Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

31 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Joe Schoen mentioned as well that he was surprised that he has received so many calls from people behind them asking about trading up to 6. That could be for a QB, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, because lots of GMs are preparing for QBs 1-4, either Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr would be available at 6.

I'll be fairly surprised if the Cardinals move from 4.  They have a ton of draft capital already, so it doesn't make sense to move down from a possibly generational receiver, especially when receiver is a need for them.

QBs at 1-3 and 5 makes more sense imo.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who is your CB1 this year? Arnold, Mitchell, other?

Arnold and Mitchell are so close as prospects to me.  I would lean towards Arnold slightly.  I hope neither gets picked by an AFC South team. 

Just now, Daniel said:

I'll be fairly surprised if the Cardinals move from 4.  They have a ton of draft capital already, so it doesn't make sense to move down from a possibly generational receiver, especially when receiver is a need for them.

QBs at 1-3 and 5 makes more sense imo.

If the talk out of Denver and Minnesota, from Payton and Kwesi respectively, is any indication, there are going to be some insane offers sent the Cardinals way for 4. And Monti Ossenfort isn't shy about moving around the draft board like the metalloid maniac. "The board is his ground". Who says the Cardinals can't trade out of 4, but then trade back to 5 for MHJr?

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How much higher is he than Arnold in your opinion? 

Not much.  Arnold is more of a ready product, but Mitchell has significantly higher upside.  He's got the athleticism to be elite, and has looked stellar every time he's been looked at during the postseason.  Looks more like the ascending player.

But I do think Arnold is pretty close, and I could see a universe where he's ranked higher than Mitchell.  I made a BB list recently and had Mitchell at 11 and Arnold at 15.  Of course, those lists are far from set, so ask me to make a BB today and it might move around a little.

For context, I had Byron Murphy at 10, Mims at 12, Johnny Newton at 13, Fautanu at 14, and Dallas Turner at 16.  The next CBs I had were DeJean at 23, and McKinstry at 25.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Also, I will add that Arnold seems really likable.  I assume his intangibles are great.

He had one of my favorite interviews.  Grew up with his grandparents, up at 5.am everyday, doesn't drink, awesome kid.

Hes also a year and a half younger than Mitchell and I think has better agility and redirection.  Mitchell has better long speed.

Both will be very good imo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If the talk out of Denver and Minnesota, from Payton and Kwesi respectively, is any indication, there are going to be some insane offers sent the Cardinals way for 4. And Monti Ossenfort isn't shy about moving around the draft board like the metalloid maniac. "The board is his ground". Who says the Cardinals can't trade out of 4, but then trade back to 5 for MHJr?

Could be a very realistic possibility.

Get a little better capital, "trade down" one spot to 5 and still get your guy.

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Could be a very realistic possibility.

Get a little better capital, "trade down" one spot to 5 and still get your guy.

That assumes that Harbaugh wants to pass on MHJ after getting rid of all of Herberts targets this offseason.

And I don't think you can make that assumption.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

That assumes that Harbaugh wants to pass on MHJ after getting rid of all of Herberts targets this offseason.

And I don't think you can make that assumption.

Very fair point. Could be the case. But these deals high up in the draft have their basis created this week and over the weekend. "Hey, if our guy is there, what would it take for us to move up to your spot from X?". It wouldn't be a game time decision for either war room. If the Cardinals think they can move down then back up with the Chargers, they'll do it.