Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

15 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Don't be surprised if the niners take him at 31. 

At this juncture, I'm betting on him or rosengarten being the pick there but I'll see who the team brings in for their remaining visits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

At this juncture, I'm betting on him or rosengarten being the pick there but I'll see who the team brings in for their remaining visits

Could he really be a 1st rounder?

1 minute ago, nicfre2011 said:

Could he really be a 1st rounder?

Which one?  I will not be surprised if the niners take either at 31. 

Brugler has floated kneeland as a guy who could get into the first, and kiper has floated rosengarten multiple times as a first round possibility

22 hours ago, Forge said:

The Ravens could take either of those guys at 30 too and I wouldn't be overly surprised 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

The Ravens could take either of those guys at 30 too and I wouldn't be overly surprised 

If the Chiefs are at 32 and both of those guys are gone I would be happy. Them and Darius Robinson as well.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

How does Bowers not testing affect his draft stock? The correlation between elite athletes at TE and producing at an elite level in the NFL is crystal clear. That box now remains unchecked.

Don't think it'll matter much. I still think he goes in the mid to late teens

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

How does Bowers not testing affect his draft stock? The correlation between elite athletes at TE and producing at an elite level in the NFL is crystal clear. That box now remains unchecked.

Is it?

Not being facetious, genuinely curious. Because I know Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely both didn't test great, while a guy like Hayden Hurst tested better than both IIRC. I remember Ed Dickson testing better than Dennis Pitta. Pitts hasn't done a ton in the NFL up to this point. Gronk didn't test overly well. I'd be curious to see the numbers on that

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 2:25 AM, goldfishwars said:

I do believe that teams have told Schefter that, but that is insane to me. Drake Maye is maybe the most polarizing QB that I can remember between, apparently, what teams think and what the Draftnik community thinks. To the draftniks, he is clear #2, sometimes even #1 above Caleb Williams (see BleacherReport). To the NFL, he may be QB4.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I do believe that teams have told Schefter that, but that is insane to me. Drake Maye is maybe the most polarizing QB that I can remember between, apparently, what teams think and what the Draftnik community thinks. To the draftniks, he is clear #2, sometimes even #1 above Caleb Williams (see BleacherReport). To the NFL, he may be QB4.

Yeah, can only go on my evaluation that he's the clear number 2. Was listening to Jeremiah's recent podcast where he was talking about what the Patriots might do if Daniels is gone (i.e. trade back) and I was like 'well, celebrate?' I know people think there's a broad consensus on this class, but not sure that's the case when it comes to the league and their preference for the quarterbacks. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Is it?

Not being facetious, genuinely curious. Because I know Mark Andrews and Isaiah Likely both didn't test great, while a guy like Hayden Hurst tested better than both IIRC. I remember Ed Dickson testing better than Dennis Pitta. Pitts hasn't done a ton in the NFL up to this point. Gronk didn't test overly well. I'd be curious to see the numbers on that

Probably not safe to say tight ends need to be top tier athletes, but as per last season the top 6 stats producers all had a RAS above 9. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I feel like it’s fairly regular for one of the consensus top QB prospects to be more highly rated by draftniks than the league.

Last year there was a lot of “Stroud falling” talk - albeit he did eventually go 2nd overall. Levis was a bit of a strange case where he actually ended up going roughly where the internet guys ranked him, but there was a big hype campaign that turned out to be fake news.

2021 the league was lower on Justin Fields than the draftniks.

2018 Josh Rosen (and to a lesser extent Darnold)

All the way back in 2014 you had think pieces online saying Bridgewater was close to an Andrew Luck level prospect. He barely even made it into the first round and was a bust. 

Point I’m trying to make is that I can’t really think of an example of a QB in recent memory where the league is lower on a guy than the draftniks and the league was proved wrong. Maybe Aaron Rodgers, but I wasn’t around back then to know if the armchair guys ranked him highly.

In the case of guys that the league is higher on than the internet, it splits a lot more. The league got Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes right but not so much Mitchel Trubisky, EJ Manuel or Daniel Jones.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Is it?

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Probably not safe to say tight ends need to be top tier athletes, but as per last season the top 6 stats producers all had a RAS above 9. 

Yeah, I have seen it said before that TE is the position that correlates the most with high end athleticism, and with sub par athletes just not working out.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I have seen it said before that TE is the position that correlates the most with high end athleticism, and with sub par athletes just not working out.

I concur.

Not all high level athlete TEs pan out, but almost all the ones who do are high level athletes.

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Is it?

According to history, yes. Out of all positions TE has the strongest correlation between tested athleticism and NFL production. Not all elite athletes are elite TEs, but pretty much all elite TEs have elite testing. Someone like Mark Andrews is considered an outlier to this data.

https://x.com/MathBomb/status/1601988311236706304

https://x.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1759664161007550786

• Like 1