:

I don't think what it would take is all that expensive. It's not taking 12. It's not taking a '24 1st. If the 49ers wanted 12 for Trey and one of the 49ers 3 3rds and a 2024 first I think I'd take that as the Texans. Having SF + HOU + CLE firsts would control 2024 draft with a year of Demeco having evaluated his roster. Getting the Nick Bosa is too important to not take it at 2 or maybe 4 if they can get Indy to flip.

I don't think anyone is even going to offer a second, and I don't think it would take much more than that. I just don't think anyone is willing to pay even that. 

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

NFLN is much better IMO, though you can flip between the two to find your preference. The only thing ESPN really has is their iconic jingle but I've grown similarly fond of the NFLN jingle since I've watched it for so many years.

ESPN's presentation is way better IMO.  I usually watch them on day 1 and 2, then day 3 i watch NFL Network because they actually do a good job breaking down prospects in the late rounds.

Why would you finalize a pick to 3 with uncertainty over what the Texans do at two. If you trade to 3 and want Stroud/Levis/Richardson, then the Texans actually want a non-QB they flip to Colts and you gamble not getting the one you wanted. I get if it is a finalize and we agree once ARI is OTC but to agree and trade now seems wrong.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Why would you finalize a pick to 3 with uncertainty over what the Texans do at two. If you trade to 3 and want Stroud/Levis/Richardson, then the Texans actually want a non-QB they flip to Colts and you gamble not getting the one you wanted. I get if it is a finalize and we agree once ARI is OTC but to agree and trade now seems wrong.

unless it's the Texans the one who is trading up from 12.