Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

29 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

They probably won't do this, but I think the Vikings should stay where they are at both spots. Pick Byron Murphy at 11 and Michael Penix at 23.

Penix won't be there at 23.

Some interesting betting lines out there.

Johnny Newton's over/under is 31.5(!) Penix is 32.5, favored heavily on the latter. JJ is heavily backed under 5.5. Brian Thomas is heavily back on the over at 19.5. Chop Robinson is heavily backed on the under 25.5. 

19 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Johnny Newton's over/under is 31.5(!) Penix is 32.5, favored heavily on the latter. JJ is heavily backed under 5.5. Brian Thomas is heavily back on the over at 19.5. Chop Robinson is heavily backed on the under 25.5. 

There’s some rumours doing the rounds that Newton isn’t as highly rated in the NFL as he is by the internet and that it wouldn’t be a shock to see him fall out of R1.

Thomas is good but not many WR needy teams in the teens. I expect a bit of a run on OT and CB after the top three receivers go.

JJ should be top 5 as I think either the Cardinals or Chargers will trade back.

Penix has a shot to go R1 but I think R2 more likely. Nix might fall to R3.

Chop should go R1 but top 25 might be too early. 

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is this sports books responding to betting money or trying to influence money to cover potential losses?

It’s entirely market driven. McCarthy has come down because one large or many small bets have been placed on him.

It begs the question, has the money come in because someone in the know has lumped money on it or is everyone sticking $5 because some talking head in Western Azerbaijan put it in his mock draft?

37 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

It’s entirely market driven. McCarthy has come down because one large or many small bets have been placed on him.

It begs the question, has the money come in because someone in the know has lumped money on it or is everyone sticking $5 because some talking head in Western Azerbaijan put it in his mock draft?

I don't think it's entirely just the market... it's being adjusted based on information coming out too. They're ahead of what the market wants to do at times.  

13 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Saw a link on reddit that Bo Nix has met in some capacity with all 32 teams. 

You might be able to argue he could make sense for all 32 in some capacity lol. You could see him as a viable starter, a cheap, ready to go backup, or a development for an aging QB. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We did. Same thing with Mac Jones and SF a few years ago.

Yep. While I still believe Maye is the pick for Washington, and it's all being overthought, Daniels obviously wouldn't surprise me. That said McCarthy absolutely would and I think we're overthinking the hell out of that one. 

• Like 1