Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

No point for MHJ to test. He's already going to be the WR1 irregardless of what would happen on his pro-day. Must be the quietest pro day in the last 10 years for OSU 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

There's rumors that the Vikings are trying to trade both their current first round picks to the Patriots for the #3 pick.

I think they are going to have to give up more than that. Its going to be both picks this year and their first next year, I imagine. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nor should you. Franchise QB >>>>>>.

I am jealous the Vikings made that deal and seemingly have ammo to move up for a QB.

Just worried there’s too much smoke about Daniels going to the Commanders at 2. 

• Like 1

Will be relatively quiet in Columbus, with so many high-end draft prospects choosing to stay in school, no GMs or HCs scheduled to be there.

You would think they would want to see the Day 2 guys for Ohio State, like DT Michael Hall, ILB Tommy Eichenberg, and TE Cade Stover.

3 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

You would think they would want to see the Day 2 guys for Ohio State, like DT Michael Hall, ILB Tommy Eichenberg, and TE Cade Stover.

There's still regular scouts I'm sure.

Honestly, I think more and more teams are going down the Rams' line of thinking and opting out/limiting visits. The Rams FO believes the combine/lots of in game visits/pro days don't actually add a lot of useful data and are just outdated ways of 'feeling' productive rather than doing the work that meaningfully alters and improves decisions.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:38 PM, Mr.UFO said:

There's rumors that the Vikings are trying to trade both their current first round picks to the Patriots for the #3 pick.

I get the sense that NE is the team to take MINs offer. They’re not exactly attacking free agency like they’re setting up for a rookie QB, especially given how much cap they have.

@goldfishwars thoughts?

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I get the sense that NE is the team to take MINs offer. They’re not exactly attacking free agency like they’re setting up for a rookie QB, especially given how much cap they have.

@goldfishwars thoughts?

My thoughts are there’s probably one guy they like at 3 (Maye) and will get out if he’s not there, or they get an insane Vikings offer. Daniels and McCarthy feel like they’re being hyped to distract.