Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Bruce Feldman just dropped a mock draft. It includes coaches quotes on every prospect, which while really great reading, is unfortunately the only worthwhile thing in it. He messed up his trade values and which teams had which picks; the Vikings somehow trade up to both picks 4 and 17 from 11 and 23, even though they don't own a 2nd or 3rd this year and already traded their 2nd in 2025. Kinda messes up the whole draft.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Interesting. 

Love this. Thanks for sharing.

When I'm looking at draft trade value charts, I'm looking for how they relate to reality. No matter how good or groundbreaking these new charts may be, they differ wildly from reality.

I'm sticking with the Rich Hill chart for making trades in mock drafts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Bruce Feldman just dropped a mock draft. It includes coaches quotes on every prospect, which while really great reading, is unfortunately the only worthwhile thing in it. He messed up his trade values and which teams had which picks; the Vikings somehow trade up to both picks 4 and 17 from 11 and 23, even though they don't own a 2nd or 3rd this year and already traded their 2nd in 2025. Kinda messes up the whole draft.

That's funny. Twisting reality may work for movies (people riding flying dragons, or Harry Potter performing actual magic), but not so much for mock drafts.

Edited by Mr.UFO

16 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

That's funny. Twisting reality may work for movies (people riding flying dragons, or Harry Potter performing actual magic), but not so much for mock drafts.

I think he just genuinely got confused lol

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

A very interesting mock draft from Chad Reuter. Would be strange to see Adonai Mitchell drop way into the 2nd round. Has Johnny Wilson and Ben Sinnott going ahead of him. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-2

The Titans taking Ladd McConkey over Cooper DeJean, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, and Adonai Mitchell seems wild af.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

The Titans taking Ladd McConkey over Cooper DeJean, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, and Adonai Mitchell seems wild af.

Having McConkey rated above the other WRs isn't that wild to me. It would also make sense in terms of setting up Levis to really see if he has any juice. That said, it'd be really hard for me to pass up DeJean or McKinstry if they fell that far. I'd probably take one of them (Dejean personally) and see if I could nab a Pearsall/Polk/name your flavor WR in round 3.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:29 PM, Teen Girl Squad said:

Agreed. There's a clear big 3 and the drop off is pretty significant after that. I think a lot of people casually will be surprised how few receivers come off day 1. Day 2 is going to be a WR every third pick practically though.

Fascinated by Atlanta at 8. If either Nabers or Odunze are there, they're likely BPA which is apparently Fontenot's MO.

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Fascinated by Atlanta at 8. If either Nabers or Odunze are there, they're likely BPA which is apparently Fontenot's MO.

That would really shake things up for sure.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 10:29 AM, Teen Girl Squad said:

Agreed. There's a clear big 3 and the drop off is pretty significant after that. I think a lot of people casually will be surprised how few receivers come off day 1. Day 2 is going to be a WR every third pick practically though.

I feel like we say this every year, and every year we see a bunch of WRs go off the board.  And it's a good WR class.  I'd imagine we're at a minimum of 4 WRs off the board in the first round, but probably either 5 or 6.

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Is BPA really Fonentot's MO?  His FRPs have been Bijan Robinson, Drake London, and Kyle Pitts as GM.  I can get them having Bijan Robinson as BPA, and I can understand about Pitts although I had Penei Sewell graded higher.  But Drake London wasn't BPA.  He wasn't even consensus WR1 in that draft.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is BPA really Fonentot's MO?  His FRPs have been Bijan Robinson, Drake London, and Kyle Pitts as GM.  I can get them having Bijan Robinson as BPA, and I can understand about Pitts although I had Penei Sewell graded higher.  But Drake London wasn't BPA.  He wasn't even consensus WR1 in that draft.

Yea. Drake London was Fontenot’s highest rated player on the board, according to him. I don’t agree, but every year he says he drafted the top player on their board and intends to do the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Yea. Drake London was Fontenot’s highest rated player on the board, according to him. I don’t agree, but every year he says he drafted the top player on their board and intends to do the same. 

Every year GMs say they take their highest rated player.  Every year.  I don't believe a word that comes out of most GMs mouths when they're talking in front of a microphone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Every year GMs say they take their highest rated player.  Every year.  I don't believe a word that comes out of most GMs mouths when they're talking in front of a microphone.

Okay

• Like 1