Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

17 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Absolutely should be ignored. An annoyed agent doesn't change evaluations on a player.

It is absolutely very funny though. I understand wanting to have competition and everything, but looking at this strictly from like a job interview viewpoint, they just made those guys go through a group interview. There is nothing as demeaning and annoying as a group interview from an employee's standpoint.

It does provide a teeny bit of insight. If legitimate, it means Daniels and/or his agent haven’t yet been informed he’ll be the selection at 2. Also, you would think the agent would be satisfied with the communication between front office and player if Daniels was zeroed in on the guy at 2. 

This is also coming from someone (me) who thinks it’s been Maye all along.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'll be fairly surprised if the Cardinals move from 4.  They have a ton of draft capital already, so it doesn't make sense to move down from a possibly generational receiver, especially when receiver is a need for them.

QBs at 1-3 and 5 makes more sense imo.

If they can move back up and still grab MHJ (or Nabers), why wouldn't they?  I mean, they'd be best served by maximizing their return on that #4 pick, and taking a fortune from Minnesota (or another team) and then pivot back up the board.  I have to imagine the Chargers at #5 are open for business.  If you could turn 4, 35, and 105 into 5, 23, and a '25 FRP, you'd have to do that in a heartbeat.

On the Saturday morning SportsCenter, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported the Jets are "all in for 2024" and would consider Georgia tight end Brock Bowers with the No. 10 pick if Rodgers wants a tight end:

"He's the top tight end in the draft but it's hard to peg where he's going to go exactly because he's largely considered a top-10 type player but when I talk to teams, some of them are skeptical of whether he actually goes in that range or does he fall back to say the Colts at 15, the Bengals at 18? So, he'll go fairly high in the first round but he might not be that slam dunk, top-10 player. A lot depends on the Jets because they've got Aaron Rodgers, they are all in for 2024. So, if they're doing the long play they might take an offensive tackle or something that's not as sexy and play for the long future but they're all in now so if Rodgers wants a tight end, he might get his guy."

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

How did draft media get this so 

Maybe if that swings to a crazy -4000 number there'd be a hint, but right now the books are just evening out their risk and reacting to the money coming in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If they can move back up and still grab MHJ (or Nabers), why wouldn't they?  I mean, they'd be best served by maximizing their return on that #4 pick, and taking a fortune from Minnesota (or another team) and then pivot back up the board.  I have to imagine the Chargers at #5 are open for business.  If you could turn 4, 35, and 105 into 5, 23, and a '25 FRP, you'd have to do that in a heartbeat.

It’s hard to argue with the amount of picks from Minnesota but I’d rather trade with the Giants for two 2’s and maybe the Chargers take someone other than MHJ.  There’s also no guarantee you can move back up from #11.  If you can’t get one of the big-3 you’re probably calling Cincy and trading a first for Higgins.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

if Rodgers wants a tight end

This is the thing I don't get about the "Bowers to the Jets" talk-  Aaron Rodgers does not like throwing to the middle of the field; why would he want a tight end and not like "a boundary receiver".

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

It’s hard to argue with the amount of picks from Minnesota but I’d rather trade with the Giants for two 2’s and maybe the Chargers take someone other than MHJ.  There’s also no guarantee you can move back up from #11.  If you can’t get one of the big-3 you’re probably calling Cincy and trading a first for Higgins.

If I'm the Bengals I would make that deal, providing they can get Brian Thomas at 18. But Duke Tobin and Mike Brown probably won't trade Higgins at all. 

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is the thing I don't get about the "Bowers to the Jets" talk-  Aaron Rodgers does not like throwing to the middle of the field; why would he want a tight end and not like "a boundary receiver".

Has Rodgers ever really had a good TE? I feel like it’s always been some “meh”guy. 

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Has Rodgers ever really had a good TE? I feel like it’s always been some “meh”guy. 

Yeah I feel like Conklin is right there in that Tonyan range. Not a gamebreaker by sny means but still a quality starter with good hands. I think they'd be better off adding at WR

Edited by adamq

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If I'm the Bengals I would make that deal, providing they can get Brian Thomas at 18. But Duke Tobin and Mike Brown probably won't trade Higgins at all. 

So they plan on paying him long term or just want to get blown away in a trade?

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Jermichael Finley was awesome for like 30 seconds. He’s been the best one to my memory. 

I’m not buying into this “Arizona is going to trade down, pocket a lot of the ransom and then come back up to 5” stuff.

If LAC is willing to move down for less of a ransom then why wouldn’t the Vikings just trade with them instead?

The Chargers and Vikings would be smart to call Arizona’s bluff and agree a deal that wouldn’t cost as much as moving up to 4 but would get the Chargers a better ransom than trading back with Arizona would after the QBs are gone.

Having said that I have a feeling one of the QBs might slide into the back end of the top 10 and one of MIN/LV/DEN might be able to move up relatively cheaply by trading with the Falcons or Bears instead of moving into the top 5.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

If LAC is willing to move down for less of a ransom then why wouldn’t the Vikings just trade with them instead?

What's stopping Arizona from trading down out of #4 to another team like the Raiders or Broncos?  If the Vikings trade up before that #4 pick is submitted, they run the risk of the Cardinals moving their pick to a QB-needy team and they're stuck picking QB5.

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What's stopping Arizona from trading down out of #4 to another team like the Raiders or Broncos?  If the Vikings trade up before that #4 pick is submitted, they run the risk of the Cardinals moving their pick to a QB-needy team and they're stuck picking QB5.

I don't think the Broncos have the draft capital to go up that high.