Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Only trade back if your guy isn't there imo. 

The process is sound. But if Maye isn't one of your guys, you have to really start questioning their scouts and evaluations. In my opinion, at least.

• Like 2

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

He's brutal in the run game though. Need to improve there. That would be my hesitancy of spending a late 1st or early 2nd on him.

We are having the same conversation in the 49er forum because supposedly the niners really like him. Shanny has always largely put the emphasis on the run game, so that caught us really off guard because we agree, he's  brutal in the run game. 

However, he has some pass game stuff to clean up, but he could be absolutely dominant in that regard...and given it's a passing league, I really don't mind targeting that trait. Brock Purdy really bailed out the offensive line in the pass blocking game last year and subpar pass protection has played a key role in the loss of two super bowls for the niners (though admittedly both were issues at RG more so than RT) 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See, imo, this is the wrong way of thinking.  QBs are hard to come by, as are top 3 picks.  If you think one of these QBs is a guy going forward, you're crazy not to take him.  The goal doesn't have to be contend in your QB's rookie season.  Goal number 1 is just to have a damn QB.

That's why I don't really care (I do, but) on the Commanders pick at #2, just shoot your shot with a QB. I prefer Maye the most, but am fine with Jayden, and hate JJ but you gotta shoot your shot with the most important position. 

42 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The process is sound. But if Maye isn't one of your guys, you have to really start questioning their scouts and evaluations. In my opinion, at least.

Just can’t see it if he’s available

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Per Schefter on Mcafee, the Giants and Vikings are the most active teams trying to trade up to #3 overall.

If y'all end up with Drake Maye, I really hope that you can at least get him some semblance of a weapon because right now it looks brutal.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If New England is giving legitimate thought to moving that pick, I'm guessing that they may only have one preferred QB and if he's not there, they are good with moving the pick. 

I feel bad for whatever QB winds up in New England frankly.

1 hour ago, Flatlyner said:

If I'm the GM of the Pats, I'm trading back for as much as I can get.   Pats are not a QB away from contending.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

See, imo, this is the wrong way of thinking.  QBs are hard to come by, as are top 3 picks.  If you think one of these QBs is a guy going forward, you're crazy not to take him.  The goal doesn't have to be contend in your QB's rookie season.  Goal number 1 is just to have a damn QB.

There's a difference between being not being a QB away from contending, and being so disastrously devoid of talent that any QB drafted there sans a Caleb Williams is going to be ruined by the absolutely atrocious supporting cast, and likely flops of a coaching staff. New England should look to acquire as much future capital as possible. Tank this whole season. 

I don't know what it is, but I am NOT a fan of those late bloomers in college at QB. Guys like Pickett, Nix, Penix, Daniels who've been at college since Vietnam and then suddenly their 18th season at age 37 they break out.

What's more disturbing is how I knew it in my soul that Joe Burrow was the exception to this rule.

13 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I can see it because it's Kliff Kingsbury, and Kliff Kingsbury is a moron. Let's hope he's not given free reign for the Commanders sake.