Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The Bears sent a huge offensive contingency to Oregon's pro day, including Eberflus and OC Shane Waldron. Were they just there for JPJ? WR and OL coaches were also there. Nobody else sent this many people. Do they like Troy Franklin that much? There's no way it was for Bo Nix, right?

Could be smokescreens too, teams know that sending/not sending XYZ coaches will carry connotations, one way or another. Doubt they’re in the mix for Nix.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

It can happen, though - remember how much noise there was around Levis at this point last year and he didn't even go first round. 

Just that they've met up and enjoyed their meetings. Eliot Wolf comes from GB school of scouting and might be lower on Daniels based on size thresholds which is something to consider. 

that is an interesting thought... what does NE do if the draft goes 

1. Caleb Williams
2.  Drake Maye

if NE is not high on Daniels, do they look to trade back or go MHJ?

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

1. Caleb Williams
2.  Drake Maye

It’s hard to imagine a scenario where it’s not either QB at #3 or trade down… Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Vikings could move up for whoever Washington doesn’t take (if the Pats aren’t sold on him).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It’s hard to imagine a scenario where it’s not either QB at #3 or trade down… Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Vikings could move up for whoever Washington doesn’t take (if the Pats aren’t sold on him).

so assuming a trade down, would NE roll with Brissett as the starter for 2024?

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so assuming a trade down, would NE roll with Brissett as the starter for 2024?

Prob draft a QB in that next tier.  I don’t think Brissett really matters in the equation all that much. 

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

1. Caleb Williams
2.  Drake Maye

Trade back would be my first guess. They haven’t been able to fill out a bad roster in free agency due to the cap rising.

If Patriots love McCarthy, they could take him at 3 but more likely trade down a small amount, ie with the Giants. If they trade down a lot, then they probably have Tannehill on speed dial as a stopgap or roll with Brissett and just try to add talent where ever they can, knowing it's a multi-year build. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

If Patriots love McCarthy, they could take him at 3 but more likely trade down a small amount, ie with the Giants. If they trade down a lot, then they probably have Tannehill on speed dial as a stopgap or roll with Brissett and just try to add talent where ever they can, knowing it's a multi-year build. 

If the Patriots love McCarthy, they'll take him at 3. You can't play around when it comes to QBs. The Patriots trading back to 3 so the Giants can take Maye/Daniels hoping that McCarthy falls to them at 6 is a recipe for disaster, especially when the Vikings are just waiting to pounce on one of these QBs and the Chargers are known to be open to moving back.

9 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

So what is JJ McCarthy's pro comp I've seen Mayfield and Alex Smith. I think to myself, why would teams clamor to trade up for such a low ceiling.

I think that if either of those QBs goes to a semi-functional/stable situation, the narrative is much different.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 8:09 PM, Ragnarok said:

I think that if either of those QBs goes to a semi-functional/stable situation, the narrative is much different.

I honestly don't think so. They didn't have the talent or command of their offense to boost the play of the players around them.