Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think those 2 are the main guys that are going to screw up everyone's mock drafts. I can't seem to find landing spots inside the top-16 for them whenever I make a mock draft, but in reality, they'll probably BOTH go top-16.

Lmao - same 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Forge said:

KIper has him at 47 in his final mock draft. 

Bill williamson said on his pod that he's hearing medical flags (possible concussions) 

I wouldn't take Troy Franklin until round 4. He's basically the same as a terrible bust the  Eagles has in the McNabb era, Todd Pinkston.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think those 2 are the main guys that are going to screw up everyone's mock drafts. I can't seem to find landing spots inside the top-16 for them whenever I make a mock draft, but in reality, they'll probably BOTH go top-16.

Are you looking at team needs for 2024 or both 2024 and 2025?

There are enough teams that use premium picks on best player / value that is filling a potential need a year ahead as much as the current year.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Darius Robinson stands out as a weird choice, and I'm lower on Brian Thomas Jr. than most people and probably the NFL itself.

Honestly, not really.  I think he's probably higher on team's boards than draftniks have him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, not really.  I think he's probably higher on team's boards than draftniks have him.

Possible but there’s at least one prospect every year that spends the entire first round sitting in that room. He’d be the prime candidate from that list. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Very interesting.. especially that Nix was visited with by so many teams at the combine, and none of them bothered following up. 3rd round pick at best imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Very interesting.. especially that Nix was visited with by so many teams at the combine, and none of them bothered following up. 3rd round pick at best imo

The source is Walterfootball though, and he misses a lot until after the draft.  Grain of salt.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, goldfishwars said:

Broncos being the only other team to meet with Caleb is peak comedy 

Matt Eberflus said the Bears have already started teaching Caleb Williams their offense. It's pretty obvious who's drafting him. If you're an American military officer in World War II, you don't tell classified war information to a guy who has a chance of joining the German army.

Edited by Mr.UFO

On 4/11/2024 at 6:17 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

Here's who's attending the draft: 

Darius Robinson stands out as a weird choice, and I'm lower on Brian Thomas Jr. than most people and probably the NFL itself.

So Caleb wants to go ahead and get booed in person right out of the gate.