Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Moving on from Jones after that mega contract already?

It's reportedly what happened after he signed that contract that is concerning: poor play (some of which can be explained away to an extent), but the big ones are ANOTHER neck injury and a torn ACL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Moving on from Jones after that mega contract already?

Contract was built so it was effectively a 2 year, $82M deal.  They save nearly $20M if they release him after next year.  They could J1 him if they wanted to, but they really don't benefit by so doing.  I think you roll with Drew Lock as QB1 and a rookie while Daniel Jones starts the year on the PUP list, and eventually Daniel Jones gets his starting gig spot when he's healthy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, minutemancl said:

210 for Daniels makes me feel much better about him as a prospect. He's no longer an outlier; he's just smaller than average. Big difference. 

He also didn't run, probably because he packed on 15+ lbs in water weight. No chance he plays close to 210 on game day.

h6jt2mt.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Did anyone else see the video of Brian Kelly talking about all the tools Jayden Daniels offers then he ends it with how he'll do all of that "for Washington?"

I didn't see it but I think it's a lock at this point. The signing off Mariotta was the key for me. They went with the mobile vet option to keep the offense similar and they will hope that he can help the rookie through some of the growing pains mobile QBs face.

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

I didn't see it but I think it's a lock at this point. The signing off Mariotta was the key for me. They went with the mobile vet option to keep the offense similar and they will hope that he can help the rookie through some of the growing pains mobile QBs face.

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Good lord please 

https://x.com/CommandersFB1/status/1773428792721096774?s=20

Maybe it's edited? Otherwise it should be making more of a stink