Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Peter has a large amount of access to McVay so I'm going forward with this idea. Been thinking for a long time it would be a WR in the first. 

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1780222514712674549?t=KB7xwGA65sOzQzVsZoOP_w&s=19

The fact that McVay has never taken a FRP is nuts.

Also he Schrager makes it sound like McVay has final say on the prospect. Shouldn't it be Snead?

Just now, General Tso said:

Trade Deebo after this year (or even the trade deadline if you're somehow terrible). Extend Aiyuk.

I want to trade deebo now lol....but yeah, I think / hope that is the plan. 

Aiyuk is a guy who could still be on the team in 5 years. Deebo has 2 years left and is already 28. I don't think you're re-signing him at 30. 

I think the niners will definitely listen to offers, but they've been pretty clear that the intent is to lock him up long term. And we go through this every year with the niners because they never sign their guys to their extensions until July / August (or in Bosa's case, September). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I want to trade deebo now lol....but yeah, I think / hope that is the plan. 

Aiyuk is a guy who could still be on the team in 5 years. Deebo has 2 years left and is already 28. I don't think you're re-signing him at 30. 

I think the niners will definitely listen to offers, but they've been pretty clear that the intent is to lock him up long term. And we go through this every year with the niners because they never sign their guys to their extensions until July / August (or in Bosa's case, September). 

Aiyuk showed up to voluntary minicamp yesterday.

If anything, that not only shows he isn't leaving, but that they're close enough on a deal that he feels good about coming in.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Also he Schrager makes it sound like McVay has final say on the prospect. Shouldn't it be Snead?

Ita generally regarded as a 2 man approach. They seem to be pretty in synch and have done well together but with offensive players I can see McVay having the final say. They have also historically greatly empowered their position coaches and coordinators.

And yeah he's only had a first one other time and I think it was 31 after losing to the Patriots a.d we traded down. The rest have gone to Goff, Ramsey and Stafford. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Go get yourself a Bo Nix, mcvay!

I suddenly want something very uncomfortable to happen to you. I wonder if we can have Jimmy G QB the game to knock the Niners out of the playoffs 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

A little more insight in them working together. Looks like Les has the idea on who he is and goes to Sean for a this cool with you or what do you think. And Sean backs him and it works.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 10:55 AM, paul-mac said:

Point I’m trying to make is that I can’t really think of an example of a QB in recent memory where the league is lower on a guy than the draftniks and the league was proved wrong. Maybe Aaron Rodgers, but I wasn’t around back then to know if the armchair guys ranked him highly.

The way I remember it, it was either Alex Smith or Rodgers & nobody knew. But the concensus was that whichever one the Niners didn't take, would fall at least into the teens 

For some reason a lot of teams in the top 10 were a-ok with their 35+ year old washed QBs

It’s nuts that the Rams last first round pick was Jared Goff in 2016. Since then, they traded their 2017 pick as part of the Goff deal, their 2018 one for Cooks, traded out of the first round in 2019, the next two went for Jalen Ramsey and the last two went for Stafford. 

Random thoughts I’ve picked up from reading mocks/listening to podcasts/twitter

Top 6 likely to be 4 QBs and 2 WRs in some order 

Joe Alt to the Titans - unless LAC take him at 5

Odunze and Bowers likely sneak into the top 10 then we’ll get a run on OL and defenders in the teens 

Seahawks love Troy Fautanu. Chargers love Latham and will probably take him if they trade back.

Steelers and Dolphins both like Graham Barton, Colts like Cooper Dejean. Jags love Odunze but they’d need to trade into the top 10 for him. If they stay put it’ll probably be a corner.

Byron Murphy and Johnny Newton could both go top 15, maybe one even sneaks into the top 10.

Mitchell is expected to be the first corner ahead of Dejean and Arnold.

This last one is just a hunch from me. Sean Payton will try and move down from 12 and then take Bo Nix in the late 1st or 2nd, but if he can’t find a trade partner then he will go BPA at 12 and give up next year’s 1st rounder to get Nix.