Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It sounds like Washington isn't budging out of #2 so the Pats better hope they go Maye in that case.

I don't think Washington is taking Daniels, but we will see. 

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Little draft anecdote I’ve not shared on here before but that Belichick’s appearance on McAfee last week reminded me of. A good friend of mine used to write draft articles for a UK based draft site and would fly over to the US every year for the senior bowl and combine. He stopped doing it when he became a dad but built up a decent network of contacts in the NFL scouting community.

One draft about 6-7 years ago he’s putting together his final mock and he calls a good friend of his who’s a Patriots scout at the time. He goes through a list of about 20 guys trying to get some intel.

The scout replies, verbatim, the exact same response to each guy:

”We think that guy is a good player. The Patriots are interested in all good players”.

That story always makes me laugh because I can imagine Belichick himself saying almost exactly that whenever anyone tried to pry information out of him. 

Sounds like a guy who is pure NE Patriots

Or one who knows that maybe, just maybe his phone is bugged because Belichick is that crazy

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adamq said:

That's basically how I see it. Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Penix does get taken in the 20's though. Teens would surprise me

Honestly, Minnesota is the lynchpin of the entire draft.  IF they move up to grab their QB, do Denver or Las Vegas feel significant amount of pressure to move up the board to grab QB5?  Or do they prefer a more modest trade-up that probably doesn't cost a lot with say Atlanta or Chicago if they want to ensure they get their QB?  If Minnesota opts against moving up, do they feel pressure moving up knowing that Minnesota is almost assuredly going to take Penix at 11?  I still think Las Vegas is the most likely to take Penix.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Washington is taking Daniels, but we will see. 

I don't know why people keep saying this. It's being reported by so many reputable people for weeks now that Daniels is going 2nd to Washington. Maybe the league is not as high on Maye as a lot of internet draft analysts are.

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't know why people keep saying this. It's being reported by so many reputable people for weeks now that Daniels is going 2nd to Washington. Maybe the league is not as high on Maye as a lot of internet draft analysts are.

Or Commanders fans holding out hope it's not Daniels.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

So many reputable people said for weeks that the niners were going with Mac Jones at 3. 

I also never indicated that I thought the pick was maye ;)

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, Minnesota is the lynchpin of the entire draft.  IF they move up to grab their QB, do Denver or Las Vegas feel significant amount of pressure to move up the board to grab QB5?  Or do they prefer a more modest trade-up that probably doesn't cost a lot with say Atlanta or Chicago if they want to ensure they get their QB?  If Minnesota opts against moving up, do they feel pressure moving up knowing that Minnesota is almost assuredly going to take Penix at 11?  I still think Las Vegas is the most likely to take Penix.

No one is trading up into the top 10 for Penix. I don’t even think he’s really in the conversation for those teams at 11-12-13

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

No one is trading up into the top 10 for Penix. I don’t even think he’s really in the conversation for those teams at 11-12-13

I mean, if Las Vegas really likes him I'd imagine Chicago would probably flip picks with them for a 3rd.  I'm not saying a team is going to move up like 10+ spots for him, but a move up the board like 3 or 4 spots doesn't seem unreasonable.

Just now, CWood21 said:

It feels like the Mac Jones-to-SF NGL

Daniels to Washington would be much more comparable to Mac Jones to SF given he's been the leader for a good chunk of it and the voices were everywhere. 

McCarthy would be the trey Lance

• Like 1