Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its kind of wild that this tiny forum has that kind of pipeline. I'm almost wondering who's next.

This forum has a bigger reach than you think; back when I was in college I met two other posters on here.

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This forum has a bigger reach than you think; back when I was in college I met two other posters on here.

That is wild. To be fair, this forum used to be bigger before social media/Reddit absorbed a lot of the casual audience (despite the superior forum format). It makes more sense that up and coming aggregators/team employees etc... would have been here when there were fewer places to nerd out about football online. 

Feeling pretty full of myself for being in on Mccarthy somewhat early

Don't worry i ******* loved skyy Moore too

Unrelated but this is wild. Who does this dude think he's kidding

Edited by adamq

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Willing to be wrong on this, but wouldn’t shock me if Daniels was the 4th QB off the board. 

I would be very surprised.  He's QB3 off the board at worst case scenario IMO.

1 hour ago, Mr.UFO said:

Cardinals GM Monti Ossenfort said in a press conference that he is very willing to trade down from the #4 pick and is currently listening to offers.

You interpreted his presser worse than Dov Kleiman. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would be very surprised.  He's QB3 off the board at worst case scenario IMO.

I would be surprised, but not shocked. There's a lot to be impressed by and wary of when it comes to his evaluation. 

• One great season of college football, but only in his final year against younger competition
  • Bad pressure to sack % - one of the key carryover stats from college to pros
  • Thin frame, whilst consistently runs into heavy traffic
  • Doesn't throw with zip
  • Not nearly as comfortable throwing over the middle 

15 hours ago, adamq said:

Feeling pretty full of myself for being in on Mccarthy somewhat early

Don't worry i ******* loved skyy Moore too

Unrelated but this is wild. Who does this dude think he's kidding

I would think hindsight was at work here. No one thought Brady or Rice or or Jerry Rice or Joe Montana or John Stallworth were great prospects coming out of college.  Everyone had Deion and Sapp and Manning as great prospects.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

I would be surprised, but not shocked. There's a lot to be impressed by and wary of when it comes to his evaluation. 

• One great season of college football, but only in his final year against younger competition
  • Bad pressure to sack % - one of the key carryover stats from college to pros
  • Thin frame, whilst consistently runs into heavy traffic
  • Doesn't throw with zip
  • Not nearly as comfortable throwing over the middle 

If Caleb Williams wasn't in this year's draft, I'd be convinced he'd be the consensus QB1.  And not because I think he's this great QB prospect, but because he's got the helium the others don't.  Drake Maye despite all of his strengths was very underwhelming this year, especially down the stretch.  On paper, he looks like your prototypical QB prospect but the results didn't match.

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would think hindsight was at work here. No one thought Brady or Rice or or Jerry Rice or Joe Montana or John Stallworth were great prospects coming out of college.  Everyone had Deion and Sapp and Manning as great prospects.

Right, Tom Brady was a **** prospect. Jerry Rice was coveted to a certain point, but as the 16th overall pick.. (lol @ Cowboys) not a top tier prospect. But we live in a world where stupid "takes" = engagement which = money/attention.....